Propose July 25th MCG match as Petition Day | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Propose July 25th MCG match as Petition Day

I listen to what you're saying but my question is,
"Why this ticket mentality?"

It were tickets/factions that created divisions in the club back in 1985.
It is the current divisions whoever v Casey et al at present that are tearing the club apart.
Once the EGM is called there will be a spill of all positions, and all members whether part of a ticket or not will be free to nominate for a free and open election.
At Carlton because of a shoddy petition they ended up with one dictatorship replacing another dictatorship, I don't believe we want that to happen here.
The idea is to have an all encompassing Board with one common direction, naturally differing views, all for the benefit of the club.

I'd love to see the back of the current board phantom, but before I sign a petition for an EGM, I want to know what alternatives I have for my vote.

I want to see the opposing ticket(s) because this could be the most important decision we make as Tiger members. And I'd hate to think that by acting prematurely, we might force those considering a challenge to rush their plans and not have the best possible people in place.

Agree with Hanno

I want to make sure the best possible people step forward and present to us how and why their strategies and plans will put us back on the up again.Its no use having people who are half ready or not entirely 100% committed to there roles elected.
Its a tough job to make a melbourne based club viable these days,so clear thinking from dedicated guys with a vision for our future is needed, not just businessmen with a pipe dream to see us become flag winners one day.
Im also concerned about the timing for these events.
We are currently searching for a new CEO and no doubt, Senior Coaching staff.Would any contracts or agreements be dissolved if a complete spill was implemented??

Phantom,l admire your conviction on the matter and appluad your initiative.Im just unsure about the timing.

Phantom,

If what I was just told is true about the running of the RFC, you can count me in.

I don't think I can say here what it is as it would prob fly too close to the wind of defamation.

RR

Many thanks RR,
I was beginning to think I was Robinson Crusoe for a moment there.

Phant,

Hopefully Casey will walk before then and we won't need to have an EGM.

The only prob Phant is the cost of holding an EGM. The club is broke, so I would reckon there would be legal action to prevent one from taking place.

Maybe the petition and the intentions of a no confidence vote would be the trigger for CC to resign.

If what I was just told is true about the running of the RFC, you can count me in.

I don't think I can say here what it is as it would prob fly too close to the wind of defamation.

RR

Hey RR you can't leave me hanging like that, you have to give us something, maybe don't name names.

I dont think we should be hoping for a ticket..

What happens if jewell and co present a ticket and as a result no one else puts up a hand.. Suddenly we have the same losers we have had for the last 20 years. And they look like heroes. Cant go through that again.

We need a spill of all board positions so that all candidates can come out openly and nominate themselves for positions on the board.

Then us fans can choose the best canditates. Guaranteed, if Knights, Free, and other former greats put their hands up. We will vote them in. If a dud ticket takes over, then they may not support these former greats. We might end up with more carlton, collingwood and st kilda wooden spooners.

We need the nominations to be open and for everyone to be able to nominate without having to worry about politics. In this environment, we need more football people leading the club into the future.

Have to careful here, but it amounts to a person of high power within the club basically sticking his hand in the till and using the club to line his own pockets..so to speak.

And the departure of the triple jumper had more to do with this than anything else.

If you want to hear more...you have to buy me a beer and a Chicken Parma at the Vaucluse.

But believe me, this is all from a very solid source and considered very reliable

If you're talking about the one in Swan St Richmond name your night.

mmmmmmmm chicken parma !!

I think you could be having a parma every night for a few weeks Rampo.

Can somebody clarify the liable laws on this site?

If Rosy or anybody else is at risk, I won't say any more.

On that Parma....chips and Vege's.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Strongly suggest that you don't say any more, RR.

Except at the Vaucluse, of course ;)

Let me know when you're hungry :)

Personally, I would go to the Swan Hotel for that parma.

There's a nice "chicken" there who will bring it to your table....

Cluck. Cluck.

Will do a pre game Parma and beer at the V on July 10 before the Essendon game.

For anybody who wants to have a chat, join me for a parma, pot and a chin wag!!

Rampaging Richo said:
Have to careful here, but it amounts to a person of high power within the club basically sticking his hand in the till and using the club to line his own pockets..so to speak.

And the departure of the triple jumper had more to do with this than anything else.

If you want to hear more...you have to buy me a beer and a Chicken Parma at the Vaucluse.

But believe me, this is all from a very solid source and considered very reliable

RR, would love to be there at the Vaucluse to shout you a Parma and a Beer to hear what you have to say, but the 6 hour round trip might make it a bit hard. Can you give the initials of the accused?