Punt Road Redevelopment | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Punt Road Redevelopment

mj72

Tiger Rookie
Jun 21, 2004
punt road
Need to get on with it and start the work. Of course it will cost more than the original estimates, everything always does. I do find the prices of commercial building a bit ridiculous, $90m? Really?

DS
The $90 surprises me.
I'm quite familiar with project values in this vicinity and the increases over the last few years. I am not familiar with the detail of the plans - if anyone has knowledge, I'd love to see.
I wouldn't be concerned by the Commonwealth Games *smile* up. That was a budget of 'give me as low as possible' v a current 'give me as high as possible'.
The gov jobs are rorts - costs are doubled or more and its as corrupt as can be.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
There's a large problem with costs of materials and labour. Dan's not the only state trying to do massive infrastructure works, which has driven demand for both through the roof.
I work in and around large scale infra projects and have been told the Fed Govt has asked for all State governments to slow down as the nation can't sustain this rate of work. All that signifies a much steeper cost for Punt Rd. But for the future of our club, it's probably needed to stay on the forefront of facilities etc.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Sure is bad timing in terms of the current issues in construction, but the club really does need the new facilities.

DS

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
The women are playing at Princes Park, so something is supposed to be happening.

DS

All our AFLW matches were scheduled at Ikon Park "In Case" they were in a position to commence re-development.

Obviously they are not ready?, insufficient funds, yes. Have they even appointed a builder from the tender process? it is getting close to embarrassing that we have a condemned Grand Stand where our members can't watch and a ground where our girls can't play.

The club has access to about $50 Million without going into debt, can they do anything in stages? otherwise we could be waiting a long time for the extra $45Million that is required.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
All our AFLW matches were scheduled at Ikon Park "In Case" they were in a position to commence re-development.

Obviously they are not ready?, insufficient funds, yes. Have they even appointed a builder from the tender process? it is getting close to embarrassing that we have a condemned Grand Stand where our members can't watch and a ground where our girls can't play.

The club has access to about $50 Million without going into debt, can they do anything in stages? otherwise we could be waiting a long time for the extra $45Million that is required.

They've appointed Multiplex as the builder for the project, I think is supposed to commence before the end of the year. But who knows if that happens.

Reactions: 1 user

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Tumbleweed GIF

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Ca you explain to me why thats a bad thing?
I hate our club's ongoing reliance on poker machine revenue. Also the AFL should be contributing significant dollars to the redevelopment. They give us nothing. The only reason we are doing this redevelopment is because our requirements as a club doubled overnight with the introduction of the AFLW competition. Members should not be stumping up for that. $100m is a massive amount of money.

Last edited:

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Surely they can just do a $50 million redevelopment, no need to future proof it, just long enough to see out my days, (i give myself 20 years), stuff the next generation I deserve to see out my training reporting days in comfort ;) :)

Reactions: 2 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Surely they can just do a $50 million redevelopment, no need to future proof it, just long enough to see out my days, (i give myself 20 years), stuff the next generation I deserve to see out my training reporting days in comfort ;) :)

1702438872670.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Meanwhile the Toorak Demons look like moving their base to Caulfield as part of the redevelopment there. Expect to be up and running by 2028.

Reactions: 1 user