Punt Road Redevelopment | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Punt Road Redevelopment

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
I hate our club's ongoing reliance on poker machine revenue. Also the AFL should be contributing significant dollars to the redevelopment. They give us nothing. The only reason we are doing this redevelopment is because our requirements as a club doubled overnight with the introduction of the AFLW competition. Members should not be stumping up for that. $100m is a massive amount of money.

better than relying on taxpayer handouts. Footy gets way more than its fair share.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
It was nice to see The Prime Minister, Albanese, and AFL CEO, Andrew Dillion, with shovels posing for the launch/commencement of Hawthorn's $113 million Dingley re-development:vomit
Meanwhile deathly silence from Punt Road :mad:

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Spot on, seize!

We have all this money either set aside or ready to be drawn down.
Our own savings from the Triple Treat + Merch sales + Sponsorships + + +
Federal Money promised.
State Money promised.

Big news from Hawks as mentioned, with old Albo shovelling *smile* in his pristine high vis gear.

Crickets from us.
With all these extra teams we've got now (vfl, ladies, wheelchair) we need to get moving on this.
I understand Benny is prob worried about where the rest of the money will come from and not to put us in to huge debt.
But can't help feeling we are being left behind by other clubs.

We have the prime location.
Just need to make a move.

(I wonder have any of you guys who are in clubs like Club80 etc asked these questions on the info nights?)

Reactions: 1 user

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
to put some perspective on this, Hawthorn starting planning to develop that BARREN SHITHOLE back in 2015 - NINE *smile* years ago !!

We are trying to do something similar in the inner city, different strokes, folks !

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
From The President:

Off-field, we remain committed to commencing the Punt Road Oval redevelopment this year. Increased costs have complicated our plans somewhat and, on behalf of members, the Board is conscious of taking a responsible approach to debt in the current economic climate.

That said, we still expect to commence works this year. This redevelopment is vital to our future. It will strengthen us off-field and give us the opportunity to win on-field.

As part of this, we will shortly launch a key consumer fundraising campaign, engaging the might of the Tiger Army to kick-start our final push. Please keep an eye out for it and as always, any support is greatly appreciated.

***PS. I will believe it when I see it.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Fundraising campaign launched.

I've got a lot to say about this but not now.

Wasn’t there some thing about getting your name physically printed on a brick that was to be used in the new stand?

Now we get “digital” acknowledgement of a brick and a name on a “digital” honour board?

If I could have had my name of the new stand to be there for the next 100 years I’d have been all over it.

“Digital acknowledgement?” Not for me

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I agree digital acknowledgement is bollocks, do it properly or don't bother.

As for the idea that we be careful in these times, what are they on about? When there is inflation debt devalues in real terms, as long as the interest rate isn't bad it is the best time to be in debt.

DS

Ralphie

Tiger Rookie
Dec 6, 2015
I'm sick of the sooking by some members re this redevelopment, I'm in and DGAF about my name being somewhere. I can't wait to use it

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I'm sick of the sooking by some members re this redevelopment, I'm in and DGAF about my name being somewhere. I can't wait to use it
It looks great and I'm sure Benny's put a power of work in to ensure it will set us up for the future. But 'digital commemorative certificate' is a bit limp.

Reactions: 1 users

Ralphie

Tiger Rookie
Dec 6, 2015
It looks great and I'm sure Benny's put a power of work in to ensure it will set us up for the future. But 'digital commemorative certificate' is a bit limp.
Oh well you can print it out, mount it to your wall and hand it down to your grand children

• Haha