Punt Road Redevelopment | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Punt Road Redevelopment

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
caesar said:
Can't Labor revoke anything the Libs promise when Labor comes into power May whenever it is? We may have to start the lobbying all over again.

it will surely be an election promise that will prove to be pointless as they will be booted out anyway. I hope Labor doesn't match it.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
22nd Man said:
Think it was Bachars foundation that got the cheque.

Yep 1.2 million to both the Bachar Houli Foundation & also Korin Gamadji Institute (KGI)

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Wonder if it will be in the budget. If so, collect the cheque in a hurry.

Would be good to get Punt Rd redeveloped, hopefully they can get a bit more space too but surely that would be up to the Melbourne City Council.

DS

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
The new MRC windows afforded a reasonable view of the ground, for the 12 people who could access them.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
TigerFlag2017 said:
15m from the federal government pork barrel fund
So that’s to redevelop the Jack Dyer stand area ?

Such great potential we have been in the precinct we are, so much outside money we will be able to tap into

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Mr Brightside said:
So that’s to redevelop the Jack Dyer stand area ?

Such great potential we have been in the precinct we are, so much outside money we will be able to tap into

Benny Gale repeated at the VFL & VFLW launch last night that they are still aiming for a $60 million master plan so a long long way to go.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008

Crikey. With today's $15m pledge from ScoMo, that's three visits and two cheques from the Lib's in the past month.
Just need Bill to match or exceed and we might just be on our way to a decent redevelopment.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
17 said:
Crikey. With today's $15m pledge from ScoMo, that's three visits and two cheques from the Lib's in the past month.
Just need Bill to match or exceed and we might just be on our way to a decent redevelopment.

I'd be sending them alternate weekly invitations ;D

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Do we get any space to expand the facilities? I think Punt Rd is getting too small for so many teams, we just need a little room to expand the facilities. Off to the Melbourne City Council I presume,surely they could include some sort of public facility to sweeten the deal.

DS

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
caesar said:
Benny Gale repeated at the VFL & VFLW launch last night that they are still aiming for a $60 million master plan so a long long way to go.

Has anyone actually seen this masterplan? It must exist because they wouldn't pledge money for a drawing on a napkin.
$60m sounds like a serious development. Are they tearing down the new building already? In my opinion, they should

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Not much room available for a redevelopment unless they rip everything down and shift the oval. How much more can we move inward?

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Harry said:
Not much room available for a redevelopment unless they rip everything down and shift the oval. How much more can we move inward?

The MCG Trust have to approve any works done to PRO/Yarra Park. It would make sense for them to do so, but I have serious doubts that they will .

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
So that 15 Mill goes into holding A/c?
(Given we are 45 Mill short.)

Hope they don't go into debt.
Saw how well that went last time...Not.

And what if Scomo doesn't win?
Has Blinky Bill given us same assurance.

If not this Project is light years from getting started.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Dont Argue said:
Has anyone actually seen this masterplan?

its basically a rebuild of the Jack Dyer Stand. its all listed here:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/jack-dyer-stand-may-go-in-60m-punt-road-oval-redevelopment-20180907-p502dv.html

I am against the building of the islamic academy and the expanding of the Korin Gamadji Institute. That is why i don't want any government funding. I want this to be a project for the Richmond Football club only (the players, admin and the fans). I want the JD Stand rebuilt and improved training and admin faciities. But I also want a Richmond themed bar and bistro exclusive to richmond members to be used on game day and a place for us to congregate together for when we play interstate. Its to be full of richmond memorabilia, discounts for members, etc. and its to be bult under the brand new JD stand.

If the government wants to build an islamic academy and expand of the Korin Gamadji Institute, by all means let them build it elsewhere. But lets keep PRO for the RFC and the fans. And let us build it with our own money to ensure it gets built the way we want it.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
So an ex Liberal Premier, Jeff Kennett, can get a promised $20 million from federal Labour should they win.
RFC have been promised $13 million from Lib's should they get in.

I think the Hawks are on the odds on favorite.

Surely we should be hedging our bets and lobbying Labour as well.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Too close to the truth to be funny!

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/when-it-comes-to-handouts-how-much-do-clubs-want-20190511-p51mbb.html

Ceaser will enjoy it...