Punt Road Redevelopment | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Punt Road Redevelopment

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Just a question @Ian4 I see that you're obviously a passionate Melbourne Victory supporter and therefore I was wondering if you're happy for them to receive tax payer funds towards development of facilities?
The difference being that they are a for profit business owned by a bunch of shareholders.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Just a question @Ian4 I see that you're obviously a passionate Melbourne Victory supporter and therefore I was wondering if you're happy for them to receive tax payer funds towards development of facilities?
The difference being that they are a for profit business owned by a bunch of shareholders.

actually, I'm not. But Football (nee Soccer) gets nothing from the government in comparison to footy or other sports in this country. And don't get me started on the failed Footscray Park development. It makes me angry on so many levels.

But from a Melbourne Victory perspective, I want them to put a plan in place into build their own stadium in the future. I'm not talking about the short term, I'm talking about 20-30 years down the track. We need to leave AAMI Park at some point.

IMO, the future of the ALeague lies in teams building their own Football Specific stadiums, so we don’t have to share with other sports and we can keep all the revenue from match days instead of paying ridiculous rents that cripple clubs. And I don’t want governments to fund these because they will place conditions on them and make them share with other sports. Western United’s proposed stadium in Tarneit is the blueprint for mine.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Richmond to do a 15.5 million redevelopment, (or at least that what the Vic Gov't is tipping in), in 2022, a far cry from the pre Covid 60 million dream redevelopment but desperately needed nonetheless

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Richmond to do a 15.5 million redevelopment, (or at least that what the Vic Gov't is tipping in), in 2022, a far cry from the pre Covid 60 million dream redevelopment but desperately needed nonetheless

If this happens they need to make sure it is built in such a way as it can be expanded later.

Punt Rd sorely needs an upgrade. If they do it right they can host VFL and AFLW games there with a decent crowd and facilities as well as making it a first class training ground for all our teams.

DS

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I hope there's a good vantage point for our resident training guru.

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Going to be the same size as the MCG, thats really good news, but i dunno how its going to fit in that space.
This need to be combined with Richmond Station in the future.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Play there cards right and well be able to make half of the money up by selling pieces of the Old JDS to us diehards

• Love
  • Haha

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Going to be the same size as the MCG, thats really good news, but i dunno how its going to fit in that space.
This need to be combined with Richmond Station in the future.
Is it possible for a stand to go over Punt rd or punt road go under a stand ? , that would then be very easy to link it up to Richmond station , with a heap of cafes, bars, restaurants and bars joining them

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Interesting Scotty committed $15m last year, and now $15m of Vic Gov money. Hard to see the tigers putting in $30m. Maybe the $60m total has been reduced.

I assume KGI and Bachar Houli Foundation have played a big part of the pitch, perhaps there is seperate money pots coming for these area.

I know some people are very passionate about the grandstand, but I like the design.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
great development, sketch looks great & having sat in the JDS many many times in the last 7 years, its a possum poo riddled fire hazard and it needs to go ( I do love it though )

Reactions: 4 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Interesting Scotty committed $15m last year, and now $15m of Vic Gov money. Hard to see the tigers putting in $30m. Maybe the $60m total has been reduced.

I assume KGI and Bachar Houli Foundation have played a big part of the pitch, perhaps there is seperate money pots coming for these area.

I know some people are very passionate about the grandstand, but I like the design.
Bulldogs get $36 million, Geelong get $40m.
And we get 15m?

Do we just keep getting shafted or need better skills working on the Business Cases for these pitches to Govts??

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Bulldogs get $36 million, Geelong get $40m.
And we get 15m?

Do we just keep getting shafted or need better skills working on the Business Cases for these pitches to Govts??
We already had $15m from the Federal Government. I just think the Government’s look at the membership numbers and the profits and scales us back like some sort of rich tax.

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
We already had $15m from the Federal Government. I just think the Government’s look at the membership numbers and the profits and scales us back like some sort of rich tax.
Ah yes, sorry I forgot about the Fed contribution. Reckon you might be right MB78 re scaling back for us. But don't Geelong already make significant profits.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Ah yes, sorry I forgot about the Fed contribution. Reckon you might be right MB78 re scaling back for us. But don't Geelong already make significant profits.
Yeah they do. Plus the extra capacity will further contribute to that. I wonder how much the whole project costs at Geelong? Based on the Crow’s and GWS, hopefully Geelong is in for a big fall.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Getting to remain at Punt Road is an absolute blessing. It’s the best spiritual base in the AFL. Although updating the Dyer stand by tearing it down is sad, it’s the location, it’s the history sown into the turf, it’s the ghosts of the pasts that can never be forgotten that make it. And right now if Benny & Peggy think it’s required, then it’s a positive.

Reactions: 3 users