Punt Road Redevelopment | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Punt Road Redevelopment

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
TigerFlag2017 said:
Too close to the truth to be funny!

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/when-it-comes-to-handouts-how-much-do-clubs-want-20190511-p51mbb.html

Ceaser will enjoy it...

Not long to go to see if we backed the wrong horse.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
caesar said:
So an ex Liberal Premier, Jeff Kennett, can get a promised $20 million from federal Labour should they win.
RFC have been promised $13 million from Lib's should they get in.

I think the Hawks are on the odds on favorite.

Surely we should be hedging our bets and lobbying Labour as well.

Now Labour have pledged $20 million to Geelong should they win.
Labour better get their skates on, they only have 2 days left to make me change my vote ;D

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
caesar said:
So an ex Liberal Premier, Jeff Kennett, can get a promised $20 million from federal Labour should they win.
RFC have been promised $13 million from Lib's should they get in.

I think the Hawks are on the odds on favorite.

Surely we should be hedging our bets and lobbying Labour as well.

Looks like Benny backed the right horse after-all.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
https://www.otiumplanning.com.au/portfolio-items/punt-road-oval-redevelopment-funding/

$15,000,000 towards this project.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
MB78 said:
https://www.otiumplanning.com.au/portfolio-items/punt-road-oval-redevelopment-funding/

$15,000,000 towards this project.

Nice work getting hold of the plan, have not seen that before.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
caesar said:
Nice work getting hold of the plan, have not seen that before.

Agree. Well done.

I hope increased car parking facilities is part of the plan. The parking situation at the moment is grossly inadequate.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Shame theres not enough room to build a 80k seat stadium so we can play geelol there in a final

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Shame theres not enough room to build a 80k seat stadium so we can play geelol there in a final
And there'd be no room for Geelol fans, so they could save the trip to Richmond n watch the game on t.v. at home.

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
Saw on the news the other night that the footy department has grown so much that the admin are now in portable offices.

Thought they said 3 years until redevelopment.
Should rent some office space, not everyone needs to be located at PRO

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
80k stadium, not big enough, we have 100k members let alone supporters.

As for Punt Rd, we really need the redevelopment, especially now we have AFLW as well as AFL, VFL and VFLW. Time the biggest sporting club in the land got some largesse, this would be great for RFC and for the local area.

DS

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Should rent some office space, not everyone needs to be located at PRO
Got a feeling they already do that somewhere in Swan or Lennox Sts or both... could be wrong but thought I'd read it at some time in the not too distant past.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Got a feeling they already do that somewhere in Swan or Lennox Sts or both... could be wrong but thought I'd read it at some time in the not too distant past.

They have office space in Church Street, I know their Swinburn students went off site during the year

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
A ridiculous proposal when you look back on it.
Not much use for our seniors, but would be ideal for a growing n developing VFL and Women's team. Would also be ideal as a third neutral stadium for clubs to use against interstate sides where crowds would only be in the mid twenties to thirties range. Rather than ColonialTelstraEddieheadWhatever stadium

doherz

Tiger Superstar
Apr 24, 2004
Tigerland
www.informtech.com.au
sorry but I am 100% against this development. firstly, I am sick of government funding going to footy. isn't $500m enough already? secondly, we should be funding it 100% ourselves and build it our way. none of this community rubbish. lets build something for the RFC and RFC only.

I don't think it's that simple champ. We lease the ground (on a 99 year lease as I understand it) and any improvements we want to make need to include a community element and be ratified by Melbourne city council and parks Vic as it's zoned parks and recreation.

As an aside the last redevelopment cost 20 million so I'm not for draining our cash reserves and going into debt again. I'll gladly accept funding where it's available and for something that extensively benefits the wider community as well.

We are an outward facing community NFP organisation. Not an insular corporate machine.