R23 team changes v Brisbane | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R23 team changes v Brisbane

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Our game plan relies on our pressure on the opposition up the ground and not allowing them enough opportunities to score highly. Our backline are masters at creating a free man back and intercepting the rushed inside 50s and sling shot ting it quickly back out. We've played some very tall forward opposition and handled it well on most occassions with our undersized backline. I wouldn't be changing that. If we are being beaten by tall opposition it's be ause our gameplan pressure isn't up to scratch. Only way I'd bring Balta in atm is as a replacement for Chol.
Yep.
If the mids are earning their keep n our forward pressure shuts down any slingshot rebound, then their forwards will struggle. We're the masters of dirty ball footy going both ways n that's what makes us so difficult to beat.

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
There have only been eight previous matches between sides having won at least 8 in a row each.
Only once in the last forty years. More teams, annual draft, minimal size playing lists. Makes it damn hard for sides to get dominant periods within the season.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Cameron is the only real danger.

Dave, Tigga and Broad can handle Hipwood, Robinson and McStay

So is Aker & Gastev.
If we loose to this mob, it will be for me equivalent to the feeling I had when we lost to them in 87 and won the spoon.
We will smash them.
They remind me us under Frawley, beat the easy team then get smashed ny the real teams.
This time around we are the REAL team. (Excluding Ellis)

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Balta starting, and spending quite a bit of time in the ruck in the VFL last week, might indicate that he's being considered for the 2nd ruck position.

Salta hasnt been tried yet has it?

Im all in.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
Only once in the last forty years. More teams, annual draft, minimal size playing lists. Makes it damn hard for sides to get dominant periods within the season.

I look at it the other way.
It's happened now three times in the last 48 years but only once in the previous 75 years (and never in the previous 73 years).

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
I look at it the other way.
It's happened now three times in the last 48 years but only once in the previous 75 years (and never in the previous 73 years).
*smile*. I know I saw a much longer list before I posted, either that or I've had a massive brain fart. Has that L2R2R bloke fudged the paperwork n undone me?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
B David Astbury, Nathan Broad, Dylan Grimes
HB Bachar Houli, Nick Vlastuin, Jayden Short
C Josh Caddy, Dion Prestia, Brandon Ellis
HF Daniel Rioli, Jason Castagna, Kane Lambert
F Jack Riewoldt, Jack Graham, Tom Lynch
Foll Ivan Soldo , Shane Edwards, Dustin Martin
I/C (from) Trent Cotchin, Jack Ross, Shai Bolton, Kamdyn McIntosh, Noah Balta, Jake Aarts, Mabior Chol, Liam Baker

The Tigers will finalise their Round 23 team at 5.00pm on Friday afternoon.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-08-22/round-23-squad-announcement

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
wsRK3sC.jpg

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
B David Astbury, Nathan Broad, Dylan Grimes
HB Bachar Houli, Nick Vlastuin, Jayden Short
C Josh Caddy, Dion Prestia, Brandon Ellis
HF Daniel Rioli, Jason Castagna, Kane Lambert
F Jack Riewoldt, Jack Graham, Tom Lynch
Foll Ivan Soldo , Shane Edwards, Dustin Martin
I/C (from) Trent Cotchin, Jack Ross, Shai Bolton, Kamdyn McIntosh, Noah Balta, Jake Aarts, Mabior Chol, Liam Baker

The Tigers will finalise their Round 23 team at 5.00pm on Friday afternoon.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-08-22/round-23-squad-announcement

Does this mean Grimes is a definite starter, or could Balta or McKintosh be his replacement?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'd give Balta a run. We know what Chol brings. Let's see what Balta is like after another run in the twos. Then we need to lock one in for the finals unless Nank makes it back.

Reactions: 1 user

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Hmmm, thinking about it I have doubts about Caddy on a wing.

I would like to see Cotch in and Caddy out, but I know it won't happen.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Understood but question was, are one of them his likely replacement? Thought Garthwaite might have been included?
Putting it that way maybe Dylan is a certain starter.
Think it would be Balta vs Chol given Balta's role changed last week at VFL level to Forward/Ruck as opposed to defense.
Kmac was good down back in VFL so may be the cover but certainly not a like for like. They might even want a bigger body back there than Baker?