R23 team changes v Brisbane | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R23 team changes v Brisbane

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008

introducing the bye has nothing to do with clubs resting players. wake up.

Exactly
There is no perfect solution to this - bye or no bye - either way clubs will make the call to suit themselves (and rest players) depending on the circumstances at the time
There’s bugger all the AFL can do to completely stop it
I hate clubs doing it but if Ess beat Cwood tonight - I’d be happy for Grimes to rest on Sunday and maybe Cotchin too

Reactions: 1 user

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
There’s a fallacy being perpetuated that resting players before finals gives one an advantage the following week.
Well we had plenty of rest last year, and look what happened.
If a player is legitimately sore, then fair enough but in someone like Cotch’s case, he must play. And often.
Idiot Parrot on Sliding Doors telling teams to rest players. Enough said.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
There’s a fallacy being perpetuated that resting players before finals gives one an advantage the following week.
Well we had plenty of rest last year, and look what happened.
If a player is legitimately sore, then fair enough but in someone like Cotch’s case, he must play. And often.
Idiot Parrot on Sliding Doors telling teams to rest players. Enough said.

Still - I've got awful memories of the year North rested half their side against us in the last round coz they were safe.
First we had all sorts of trouble beating their seconds in that game - and then they turned around and knocked us out in the final the following week.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Still - I've got awful memories of the year North rested half their side against us in the last round coz they were safe.
First we had all sorts of trouble beating their seconds in that game - and then they turned around and knocked us out in the final the following week.

Probably says more about us than them.
We were still pretenders in 2015

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If grimes does miss, broad is the other bloke with the speed for charlie cameron and i suppose Vlastuin plays goal keeper?

Dave gets Hipwood. He utterly nullified Kennedy last week. Hipwood should be a piece of cake for an in form DTLD.

Not sure who slots in for Grimes to do Love Machines role.

Probably Kmac?

If Grimes misses, I reckon we will see

out: Grimes, Chol, Ross

in: Kmac, Balta, Cotchy

and there's our 22, hopefully for a Q final

Ross obviously stiff, and the first in for any mid injury.

BTW, I dont want to vilify Performing Aarts, because I have never seen him play, live or on TV.

But what's with 'debuting' him 2 weeks in a row on the verge of a tilt? The MC must really rate something he is doing that I am missing, or are they just applying a little blow torch to someone like Danny?

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Hmmm. I hope Ross is a rest. Would like him in the finals.

Grimes out, really hope it's precautionary rather than his ankle being more serious than Balmey would ever let on

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Hmmm. I hope Ross is a rest. Would like him in the finals.

Grimes out, really hope it's precautionary rather than his ankle being more serious than Balmey would ever let on
Teams are not confirmed until 5pm aren't they?

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Correct Ridley but I guess they will/may do a late change Sunday for Grimes depending on the miracle at the G tonight and how Grimes is by Sunday.
They will give him every chance to play.
Cameron is a real danger as we really have no one to play on him.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
If grimes does miss, broad is the other bloke with the speed for charlie cameron and i suppose Vlastuin plays goal keeper?

Dave gets Hipwood. He utterly nullified Kennedy last week. Hipwood should be a piece of cake for an in form DTLD.

Not sure who slots in for Grimes to do Love Machines role.

Probably Kmac?

If Grimes misses, I reckon we will see

out: Grimes, Chol, Ross

in: Kmac, Balta, Cotchy

and there's our 22, hopefully for a Q final

Ross obviously stiff, and the first in for any mid injury.

BTW, I dont want to vilify Performing Aarts, because I have never seen him play, live or on TV.

But what's with 'debuting' him 2 weeks in a row on the verge of a tilt? The MC must really rate something he is doing that I am missing, or are they just applying a little blow torch to someone like Danny?

Aarts is just in good VFL form.

I think it's as simple as, he's on the extended bench. He's next in if a small forward or mid doesn't get up, late withdrawal etc.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Is Baker too slow for Cameron? I know he's developed out of sight since but who played on him in the 17 GF?
Vlossy played on Walker in the GF. Grimes had Betts. Broad on Lynch. Astbury on Jenkins and Rance was tagged by some flog. Houli must have been on Cameron was he?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Cameron got a bad leg injury in the first qtr of the GF I think broad landed heavily on him and he struggled from then

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Out of interest Caesar, how do they move people on from a public footpath?
There is no legal way of course but they get paranoid about spies, (a bit ridiculous when most clubs have open training grounds anyway), so a security guy will often approach ask who you are, are you a Richmond member etc and request undesirables to move on.
In regards to journo's they generally tow the line when asked to leave otherwise they may well lose any privileges the club gives to the media.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Dimma said today that Cotch is a certainty and pretty sure Grimes will play.

Dimma did say that in his pre-training presser but also said that Grimes would train today and they would assess after, (he sort of baulked at the journo's question does he have to pass a fitness test). Now what I saw you wouldn't call training but maybe that is all he was asked to do, and the reason he didn't affirm a fitness test to journo because it would be construed as a fail?
Think they are just keeping him off the ankle as much as they can.

Reactions: 3 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Caesar (or anyone),

How close is Aarts?
My bad but I haven't seen enough Vfl games to get a gauge on him.
So does he play in a similar fashion to another Tiger? Strengths?
Can he hold up to senior footy?
Can he hold up to senior Finals footy?
Much obliged.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
What's the feeling by everyone?

Can we win this or will the Lions be too good?

Can't make up my mind. They are on top for a reason, but then again we are pretty strong right now.

Quite a question!!