R23 team changes v Brisbane | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R23 team changes v Brisbane

Yeah, MC seems desperate to persist with Shorty and yes, the backline has been performing great since we adjusted to Rancelot going down. 82 was the most points we've conceded for yonks, but I'll cut em some slack for WCE's arsey first quarter and subsequent accuracy.

Maybe a glimmer of what they expect with Short's running goal on Sundee. If he can polish up his delivery some more and play a bit tighter that would also be good thanks.

"Grounds don't really faze us, it's just another game of footy," he said.

"We're going to try and put it up to Richmond and treat it like any other week.

"We've only played one game there (MCG) this year, that alone is an exciting factor for us and having numbers there is all the more reasons for us to show up and bring our best game."

Hey....Linc, get ready for a spanking.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Don’t share many supporters confidence.
But I’m a terrible supporter who isn’t one eyed or ever over confident.
But I would love to put them back in their box.

"Grounds don't really faze us, it's just another game of footy," he said.

"We're going to try and put it up to Richmond and treat it like any other week.

"We've only played one game there (MCG) this year, that alone is an exciting factor for us and having numbers there is all the more reasons for us to show up and bring our best game."

Obviously that’s not the Geelong coach you’re quoting

Yet they aren’t.

Amid the elite (we’re fourth) man management and consistent selection, and superb performances by the back six as a unit this year, you and others want to continue to hound Shorty?

Your prerogative, but it’s silly.

No amount of weird cherry picking will change how silly it is.

And it’ll look even sillier in September.

weird? Silly? Cherry picking? Its about exposed form. Last years finals and this season. As I said in another thread, last week was the first time i've seen him OK in contested situations. I still think he's not quite up to it,, that in the context of us being a top, tough side, the MC does and they know more than me, no arguments there. but last week I went from deeply concerned about him being in the side in finals to just concerned. If the MC are going to keep sticking with him, at least the trajectory is up.

Don’t share many supporters confidence.
But I’m a terrible supporter who isn’t one eyed or ever over confident.
But I would love to put them back in their box.
Brisbane have only played at the G once this year and got rolled by ten goals by the Dons.That was round four.Think they will find this trip tough again.

Who was it that posted about Rioli and the succubus?
I believe that his form has suffered since Fevola - one, the other, or both - has been around him.
This season he has been an average footballer. Probably bottom six in the team.

I still think hes a good Achilles heel

But thats a good point

Never gonna have 22 perfect blokes.

shortys imperfections worry me, but yeah ill trust the MC
Probably right but he's soft as butter at the contest compared to his backline compatriots. It was a beautiful left foot goal at an important moment. And with Stack unavailable its hard to see them replacing him. (Although shed could go back and play that role 5 x better and you leave Ross in the guts and add cotchin.) Ellis could swap a little with shed between mid and half-back. Pity we don't have 2 sheds!

Reactions: 1 users
Yet they aren’t.

Amid the elite (we’re fourth) man management and consistent selection, and superb performances by the back six as a unit this year, you and others want to continue to hound Shorty?

Your prerogative, but it’s silly.

No amount of weird cherry picking will change how silly it is.

And it’ll look even sillier in September.
Very well said. The RFC is so fortunate to have such a great defensive group. Several successful coaches over the years have stated that one of the main keys to winning a premiership is having a strong and stable defensive unit. Essential to keep our defensive unit together and stable for a full on crack at winning the premiership this year.

RFC said Grimes will be training later this week.
100% certain he might play.

Reactions: 1 user
RFC said Grimes will be training later this week.
100% certain he might play.
I think Burge said probable in relation to Grimes.
Cotchin was a yes.
Nankervis back first week of finals.
And Stack had the operation last night. Cited a minimum of four weeks.

Who was it that posted about Rioli and the succubus?
I believe that his form has suffered since Fevola - one, the other, or both - has been around him.
This season he has been an average footballer. Probably bottom six in the team.

He was noticeably hesitating every time he got the ball on the weekend and not taking the game on the way he has in the past. Definitely still down on confidence but at the same time we working hard to apply pressure.

I think Burge said probable in relation to Grimes.
Cotchin was a yes.
Nankervis back first week of finals.
And Stack had the operation last night. Cited a minimum of four weeks.

Can't see Stack coming back this year. We'll take the conservative approach I think.

Nank out so it's SoChol show again. I must admit that they seem to compliment one another's strengths. Cotch back in Ross out then.

In: Cotch, Balta
Out: Ross, Grimes (inj) - Yes I know he came back on after a needle and tight strapping but it was a risk and it blew up badly the next day because of torn ligaments which don't heal in one week. Smarter to save him for week 1 of finals.

Reactions: 1 users