R23 team changes v Brisbane | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

R23 team changes v Brisbane

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
What happens when Nank is ready to play in the first week of the finals? If soldo keeps lightning it up, akin to Sam Jacobs and Riley O’Brien at Adelaide, Nank may not get a gig?

Reactions: 1 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Weird how things sometimes pan out in footy, but there is a possibility that Nankervis may not play in the seniors again this year.
He must be under some sort of doubt with his groin injury.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Nank out so it's SoChol show again. I must admit that they seem to compliment one another's strengths. Cotch back in Ross out then.

Will be interesting to see how SoChol perform against Brisbane's ruck combo. They have Martin and McInerney. Definitely worried for Chol this week.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Weird how things sometimes pan out in footy, but there is a possibility that Nankervis may not play in the seniors again this year.
He must be under some sort of doubt with his groin injury.

Well after slowly increasing game time for Nanks over 4 weeks, come first final he won't have played for 4 weeks - unless he plays VFL first final. Very big concern then for match fitness levels. Right now crazy as it is if considering this early in the year, Soldo has to be favourite to play finals series.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Who are the four added to the squad. I reckon

Cotchin Balta Butler Menadue

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
In: Cotch, Balta
Out: Ross, Grimes (inj) - Yes I know he came back on after a needle and tight strapping but it was a risk and it blew up badly the next day because of torn ligaments which don't heal in one week. Smarter to save him for week 1 of finals.

you're kidding, right? Top 4 is at stake. Grimes has to play. Cameron has been destroying teams and we have the player who can silence him. We have the bye after, he can recover then. I would only rest him if Collingwood lose.

What happens when Nank is ready to play in the first week of the finals? If soldo keeps lightning it up, akin to Sam Jacobs and Riley O’Brien at Adelaide, Nank may not get a gig?

My personal view is that there is no decision to make. Soldo stays. We can't go into finals with an ruckman not match fit. and Soldo has been solid.

Reactions: 2 users

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
I still don't understand what Chol offers. He's good below his knees for a big man. But not as good as a small.

He doesn't take contested marks. He gets dominated as a ruck.

He has neat skills, and some agility and speed, but those traits are only useful in big men if they're also able to play as big men.

Balta has all those traits, plus takes marks, plus gets clearances, plus gets the ball, plus competes in the ruck. He's also a better kick.

Chol has upside. But not value in the best 22.

Out: Chol, Ross
In: Balta, Cotchin.

I love Ross, and reckon he'll be a star. But we looked a little one paced when both he and Graham are in the centre. I couldn't find anyone else to drop.

If Grimes goes out, Garth in.

Edit: If Nank is fit, play him instead of Balta. If Grimes isn't fit, Balta comes in for him.
All true but back in the 80s a big tall player was never completely ready but played anyway.

These days it’s still the same.
A big guy needs games to get learn the craft.
Afl footy is only easy if you’re watching it.
Small guys need time too but not as much

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
All true but back in the 80s a big tall player was never completely ready but played anyway.

These days it’s still the same.
A big guy needs games to get learn the craft.
Afl footy is only easy if you’re watching it.
Small guys need time too but not as much

After being at the game and watching it twice, also watching the seconds the last 3 weeks
Out; Castagna, Rioli
In ; Cotchin, Townsend/Naish

Townsend and Naish ( throw in Menadue, CCJ ) have been in irresistible form.

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
After being at the game and watching it twice, also watching the seconds the last 3 weeks
Out; Castagna, Rioli

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
George & Rioli wont be dropped at this late stage and if they were we need a like for a like.

Townsend / Naish are not that Like for Like.

Cotch most likely in for Ross and I would not be surprised if Balta is in squad morro nite and maybe replace Chol.

Brisbane have 3 big Forwards all over 195cm and Balta maybe good back up for them as well as helping out in the Ruck

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Out; Castagna, Rioli

Zero chance Naish comes in. Watch the game again. Note his complete lack of defensive effort. George and Danny will not be dropped either. And I think the Towner ship has sailed. Everyone writing off Pickett for a quiet game and pumping up Towner - they had the same number of touches. Pickett is more likely to get a game, imo.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Zero chance Naish comes in. Watch the game again. Note his complete lack of defensive effort. George and Danny will not be dropped either. And I think the Towner ship has sailed. Everyone writing off Pickett for a quiet game and pumping up Towner - they had the same number of touches. Pickett is more likely to get a game, imo.
Yep. Townsend is no chance of playing another AFL game for the Tiges, he is probably the player 2nd most likely not to be on an AFL list next year (behind M. Weller.)
And there is no way we will drop our 2 small forwards, i really doubt we will drop one of them.
If Cotchin is back, IMO it is out of Bolton, Ross and Graham. and Bolton is the most likely.
If Grimes is out Balta comes in.
Other Balta may come in for Chol.
no other changes will happen.

assuming no injuries i reckon the ins on Thursday will be:
Cotchin, Balta, Aarts and Pickett.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Cotchin Balta Aarts Townsend

Cotchin, Balta, Garthwaite, Aarts.
Ross, Chol both out.
Garth a back up if Grimes doesn’t get up and Aarts hot on Rioli’s tail for small forward should club believe Daniel needs a rest

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Cotchin, Balta, Garthwaite, Aarts.
Ross, Chol both out.
Garth a back up if Grimes doesn’t get up and Aarts hot on Rioli’s tail for small forward should club believe Daniel needs a rest
Yes of course forgot about Grimes

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Dons are trialling kids. I think we will need Grimesey Sunday

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Out; Castagna, Rioli

Ridiculous and just won't happen.