Re: Jake King | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Re: Jake King

tigergollywog

Non-Hierarchical Boss Cocky
Feb 4, 2006
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Apparently denied a farewell lap on Grand Final day by the AFL due to an arbitrary qualification of 150 games.

fair enough. Do you give Troy Taylor a lap and clap?

tigergollywog said:
fair enough. Do you give Troy Taylor a lap and clap?

Only if the AFL buy him a house.

And he also gets to keep the car he rode around in.

spook said:
Eddie McGuire said he'd piggy back him around himself.
I don't often like what McGuire says, but I backed him on that. He also pointed out that by the AFL's current rules Coleman wouldn't have been afforded a farewell on GF day if he was playing now. Brereton made the point that maybe the clubs should select who off their list who has retired that they want a GF day farewell if they don't qualify under the games played, major medal won, rule.

rimau35 said:
Goodonya Jake.

Gone at last and sitting where he should have been sitting for at least 3 years.......in the crowd.

Jake has lots of character but hiding injuries from the football department to rack up game statistics is not what TEAM is about.

Thank Allah that someone at the club has woken up this year and given some young honest guns like Miles and Lloyd a chance to show us the future.

You know you really have to move on rimau. I know the level of intellectual interaction on the Port supporters site will be limited to words of two syllables but you really would be better off on there supporting your boy, rather than on here denigrating Tiger players that I assume you feel interfered with his development at Tigerland.

Trying to run down Dusty or Jake will get you nowhere on here, if you insist on keeping up this attack I suggest you try Grigg or Hampson, you will get a bit more support ;D

CarnTheTiges said:
I don't often like what McGuire says, but I backed him on that. He also pointed out that by the AFL's current rules Coleman wouldn't have been afforded a farewell on GF day if he was playing now. Brereton made the point that maybe the clubs should select who off their list who has retired that they want a GF day farewell if they don't qualify under the games played, major medal won, rule.

He should sneak in there anyway and do a lap on a Harley!

buenavista said:
Oh can we make that happen? It would be great and fitting for Jake. I'm sure they can sneak him onto a car, though, he doesn't take up a lot of space.

buenavista said:
... I know the level of intellectual interaction on the Port supporters site will be limited to words of two syllables ....

The Power From Port has been closed down unfortunately.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Only if the AFL buy him a house.

And he also gets to keep the car he rode around in.

i think thats racist TST. uncool.

buenavista said:

would be pretty funny. Toby Mitchell dinking him on lap.

seriously though, an honour lap on GF day should be restricted to champions IMO. not ordinary players.

Enter Jake into the GF Sprint and in the final he can just keep running around the ground until he finishes a lap.

tigergollywog said:
i think thats racist TST. uncool.

Seriously? It was in reference to him complaining that the RFC didn't buy him a house when he was on our list.

Baloo said:
How in any way shape or form is that racist ?

maybe i interpreted wrong. but i was using Troy Taylor as an example of a player who played very few games.

I interpreted TST's comment about buy him a house and a car as a reference to aboriginal welfare dependency.

maybe im jumping at shadows?

I dunno. TST, did i call it wrong? sincere apology if I did.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Seriously? It was in reference to him complaining that the RFC didn't buy him a house when he was on our list.

very sorry TST. I misunderstood completely. never knew the RFC/taylor house story

Yep you've got it wrong bigtime gollywog. Nothing racist about it.

From Troy's Mum

"I tried to have a talk to him but he was just saying, 'I'm not going back Mum, they don't do what they're supposed to do for me.

" 'I want a house ... they haven't helped me and how many times do I have to ask them?' "

rosy23 said:
Yep you've got it wrong bigtime gollywog. Nothing racist about it.

was the 3rd woman up requisite in this instance Rosy?

I thought me and TST had it fairly well sorted.

tigergollywog said:
was the 3rd woman up requisite in this instance Rosy?

I thought me and TST had it fairly well sorted.

You obviously posted those comments while I was tying my post. Regardless of that I have every right to give my opinion on the playing of the racist card as well.

buenavista said:

The batmobile would top it off.

Shaved head and singing "bound for glory"