Re: Jake King | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Re: Jake King

tigergollywog said:
Baloo just waded in cause he loves Tom Deryxx and I dont.

No, not even close to the mark. I called you on it because it was obviously another example off a serial hater trying to find another person to hate.

Baloo said:
a serial hater

I swear to Lean, Mean, Liam McBean that Im not exaggerating, when I say thats one of the funniest, and most ironic, things ive read on PRE in the last week or so. :hihi

Baloo said:
No, not even close to the mark.

sheez, ive had a wildly inaccurate thread. Im like the lewis jetta of political dialogue and humour.

This thread really brings home to me two things:

1. How hard Rosy has it being head honcho on here, and

2. How some people just want to be like my wife and *smile* debate everything ad neuseam.

This thread is easily summarised.

Gollywog misinterpreted a post and accused another poster of being racist, he admitted as such and apologised. Good on him. Should have been the end of it but the snake decided to hop on board and suggest, despite his brothers apology, the poster was being racist and ignorant. It's a pretty long bow to draw considering the context and it's not acceptable forum behaviour.

Gollywog even suggested his brother weighed in, after the mater had been resolved, to have a "whack" to my "routine". Suddenly with strength in numbers gollywog is back on the case. There's a fair bullying mentality on the forum. I've been getting a string of abuse in emails lately accusing me of being sexist and criticising the way PRE is run. Just received another one this morning from the same person accusing me of being a racist, ignorant bigot.

Some people must have very hollow lives. Personal insults mean bugger all to me as I sit here with my beautiful, dying dog by my side. I'll never understand why people don't just leave if they don't like the forum and the way it's run. I pity them getting their jollies by harassing me.

To be clear, I haven't harassed anyone, just called it as I saw it.

sorry to hear about your dog

rosy23 said:
This thread is easily summarised.

Good on him. Should have been the end of it

couple of important omissions Rosy, with respect.

1. You entered the debate subsequent to said 'should have been the end of it'

and

2. me and snake have pretty rich, full lives and have never harrassed a living soul. Except the time we beat Collingwood by 10 goals on Mothers Day.

There is an insinuation me and snake are stalkers. which I dont appreciate. ive never sent a pm. replied politely to a couple. never sent one.

Im sorry about your dog also

tigergollywog said:
1. You entered the debate subsequent to said 'should have been the end of it'

Yes and I explained at the time I was posting it as you posted and you said "fair enough". Are you CM's wife?

Anyway I don't care much for the double tag tactics but each to their own. The thing that is out of line is accusing another poster of being racist without reasonable evidence. It's just not on. You accepted T-Shirts explanation and apologised.

T-Shirt Tommy said:
Wait, what? Borderline racist? How did you come to that conclusion? BTW, I would have made the same joke had Ben Nason, Mitch Farmer, Trent Cotchin or any other player on our list made that comment. The fact that Troy Taylor is indigenous had no bearing on it whatsoever. All of a sudden I've turned into David Duke.

Regarding the last line in your quote, the fact that it is linked to my quote in any way is a disgrace.

There is no reason whatsoever that should not be taken at face value.

rosy23 said:
Yes and I explained at the time I was posting it as you posted and you said "fair enough". Are you CM's wife?

Anyway I don't care much for the double tag tactics but each to their own. The thing that is out of line is accusing another poster of being racist without reasonable evidence. It's just not on. You accepted T-Shirts explanation and apologised.

There is no reason whatsoever that should not be taken at face value.

yeah. your right. I agree entirely with everything youve said. even the wife bit I dont get, I'll accept as correct also.

go tiges

People call it as they see it. Unless you've been on the recieving end of racism it is easy to dismiss it. In this case it is not about the intention. No one has suggested, so far as I can tell, that T-shirt "intended" to be racist. That doesn't really change anything. Casual racism is a problem that is very hard to explain to those in the majority. Like explaining casual sexism to a 75yr old former sales rep. who patted his secretary on the bum for 40 years. Or that faith is gullibility to a lifetime Christian. T-shirts protestations seem genuine to me, and it would seem to TGW. TS seems to see just another case of casual racism as a chance to flush it out and maybe help those who haven't experienced it to see it under the spotlight. That T-shirt ment no offence is accepted on face value, I suspect this is why Rosy's over-arching defence seems out of place to some, me included. No oneuis attacking anyone, or harrasing anyone that I can see. The enemy is casual racism, not other posters or mods.

2c

KnightersRevenge said:
Unless you've been on the recieving end of racism it is easy to dismiss it.

I was the first to call tgw on it. I see racism everyday. I see casual racisim directed at me and my kids everyday. Tommy H's post wasn't that as far as I am concerned. Not even close.

But then again much like Dimma's disections, if someone eants to find a reason to take aoffence at something said, they normally can find a reason

Baloo said:
I was the first to call tgw on it. I see racism everyday. I see casual racisim directed at me and my kids everyday. Tommy H's post wasn't that as far as I am concerned. Not even close.

But then again much like Dimma's disections, if someone eants to find a reason to take aoffence at something said, they normally can find a reason

Sorry to hear that Balooga. I used to cop it a fair bit as a scrawny kid with a funny accent but as the ethnic mix changed being Irish became cool. I still find the stereotyes offensive though. Now living Ireland I find I am correcting Aussie stereotypes. But I still can see TGW and TS's point. Awareness is key.

Baloo said:

That's quite true Baloo. Plenty of accusations of racism in regard to T-Shirt here...nothing to support them though. Seems to me some are quick to put a racist spin on things based on their own prejudices rather than what was actually posted.

calling people who call people racist, racist, is obviously a topic dear to your heart Rosy. And thats OK too.

bumped into TST over in Liam McBean. He seems well. Nice fella.

im a little confused by this thread.
Is Jake King the leader of a race, the guru of a religion or the future PM?

Thanks. I wish I was tracking it. I wouldn't have wasted it on this thread.