Re: Jake King | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Re: Jake King

rosy23 said:
You obviously posted those comments while I was tying my post. Regardless of that I have every right to give my opinion on the playing of the racist card as well.

fair enough. it didnt end well for me when we last tangled on matters of colour.

rosy23 said:
Yep you've got it wrong bigtime gollywog. Nothing racist about it.

I reckon its borderline racist, couldn't be stuffed justifying it, done it over pages and pages on other threads. People say racist stuff they don't necessarily know is racist, ignorance?

Defs not 'big time wrong' anyways.

Blackfellas get houses for free and wreck them, right? Blackfellas want stuff without having to work hard for it, right? whatever

tigersnake said:
I reckon its borderline racist, couldn't be stuffed justifying it, done it over pages and pages on other threads. People say racist stuff they don't necessarily know is racist, ignorance?

Blackfellas get houses for free and wreck them, right? Blackfellas want stuff without having to work hard for it, right? whatever

Wait, what? Borderline racist? How did you come to that conclusion? BTW, I would have made the same joke had Ben Nason, Mitch Farmer, Trent Cotchin or any other player on our list made that comment. The fact that Troy Taylor is indigenous had no bearing on it whatsoever. All of a sudden I've turned into David Duke.

Regarding the last line in your quote, the fact that it is linked to my quote in any way is a disgrace.

I think you can relax TST. Its clear with a feret and a liam mcbean moniker you dont mean nobody no harm. we are all borderline racist anyways.

me and rosy and snake have form.

snake has a phD in racism and is my biological and spiritual brother.

he was delivering a loyal sibling whack to Rosy's 3rd (wo)man up routine.

jesus. I may have to assume a greg combet position.

tigersnake said:

To me it was a clear reference to Troy's comments about wanting a house. Troy didn't refer to race or working hard for things and neither did the comment on here. It would be the same whether the person indicated he wanted a house was black, white or brindle. You can read what you want into it or you can read what was actually said. It's pretty ordinary to accuse another poster on here of racism and ignorance when there is absolutely no evidence of it.

rosy23 said:
To me it was a clear reference to Troy's comments about wanting a house. Troy didn't refer to race or working hard for things and neither did the comment on here. It would be the same whether the person indicated he wanted a house was black, white or brindle. You can read what you want into it or you can read what was actually said. It's pretty ordinary to accuse another poster on here of racism and ignorance when there is absolutely no evidence of it.

It was a casually racist comment. Its not unusual, I let it slide usually, people aren't perfect. My problem was more with that Gollywog called it for what it was, a casually racist comment (you don't think it was and there's nothing I can do about that), and Gollywog is castigated. Like I said, I couldn't be stuffed discussing it, I've attempted to discuss racism before, I've learnt its pointless.

This is the Kingy thread anyway

Wanting a house isn't racist and you chose to throw your unsubstantiated opinions in despite this indeed being the King thread.

tigergollywog said:
very sorry TST. I misunderstood completely. never knew the RFC/taylor house story

Gollywog admitted he got the situation wrong and apologised. It was you who chose to chime in a couple of hours later and keep the discussion going. :blah

rosy23 said:
Wanting a house isn't racist and you chose to throw your unsubstantiated opinions in despite this indeed being the King thread.

Gollywog admitted he got the situation wrong and apologised. It was you who chose to chime in a couple of hours later and keep the discussion going. :blah

Gollywog has probably also missed that every single time any issue relating to a black player someone on PRE chimes in with the 'maybe they should buy him a house' crack and laughs it up.

tigersnake said:
Gollywog has probably also missed that every single time any issue relating to a black player someone on PRE chimes in with the 'maybe they should buy him a house' crack and laughs it up.

I'd say everybody else has probably also missed that because it's simply not true...but don't let facts get in the way of good fabrication.

Im just stoked Kingy has ended up just above the palestine and israel thread, where he belongs.

they should buy the Palestinians some new houses.

rosy23 said:
I'd say everybody else has probably also missed that because it's simply not true...but don't let facts get in the way of good fabrication.

Well it's almost on the mark rosy - I've noticed it too - it's casual racism at its finest

fastin bulbous said:
Well it's almost on the mark rosy - I've noticed it too - it's casual racism at its finest

"Every single time"? Rubbish. Nowhere near the mark and the search function supports that. It would have been risen a tiny percentage of the times issues have been raised in regards to aboriginal players. Regardless of that Gollywog apologised for his misunderstanding of the original comment. Tigersnake is way out of line to accuse another poster of racism and ignorance based on his own prejudices. Was Troy was being racist saying he wanted a house?

rosy23 said:
"Every single time"? Rubbish. Nowhere near the mark and the search function supports that. It would have been risen a tiny percentage of the times issues have been raised in regards to aboriginal players. Regardless of that Gollywog apologised for his misunderstanding of the original comment. Tigersnake is way out of line to accuse another poster of racism and ignorance based on his own prejudices. Was Troy was being racist saying he wanted a house?

Not up for a fist fight rosy just saying I support what snake said and no on Troy being a racist

I'm not up for a fist fight either. You chose to quote me and I responded. If Troy wasn't being racist I struggle to see how T-Shirt Tommy was either. Gollywog apologised for his misunderstanding and comments. All's good. Why his brother chose to chip in hours later and accuse another poster of racism and ignorance is beyond me...actually it isn't really. You can support what tigersnake said all you like but facts are his comment wasn't accurate...nowhere near it.

rosy23 said:
Why his brother chose to chip in hours later and accuse another poster of racism and ignorance is beyond me...actually it isn't really.

so was it beyond you rosy? or not?

please elaborate.

The point I'd like to make is this. Racism isnt like a light switch. Things arent either racist, or theyre not. its more like a stereo volume dial. You can have loud racism at 10. or quiet racism at 1. So language like 'way off the mark' and 'nowhere near it' are not really apt, in this context.

You can be unwittingly racist (low volume) and not even realise it.

That was the point Snake and fb (bless em), were making.

***please note*** I am not suggesting TST is a racist person. my original call was that he may have inadvertantly reiterated a low volume racist notion. All tigersnake and fb, who have a good grasp of the concept, were doing was correcting your ascertion that it was zero on the racism dial.

Baloo just waded in cause he loves Tom Deryxx and I dont.

tigergollywog said:
... I am not suggesting TST is a racist person. my original call was that he may have inadvertantly reiterated a low volume racist notion. ....

Yes and you apologised for that original call and said you misunderstood completely.