Reece Conca - so long and thanks for all the fish | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Reece Conca - so long and thanks for all the fish

theglove3 said:
So Long "Divide And" !

On to more pressing issues.

Who will now step up as President of the first in after a goal Cuddles Committee?
Does this mean they won't have cuddle cam at home games anymore?

Re: Reece Conca - Going, Going,

Tails said:
We get pick 36 as compo which gets us back into the third round which is fantastic although we may have that taken off us due to Lynch it's reported.

Don't think there's any may about it. They could have given us Pick #1,2 and 3 would have been the same result for us.

Good luck back in the West.
Hope Conca finishes his career playing good consistent footy.
Had high hopes for him when he was drafted, but not too disappointed to see him move on.
All part of turning over and freshening up the list.

I'm not a Conca hater. But in the finals of 2018 Reece was batting way too high. We can't win a Preemiership with him change mid and we need more bite than he offers. More loose ball getting and breakaway. And more polish.

Reece is not the answer was clear to the club. Time to develop somebody else in the role. Or recruit them.

He can be useful to Freo while they rebuild post Neale. And I hope he does well.

Despite being injury prone Reece has done alright for us. A needed battler. Good luck to him om the next stage of his career back home and hope he loses his injury jinx

Hope he gets a million plus dollars with the Freo contract. Signing it must’ve been the fastest decision he’s made all year.

Dyer'ere said:
I'm not a Conca hater. But in the finals of 2018 Reece was batting way too high. We can't win a Preemiership with him change mid and we need more bite than he offers. More loose ball getting and breakaway. And more polish.

Reece is not the answer was clear to the club. Time to develop somebody else in the role. Or recruit them.

He can be useful to Freo while they rebuild post Neale. And I hope he does well.

Surely with his tank Rioli will be that player that moves into, or is trialed in, the midfield, could add a different dimension?

123kid said:
Hope he gets a million plus dollars with the Freo contract. Signing it must’ve been the fastest decision he’s made all year.

Would've been an easy one for him i reckon.

Well done & many thanks for 8 years of fine service for the Tiges Reece. You always gave 100% unfortunately injuries restricted your output. But you played over 100 games for us, which most on this site would give their eye teeth for, especially me.

I hope you have a terrific career at Freo, but deep inside I'm sure you'll always be a true Richmond Man.

Haven't read a lot of the pages on him here so don't know what a lot think of him.
Personally saw him as someone who gave 100% and a good team man. Got a lot of the ball. Unfortunately his disposal usually let him down. And injury prone. I wish him all the best at freo and hope he gets the best out of himself. Good luck Reece

caesar said:
Surely with his tank Rioli will be that player that moves into, or is trialed in, the midfield, could add a different dimension?

I reckon Rioli should be played on the wing. Keep him away from too much contact in the middle and use his speed and creativity. Could be anything.

It is all players dream to win a Premiership . Staying at Punt Road for 2019 & beyond Greece could achieve that dream. I do do think Greece weighed up the pros & cons he would not achieve that at Punt Road due to his time in the 22 was up.

Good luck Reece gave everything for our great club as a player, highly respected, great clubman who achieved 100 + plus games. Hoping your move to Fremantle is fruitful!

He certainly gave his all for Richmond but the injuries and below par disposal means I'm not sad to see him go.

Sometimes a change of club can be just the spark to improve on weaknesses. If he gets a lot better I won't be convinced it would have happened without the move.

Good luck Reece, I really do hope he does well . . . just not at our expense.

DS

One of the good guys. Remember him interacting with my kids during running drills at the maroochydore training camp. Wasn't the biggest fan of his game but wish him all the best at freo and thanks for being a tiger

if they knew 18 months ago we were a good chance snagging lynch, why didn't we off load him sooner. The dud Dahulius got Footscray pick 25.
Lennon, Griffens, Ellis x2, Elton all wasted top picks

zippadeee said:
The dud Dahulius got Footscray pick 25.

Hardly a dud. Damn good player in his prime. Well documented that he (and others at Bulldogs) had motivation issues after their premiership. He's only 26yo. I reckon new environment will invigorate him. Good pickup by Geelong.

Dyer'ere said:

I reckon you’re being a bit harsh here, Jack. Conca was coming off a serious ankle injury and his higher credentialed midfield comrades were eviscerated in that prelim final. Having said that, I agree that we should be looking to develop someone else in the role. Hopefully Reece can finally have a change of luck and produce his best. I hoped he would head West with a premiership medal around his neck but it wasn’t to be.

caesar said:

Agree, Caesar. There is no doubt that Rioli should be seriously considered for a change midfield role. Obviously he missed the entire preseason so the club erred on the side of caution and anchored his magnet to the forward line. Titch is 30 now so Rioli could be groomed as a successor. In any case, Rioli needs to develop his game in other positions next year. He has far too much talent to be pigeon holed as a small forward. He’s ready for greater responsibility. Already a star and still has so much upside.