Reece Conca - so long and thanks for all the fish | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Reece Conca - so long and thanks for all the fish

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Tigaman said:
Conca got a mentioned in today's West Australian newspaper as an inspiration to the younger player with his knowledge etc etc.. This is off field so what matters is on field.

He is no good on field so he has to be good at something

Brimmy

Tassie Tiger
Apr 19, 2018
My intent was not to cast aspersions.

I’d heard he was a really nice guy and as such a good Club Man.

I wish him well at Freo,he had a wretched run with injuries over his journey at RFC.

He always seemed to have a crack,as a supporter you can’t ask for more.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Brimmy said:
My intent was not to cast aspersions.

I’d heard he was a really nice guy and as such a good Club Man.

I wish him well at Freo,he had a wretched run with injuries over his journey at RFC.

He always seemed to have a crack,as a supporter you can’t ask for more.

In the latter half of the 2017 season just before he came back from his foot injury I saw him outside the MCG before a game. he was talking to someone on a mobile and a few kids saw him and sheepishly went up to him and waited to ask for an autograph and a photo.

If you were to script how we would like our players to engage with young fans it was what he did. Hung up the phone, joked with the kids, took some selfies and signed autographs. It was very impressive

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
You would have to be a hard arse not to wish Reece the best of luck at Freeo. Never quite delivered on his potential and potentially better off without him, but seemed like a very good clubman. Great moment when he got cheered off last year by tiger supporters and teammates - a collective conca-cuddle.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Last night on fox they showed the Melbourne Anzac eve game.
Rance with 2 minutes remaining kicks the ball directly into a Melbourne player in which gets the ball marching towards goal with garlett about to snare it but Conca comes through gives him a bump thats spins him like a top. The ball gets out to Short who torps it to Roili he kicks it to Gazelle who then kicks it to Caddy who snaps the sealer.
Great bit of play.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
zippadeee said:
Last night on fox they showed the Melbourne Anzac eve game.
Rance with 2 minutes remaining kicks the ball directly into a Melbourne player in which gets the ball marching towards goal with garlett about to snare it but Conca comes through gives him a bump thats spins him like a top. The ball gets out to Short who torps it to Roili he kicks it to Gazelle who then kicks it to Caddy who snaps the sealer.
Great bit of play.

All started by Rance. What a champ!

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
TigerFlag2017 said:
No disrespect to Reece, but Freo must have a dearth of leaders

Good luck to him, he's a top bloke and was very popular at Tigerland. Freo showing him such respect is a credit to us because there was little chance of him being a team leader with RFC.