Reece Conca - so long and thanks for all the fish | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Reece Conca - so long and thanks for all the fish

rombosghost said:
Have we had the compo pick pulled out from under us yet?

Sorry - this may have been answered before but I don't understand.

I'm sure one of the papers reported that we'd get a compo pick for losing Conca - end of second round?
Why are we likely to lose it?

Tenacious said:
Sorry - this may have been answered before but I don't understand.

I'm sure one of the papers reported that we'd get a compo pick for losing Conca - end of second round?
Why are we likely to lose it?

Free Agency works on a net out and net in basis and then final compensation is determined.

Lynch in obviously dwarfs Conca out so we lose pick.

For GC Lynch out Horlen-Smith in: Lynch so far outweighs Horlen-Smith it has no impact on their pick 3 Compo.

caesar said:
Free Agency works on a net out and net in basis and then final compensation is determined.

For GC Lynch out Horlen-Smith in: Lynch so far outweighs Horlen-Smith it has no impact on their pick 3 Compo.

Thanks!

caesar said:

if a club loses 2 players do they get 2 picks? or the value of the 2 players combined?
if we lost another player would Lynch cancel out our Conca compo, and we would get compo for the 2nd player?

Brodders17 said:
if a club loses 2 players do they get 2 picks? or the value of the 2 players combined?
if we lost another player would Lynch cancel out our Conca compo, and we would get compo for the 2nd player?

They will make it up on the spot at the time.

Remember the time when Gary Ablett Jnr cracked it at Gold Coast and insisted that he wanted to go back home to Geelong? The AFL gave Geelong a ridiculously high pick as compensation for losing Steven Motlop to Free Agency. It was pick 19, from memory. Geelong then passed it on to Gold Coast in exchange for Gazza and everyone was happy.

We could lose 12 players to Free Agency and it won't cancel nuthin'. We are not one of the favoured clubs.

TOT70 said:
We could lose 12 players to Free Agency and it won't cancel nuthin'. We are not one of the favoured clubs.

Yep, we gained a 25yo Captain KPF for nothing, and unders financially, so basically the AFL’s secret formula will be crunched by feeling and the feeling towards Richmond this Free Agency period is we’ve been very fortunate.

That feeling could even shadow us next year for any 50/50 decisions between draft picks should anyone leave. That’s how much power the AFL has in adjudicating compensation.

Might be on my pat malone but I'll miss him. As I've been saying for years, strengths underrated and weaknesses overstated. Fully understand why he's gone, not because he's not good enough, but because he's too good to be an on-the-edge-of the 22 player, we're better off punting on a cheaper unknown quantity doing his role all things considered. Its how the cap works. Freo have done well. Meat and potatoes list improver for a bottom side.

Brodders17 said:
You're not alone TS. :grouphug
Yep. Didn't mind Reecey the Concareter, poor bugger has had a shocking run with injuries over his career, so I'm hoping he gets some decent time and form at the Frockers. Just not against us n no more than 99 games. After all the time n effort the club put into his repairs n rehab over the years we should be entitled to first dibs on any apprentice Concareters.

TigerFlag2017 said:
I see Reece is in Thailand with the team

glad to hear that. been a fan of Chestnut so all the best to him. well liked at the club and i bet they're sad to see him go. sure his body went awol at times but a good personality goes a long way. and speaking of his body - the image of the group getting around him this year after the ankle and him fist pumping while toking on the magic green whistle is an image i wont forget. so thanks for that Concareter.

artball said:
glad to hear that. been a fan of Chestnut so all the best to him. well liked at the club and i bet they're sad to see him go. sure his body went awol at times but a good personality goes a long way. and speaking of his body - the image of the group getting around him this year after the ankle and him fist pumping while toking on the magic green whistle is an image i wont forget. so thanks for that Concareter.
Yeah, it is a big statement both about the club and the bloke. I expect most departing players would pack up their locker, maybe have a session at the pub and slink off.

artball said:

Yer, well said. I liked him too. Seldom brilliant but he battled and put his body in. Maybe a disappointing PF but I suspect he did not get enough games in to build his form and confidence upon return from the ankle injury for the heat of that PF.

Freo was on news this week. they mentioned Lobb and Hogan and the new kids but no Conca.
He will always be remembered as very poorly skilled footballer.
He tried hard but was never a top 50 pick let alone 6

Conca got a mentioned in today's West Australian newspaper as an inspiration to the younger player with his knowledge etc etc.. This is off field so what matters is on field.