Retire / Trade / Delist | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Retire / Trade / Delist

I think it’ll be fairly easy to create space for draftees and any trade ins:
Chol, Garth, Naish, Astbury, Houli and I’d see if we could facilitate trades for Caddy and Pickett.

Reactions: 1 user
Here is an extract from the paper today.

More pertinently, there are fears Hardwick’s gameplan also requires a reboot.

The Tigers’ blueprint for success was hardly a secret. Their premiership DNA was to play chaos football.

They would create contests, force turnovers and then score heavily from turnovers.

But former AFL football boss Steve Hocking’s new ‘stand’ rule blunted that trademark style.

Hocking’s man-on-the-mark rule bypassed the AFL Competition Committee and was introduced without being road tested.

Uncontested marks rose as players chipped the ball 15m, or sometimes as little as half that distance, to be paid a mark and freeze out an opponent.

Some at Punt Rd believe it proved diabolical. Hardwick hinted at that last week.

“The dynamics of the game have certainly changed,” he said.

“The chaos ball movement that we’ve enjoyed is not as prevalent in today’s games – it’s more controlled through foot.

“We’ve seen some uncontested marks and the ability of the ball to move a little bit more controlled.

“Obviously the man on the mark and the stand rule has brought about that part of the equation.”

Reactions: 2 users
What we need more than anything else imo is some clearance help. Over the last half of the year we have consistently smashed in clearances, almost always around the ground, sometimes in the middle as well. We aren't getting first use and it is harder to turn the ball over

I think we have a couple of promising clearance mids but we need elite ones to contend in the short term

Reactions: 4 users
What we need more than anything else imo is some clearance help. Over the last half of the year we have consistently smashed in clearances, almost always around the ground, sometimes in the middle as well. We aren't getting first use and it is harder to turn the ball over

I think we have a couple of promising clearance mids but we need elite ones to contend in the short term

agree, we need a couple of best in show pigs

Agree. We have struggled to control territory this year as much as we have in the past, as you say a lot of that is due to the uncontested nature once you have possession so we turn the ball over closer to our D50 instead of further up the field.

We need to win more clearances in order to control territory. We can still play the turnover game but controlling the ball in territory further afield will enable us to win those turnovers closer to goal.

What are your thoughts on Matt Crouch?

Totally agree that first hands on the ball is far more important now. But I reckon if we improve in this area it will come from using Dusty and Shai in the midfield much more than we have so far. I think we use them in the forward line too much. I would like to see Dusty and Shai in the midfield as much as they can physically do in 2022. And not only are they great at getting the ball they are also close to our best at using it. This is critical.

What are your thoughts on Matt Crouch?
I think he is the type of player we need and reportedly he is available but there are two massive issues with him. One is that he hasn’t been on the park in 2021 and the other he will probably cost more in salary than we can afford or like to pay

The Tigers’ blueprint for success was hardly a secret. Their premiership DNA was to play chaos football.

They would create contests, force turnovers and then score heavily from turnovers.

But former AFL football boss Steve Hocking’s new ‘stand’ rule blunted that trademark style.

Hocking’s man-on-the-mark rule bypassed the AFL Competition Committee and was introduced without being road tested.

Uncontested marks rose as players chipped the ball 15m, or sometimes as little as half that distance, to be paid a mark and freeze out an opponent.

Some at Punt Rd believe it proved diabolical. Hardwick hinted at that last week.

“The chaos ball movement that we’ve enjoyed is not as prevalent in today’s games – it’s more controlled through foot.

“We’ve seen some uncontested marks and the ability of the ball to move a little bit more controlled.

“Obviously the man on the mark and the stand rule has brought about that part of the equation.”
Been reasonably obvious since R3.

Totally agree that first hands on the ball is far more important now. But I reckon if we improve in this area it will come from using Dusty and Shai in the midfield much more than we have so far. I think we use them in the forward line too much. I would like to see Dusty and Shai in the midfield as much as they can physically do in 2022. And not only are they great at getting the ball they are also close to our best at using it. This is critical.
Assuming that Dusty will be well enough to play again.
With that serious kidney injury he is surely going to be a bit apprehensive in close contacts in the near future.
Hope not, but it was a serious injury, and apparently takes a long time to get over it.

Hocking the WANKER, just wanted to make sure to destroy the Tigers game plan so Geelong had every possible chance at a premiership. I would rather Port win than the Pussies.

Reactions: 4 users

Totally agree. we have the link players, super backline and a strong forwardline.. we need 2 things (Clearances and develop a smarter way of bring the ball to our forwards (bombing it long will not work, there are too many defenders on our few forwards).

Reactions: 2 users
Supprised if we don't delist Gath , Parker . Choi RFA( probably get 4 rd or knowing how the AFL love us a 5th rd as compo :rolleyes:. Caddy a swap for someone (P.Dow?). Pickett if going west swap for ?