RFC Contracts List | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

RFC Contracts List

thejinx

Go Tiges!
Dec 17, 2003
Melbourne, VIC
willo said:
Contracts List:
As at 4/5/2010

2010: Connors, Cousins, Edwards, King, Graham, Hislop, McMahon, Moore, Polo, Post, Riewoldt, Simmonds, Tambling, Thomson, Tuck, Vickery, White

Certainties to go
Cousins
King
Graham
Hislop
McMahan
Simmonds
Thomson
White

Questionables
Connors (How will he rebound from the suspension)
Edwards (Will he continue to improve?)
Polo (Can he find and solidify a spot in the team? Or will he be kept as a pinch hitter/utility?)
Tambling (What we can get for him, think he'll be up for trade this year)
Tuck (Can he find a spot in the team where he can contribute without being a liability with his disposal?)

Re-sign ASAP
Moore (one of the most stable guys in our backline. Has some issues, but beggars can't be choosers)
Post (too young to discard just yet. Has shown both positive and negative signs for the future)
Riewoldt (self explanatory)
Vickery (showing some good signs, and similar to Post, way too young to discard a big guy at this stage.)

shamekha

Tiger Superstar
Mar 7, 2008
thejinx said:
If he does, I'll personally stand out the front of Punt Road, with a sandwich board, demanding CC's resignation

Cool i'll come and take the photo's :rofl because you will be doing it.

shamekha

Tiger Superstar
Mar 7, 2008
CarnTheTiges said:
Why? He's basically a bigger slower version of King.

No he's not..

If you watch him, his only problem is his kicking if he fixes it he will be a valuable player

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
shamekha said:
No he's not..

If you watch him, his only problem is his kicking if he fixes it he will be a valuable player

Just fix his kicking? I see people say that about players but that sure puts them up agaisnt it, probably like the equivalent of saying if only he could fix his height as it's an ingrained trait. He has a very bad kicking style and ball drop, you've probably seen it. Would need to completely change that to have any chance.

I remember even our very own DH said in an interview awhile ago that once a player gets to a club you can't fix their kicking but you can fix their decision making. So either he's wrong or your wrong.

shamekha

Tiger Superstar
Mar 7, 2008
Its his decision making that affects his kicking.. He rushes a lot. And you can fix a players set shot kicking. Even Fev has changed his.

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
We will see. Personally think he's up against it to fix his deficiencies and stick around. Maybe if he shows something this year he might be saved by others who have to go first but I still don't rate his long-term prospects.

shamekha

Tiger Superstar
Mar 7, 2008
Barnzy said:
We will see. Personally think he's up against it to fix his deficiencies and stick around. Maybe if he shows something this year he might be saved by others who have to go first but I still don't rate his long-term prospects.

Next time you go to a game :hihi watch him and watch how hard he works. He runs hard and gets to contests. He is a strong mark for his size, tackles hard and is physical. Its just his kicking

The reason he stands out i think for his errors is that he is missing goals that he should be kicking and then everyone goes ahhh ooohh bloody Hislop. but aren't looking at the work he is putting in off the ball before he has got to that spot. Maybe he needs to improve his fitness?

But if you had of seen the blisters on his foot on the weekend that he played on well it may be a reason for his kicking.. Maybe

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
shamekha said:
Next time you go to a game :hihi watch him and watch how hard he works. He runs hard and gets to contests. He is a strong mark for his size, tackles hard and is physical. Its just his kicking

I realise how hard he works and the fact he has a physical side to his game but I don't think it makes up for his skill issues, similar to Jackson.

You can run until your hearts content but if you just turn it over when you get it you're a liablity in today's modern game. Just my opinion, agree or disagree...up to you.

shamekha

Tiger Superstar
Mar 7, 2008
Barnzy said:
I realise how hard he works and the fact he has a physical side to his game but I don't think it makes up for his skill issues, similar to Jackson.

You can run until your hearts content but if you just turn it over when you get it you're a liablity in today's modern game. Just my opinion, agree or disagree...up to you.

Also you have to take into account he's only played 20 odd games, he's still a baby.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
shamekha said:
No he's not..

C'mon seriously....Sloppy will surely be one of the 1st to go together with King, Graham, McMuffin, Simmonds, Thomson, Tuck & White :wave :wave

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
shamekha said:
Also you have to take into account he's only played 20 odd games, he's still a baby.

Very true. If you go back to the Tom Hislop thread you will see I was sticking up for him (in a way) because I thought he was being played out of position up forward, wanted to see him in the middle in and under the packs (his natural junior position) before I wrote him off. That happened the other week and nothing really changed with him.

I realise he's young and has only played 20 games but I just think he has too many deficiencies to make it. Hope I'm wrong on this one because I have nothing against the guy and if he improves it only benefits the RFC.

thejinx

Go Tiges!
Dec 17, 2003
Melbourne, VIC
Not only can Hislop not kick, but he's as slow as treacle.

He does try hard, no questions about that. But he's not a player any decent side would have in their 22, or even top 30.

He's in the same mould as Fleming... We've been there, done that.

geoffryprettyboy

Tiger Legend
Apr 8, 2004
btoz_01 said:
C'mon seriously....Sloppy will surely be one of the 1st to go together with King, Graham, McMuffin, Simmonds, Thomson, Tuck & White :wave :wave

Hislop would't be one of the first but would surely be on the bus out of Punt Road.

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
Another positive for Hislop is that he presents himself to the ball. I was astounded in the Carlton game earlier this year how often he was our only forward prepared to run to space to make a lead. Sure his kicking is crap and he's no speedy gonzalas but he's ahead of many players wearing yellow and black ATM. If he can improve his kicking style, as Tigerbob and Shameless have been saying he is doing at Coburg, just maybe he might be at Punt road next year. It's amazing that people on this site can write off a player after 20 games???

rockstar_tiger

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 28, 2009
Every top team has a few good players in it who supporters thought were no good in their first couple of years.

I think Hislop has potential to be one of those players with us.

With fitness, coaching, his speed will stand out (he got sub 3 secs at draft camp) and that leaves only kicking as a flaw that needs work, and if any player in your team isn't going to be the best kick, you want it to either be a tagger, or an enforcer. Factor in he was immature as a teenager (party reputation at Essendon) and while he's far from a certainty, I give him a higher chance than several players who are equally average as him today.

CK

Tiger Rookie
Apr 3, 2009
MalenyTiger said:
Sure his kicking is crap and he's no speedy gonzalas but he's ahead of many players wearing yellow and black ATM.

If a players whose kicking is crap & is no Speedy Gonzales, is ahead of many players wearing the yellow & black, then we are truly stuffed.