Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

How long before both players get a suspension in the one incident, this collision isn’t far off that.

Reactions: 3 users
What gets me is, he is going for the ball, eyes on it until he can contact coming. What are his other options AFL, tell me what?? Just disappear like Jeannie??? How can you be rubbed out for going hard at the ball when the other bloke is doing exactly the same. Pot luck who was going to come off second best here. The game is stuffed with these gooses in charge.
Wait for the time in similar circumstances, one player just pulls up, stops and the opposition player just waltz on past.

Watch that player who stops get crucified by the ‘media”.

You only have to look at one of our “own”, once renowned for opposition players knowing he was in the area, fear of his brutal tackle or bump.

That player is M Pickett.

He is constantly “second guessing himself”. I’m convinced it’s affected his game.

Maybe that’s why the coaches have given him ‘this forward role”. ????

As a wingman he would be in a lot more contests and if he is at more contests, the more chances he will get rubbed out suspended..

Reactions: 1 users
Only choice left for players is to go straight through for a head on collision, don't brace, don't flinch just charge in n pray, if you brace or protect yourself you get *smile* over by the system. Either that or take up tiddly winks.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Still don’t see what Nigel did wrong.

They were both attacking and had eyes on the ball. They saw each other after a collision was inevitable. When they collided no breach of the rules occurred and it was no more likely that one rather than the other would suffer an injury.

It was an accident.

Reactions: 8 users
It’s only because Aish wound up being concussed. If he hadn’t, this wouldn’t even be spoken about again.

This is how ridiculous the AFL have made of this. Both players were going for the ball. Both players only looked to see an opponent at the last split second. Both braced themselves to protect themselves. One player got hurt. Now, imagine if the opposite happened and the player that went down was mansell. Aish would be up fronting the tribunal. It’s a no win situation for players. The AFL is out to get anyone that causes injury regardless of whether it’s accidental or not. Total *smile*
They really are inept at running the league, there should be a clean out when Gill goes.
For a mob who run the biggest contact sport league in the country, they seem very confused when some actual serious contact happens.
Christian has to go, and the league have to sit down and come up with clear guide lines of what is and isn’t allowed, what is and isn’t a football action, and what consequences are when transgressions occur.
I wouldn’t be surprised if players, coaches and clubs are as confused as the supporters right now

They really are inept at running the league, there should be a clean out when Gill goes.
For a mob who run the biggest contact sport league in the country, they seem very confused when some actual serious contact happens.
Christian has to go, and the league have to sit down and come up with clear guide lines of what is and isn’t allowed, what is and isn’t a football action, and what consequences are when transgressions occur.
I wouldn’t be surprised if players, coaches and clubs are as confused as the supporters right now
I get the feeling the clubs are resigned to this as I read several clubs didn’t address last weeks afl memo on tackling/bumping. A bit of a “why bother” attitude.

Have you ever thought, that Christian might feel a bit trapped by the AFL policy, so he's kicking it up to the tribunal so he isn't the one making a call on this stuff?
I don't imagine a guy who played all this years ago, would be super excited about the direction this is taking. He could - if he wanted - manufacture a rating so it's out of his hands.

Have you ever thought, that Christian might feel a bit trapped by the AFL policy, so he's kicking it up to the tribunal so he isn't the one making a call on this stuff?
I don't imagine a guy who played all this years ago, would be super excited about the direction this is taking. He could - if he wanted - manufacture a rating so it's out of his hands.
No, because Christian has a long history of being inconsistent.
How does he clear Bontempelli, but Butler gets a week? Neither of their opponents were concussed, but the high bump is cleared while the tackle is punished?
How is that kicking it to the tribunal?
Surely with his playing experience he can make the call on the Mansell bump and defend his position and say it was a football action and collisions happen in a contact sport.
If he is not happy with direction the AFL is taking, he can always stand down. Otherwise he should do his job consistently without fear or favour.
History shows that he can’t

We got Lynch’s case thrown out earlier this year - could we do it a second time, somehow I doubt it.

They only let Lynch off because they knew he was seriously injured in that game and a suspension wasn't going to really penalise us any further, they have just been waiting for another time to do it ;)

Watching it again it looks like exactly the same action from both players. Both running full tilt at the ball and a side on collision occurs. Just one of them comes off worse for wear. But there’s nothing inherently different about either players attack of the football.

This game is in a real mess now.

And unrelated the Sicily referral to the tribunal is also ridiculous. What is he supposed to do? Not offer a contest? I don’t get it.

Watching it again it looks like exactly the same action from both players. Both running full tilt at the ball and a side on collision occurs. Just one of them comes off worse for wear. But there’s nothing inherently different about either players attack of the football.

This game is in a real mess now.

And unrelated the Sicily referral to the tribunal is also ridiculous. What is he supposed to do? Not offer a contest? I don’t get it.
The Sicily one I can understand. There's contesting and been overly aggressive. They look like they're trying to stamp that out, and it's at least consistent.
But the Butler and Mansell ones....diabolical.

Thought Mansell was trying to protect himself. 2 x players going for the ball, as they should be.

Reactions: 1 users

100%. When you look at Sicily's body and movement, he could not control what happened, is he seriously supposed to not tackle?

I thought it was good, tough play.

100%. When you look at Sicily's body and movement, he could not control what happened, is he seriously supposed to not tackle?

I thought it was good, tough play.
It’s going to get to the stage where contact will be banned players will have 2 ribbons one on either side of their body near their waist hanging off their shorts
Instead of tackling you snatch the ribbon hold it up and ump decides if it’s holding the ball

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Tribunal, as expected. Anything Richmond.

Did I hear right in Freo saying Aish was concussed???