Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Straight to the tribunal with Sicily. Christian can FRO.

He'll probably get 4 after DeGoey got 3
Not even same ball park as DeGoey but you’re probably right.

Edit - just read the report - careless, severe and high. 3+ weeks. How the *smile* was that careless?

Baker also $3k for his elbow. Only good news (as I expected) Graham no case to answer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

taraba

Eat em alive!!!
Jul 27, 2004
Planet Earth
Meanwhile Bontempelli nothing to see… How is it straight to the tribunal? Both running towards the ball in a straight line. What was he supposed to do? Have a head on collision???

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
So that collision was as bad as what De Goey did? Rightttttttttttttttt.

Christian is done at the AFL IMO.

Reactions: 3 users

The Kop

Tiger Cub
Jul 15, 2012
Mooney and Brereton spot on - the rules are making players feel as thought they have no duty of care to protect themselves as the perception is the AFL is trying to stamp out contact and therefore don’t brace yourself for any. Identical to Dangerfield scenario so should get off.

Reactions: 1 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
There is a half second between ball bounding towards Aish rather than Mansell and the collision. He hasn’t ran past the ball and all he can do is brace for impact. Tribunal have to throw that out.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
First Broad and now this… Has any other club been subjected to this level of overreach with the MRO or at the tribunal?
the rot started with Lynch being sent straight to the tribunal for pushing hurley in the chest up in Darwin.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
This is how ridiculous the AFL have made of this. Both players were going for the ball. Both players only looked to see an opponent at the last split second. Both braced themselves to protect themselves. One player got hurt. Now, imagine if the opposite happened and the player that went down was mansell. Aish would be up fronting the tribunal. It’s a no win situation for players. The AFL is out to get anyone that causes injury regardless of whether it’s accidental or not. Total *smile*

Reactions: 8 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Bottompelli gets off & Mansell gets cited. What I'm seeing here is definitely 2 different sets of criteria. The "name" player gets let off & The "no name" player is made "An example of".

The AFL is very strict on these incidents, WHEN IF F'N SUITS THEM

What a rotten bunch of corrupt scumbags they are.

Reactions: 5 users

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
What gets me is, he is going for the ball, eyes on it until he can contact coming. What are his other options AFL, tell me what?? Just disappear like Jeannie??? How can you be rubbed out for going hard at the ball when the other bloke is doing exactly the same. Pot luck who was going to come off second best here. The game is stuffed with these gooses in charge.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Dustintime

Tiger Rookie
Oct 12, 2022
Bottompelli gets off & Mansell gets cited. What I'm seeing here is definitely 2 different sets of criteria. The "name" player gets let off & The "no name" player is made "An example of".

The AFL is very strict on these incidents, WHEN IF F'N SUITS THEM

What a rotten bunch of corrupt scumbags they are.

Called it during the game, commentators were trying there hardest to talk Bonts one down.

Surely Nigel Mansell gets off at the tribunal.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Baker should appeal his fine on account of the staging by the Freeo twit

Mansell? - what else could he do?

Reactions: 2 users