Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
No disrespect to The kid but we use to have quality small forwards.
I know Mansell can kick a goal, but Little Rioli can't, not sure if Clarke will be best 22.
Effort is fantastic but I rather see Mansell 5 goals instead of Mansell 5 tackles
Especially now Lynch is injured we need them to hit the scoreboard more often

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Proving the doubters wrong.

Another Tassie battler making good for the Tiges!

Reactions: 1 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
After a good game it’s back to a battler
Mansell didn’t trouble the scoreboard was very poor today
Needs to be replaced in the side by goal kicking HF

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: 2 users

BiddiscombeSkills

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 2, 2005
Nah. We had zero structure all day, no effective tall forwards bringing the ball to ground, and the ground was a short rectangle. How was the delivery inside 50? How many of our goals were freak miracle goals?

You can’t hang guys like Mansell out to dry on days like today.

Reactions: 11 users

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
Don’t play well today
Deserves to play next week based on last week
Still not sure he is part of our next premiership team

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Mansell is an honest trier and does have some good games but today wasn't one of them. His cameo appearances on and off the ball throughout the game didn't give us much. We need more from our forwards now especially as we have lost our talls

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
He was OK. Solid. Geez he is bloody strong. Couple of times today he just wiggled the hips or the guts and tacklers fell off him.

Thats PRE I suppose, we get done and heaps of people want to sack anyone who isn't a superstar.

Reactions: 8 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Mansell is an honest trier and does have some good games but today wasn't one of them. His cameo appearances on and off the ball throughout the game didn't give us much. We need more from our forwards now especially as we have lost our talls
Problem is though, if you aint got the talls providing an opportunity then the bog average smalls struggle. Shai's a superb and occasionally flaky talent, he doesn't need talls to create opportunities for him, he does it all by himself when his arse is on fire. Most blokes, especially relatively inexperienced ones like Nigel or Liftmykiltup or a Moju can work hard n end up with nothing as often as not. Sometimes while they are learning, they simply need some big bastard to crunch a pack or lay some heat so they get an opportunity to operate.

Reactions: 1 user

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
He was OK. Solid. Geez he is bloody strong. Couple of times today he just wiggled the hips or the guts and tacklers fell off him.

Thats PRE I suppose, we get done and heaps of people want to sack anyone who isn't a superstar.
Has improved enormously.
So many others to worry about. He’s way down the list of concern:

Reactions: 3 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Don’t play well today
Deserves to play next week based on last week
Still not sure he is part of our next premiership team
Probably more likely to be part of Tasmanias first team.

Hard at it but lacks footspeed.

If he had genuine pace, to go with his combativeness and willingness to hit bodies he'd be a real weapon inside forward 50

Last edited:

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Like his hardness and endeavour but to survive as a medium / small fwd you have to either be a prolific goal scorer or have pace and a tank to apply pressure and cover alot of ground high up the ground. Mansell is a bit like Caddy and Townsend in this regard unfortunately. Coulthard, Cumberland, Clarke and even Ralphsmith offer more in this area.

Reactions: 1 user

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
I get the impression he was playing CHF, and working up to the 'wings' as the outlet, given no Balta or Lynch.
Issue being he's 5'11 not 6'4, and there were no wings to work up to,
He is tough, and surprisingly good over head though, and his foot skills aren't the worst.

Reactions: 1 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Once again failed to kick a goal That’s 2 games in a row
Has played in 5 games this year has failed to kick a goal in 3 of them
Forwards are meant to kick goals Mansell is not a forward and shouldnt be played there