Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhyan Mansell welcome to Tigerland

Not sure why everyone is upset that we are re-signing our equal 4th leading goalkicker for the season.
4th leading goal kicker that kicked only 1 goal in 4 games
He’s the 4th leading goal kicker because we got so many injuries and he’s been gifted games ahead of others

Reactions: 1 users
If this is the direction of the new regime at Tigers I'm very concerned what they will do with our draft picks. Mansell is as good as Tim Fleming.

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
He'd be on minimum chips n beer money so it's pointless getting all upset n antsy over a nuts n bolts player.

He’s a back pocket player for me and not a forward. He would be great on small forwards doing a lock down role.

4th leading goal kicker that kicked only 1 goal in 4 games
He’s the 4th leading goal kicker because we got so many injuries and he’s been gifted games ahead of others

Players don't get gifted games. They earn them. Just like contract extensions.

Reactions: 7 users
Players don't get gifted games. They earn them. Just like contract extensions.

3 coaches have had him in their team, so he must be doing what they want him to. Doesn't matter what some posters think, the club is obviously happy with him. They'd have played someone else if they weren't.
Get over it & move on.

Reactions: 9 users
3 coaches have had him in their team, so he must be doing what they want him to. Doesn't matter what some posters think, the club is obviously happy with him. They'd have played someone else if they weren't.
Get over it & move on.
It’s a bit of an indication of how poor our list currently is when a player as limited as Mansell is a walk up start.

Reactions: 5 users
Mansell played 3 games in the VFL in 2023. He kicked 6 goals, had 54 disposals and 21 tackles.
Cumberland has played 5 games in the VFL in 2023. he has kicked 4 goals, had 55 disposal and 18 tackles.

How many games has Mansell played this year in the VFL? Sorry what, none, He did SFA in the preseason but waltzed into the senior side like he's some damaging small forward.

AFL
2022 Cumberland kicked 19 goals in 9 games to Mansell with 2 games ZERO goals
2023 Cumberland in 9 games kicked 8 goals and Mansell in 17 games kicked 10 goals
2024 Cumberland 1 game (full) 2 goals and Mansell 9 games for a lowly 6 goals

Mansell 28 games in seasons 2022/23/24 = 16 goals
Cumberland 19 games in seasons 2022/23/24 = 29 goals

What are you trying to argue here?

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
He'd be on minimum chips n beer money so it's pointless getting all upset n antsy over a nuts n bolts player.
He is at the moment as he's rookie listed. When the next contract takes effect as of next season he won't as he will have served 5 years as a rookie listed player. If the club wanted to keep him on an absolute minimum salary they would potentially have to delist him and then re rookie him assuming no one would draft him prior which is highly unlikely.

He’s a back pocket player for me and not a forward. He would be great on small forwards doing a lock down role.

You are right he isn't a forward., has no forward craft. But for the backline whose spot is he going to take?

Last edited:
You are right he isn't a forward., has no forward craft. But for the backline whose spot is he going to take?
Baker’s when he sadly leaves us . I think he will actually play the role well in the backline and would surprise a few Tigers. With all of our injuries Yze is looking at the list, but I believe he’s got a lot of players in the wrong spots atm. I’m a Balta in the Backline man and Mansell should be there as well. As you say he has no forward craft and opponents exploit him bc he struggles on the rebound and transition play. He’s an honest player and tackles hard as well as adds physical pressure, but defensively he’s better as he sees the play coming at him when he’s defending and can man up better. He’s not a fleet footed 360 degrees footballer which small forwards need to be. He’s a hard tackle and play stopper for me.

Reactions: 2 users
It’s a bit of an indication of how poor our list currently is when a player as limited as Mansell is a walk up start.
Geez. Old fart can remember the days when we used to say the same things about Houlihoop n Grigga n Tross etc.

Reactions: 1 user