Rhys Mathieson ... Daft prospect | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Rhys Mathieson ... Daft prospect

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
BrisTiger24 said:
Wow, just saw it. Has leader written all over him. His speech for a debutante was crazy.

Doesn't he? If we keep our second round pick last year, he's the one for me. It's off the cuff, natural, passionate and on point. Loved it.

Shoot, I would've been ok with him at 15. Happy with Dan's progression but another clearance midfielder would've filled our other glaring need, midfield depth. But small forward was just as glaring.

I'm barracking for this kid.

mtench

Tiger Champion
May 9, 2007
WINCHELSEA
Yep he was one I was hopeing we'd take a punt on , tough inside mid. Bit of a knock on his attitude apparently why he slid oh and he was from the Falcons so we were no chance of picking him up.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
SCOOP said:
Doesn't he? If we keep our second round pick last year, he's the one for me. It's off the cuff, natural, passionate and on point. Loved it.

Shoot, I would've been ok with him at 15. Happy with Dan's progression but another clearance midfielder would've filled our other glaring need, midfield depth. But small forward was just as glaring.

I'm barracking for this kid.

Dan has midfielder written all over him. And he'll small forward too when he needs a spell

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
tigersnake said:
Dan has midfielder written all over him. And he'll small forward too when he needs a spell

Yeah not convinced yet Snakey on the midfield thing.

But really happy with the small forward part.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
will be a good addition to my Supercoach side in two weeks'

Hopper looks like a beast as well.

Ferking GWS! Those mofos are set for quality midfielders for the next decade

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
evo said:
will be a good addition to my Supercoach side in two weeks'

Hopper looks like a beast as well.

*smile*ing GWS! Those mofos are set for quality midfielders for the next decade

One of the great debuts, contested possession beast. Lock in Hopper next week, Mathieson the week after.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Already had a broken cheekbone by keeping his eye on the ball and his contest here first of is super brave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0DwaeIWP6E

The rest are very Joel Selwood like. But geez I like this kid. Think I'd prefer him for a decade than Yarran for three.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
SCOOP said:
Already had a broken cheekbone by keeping his eye on the ball and his contest here first of is super brave.

The rest are very Joel Selwood like. But geez I like this kid. Think I'd prefer him for a decade than Yarran for three.

Can't see Yaz playing for 3 decades

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
SCOOP said:

He won't last a decade if he keeps leading with his head! (Would get a game for the Dogs though)

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Just got some more info on this lad, comes from a pretty unorthodox family life.

Has done really well to get himself to the top tier, self made footballer who picked this life.

Could've easily gone the other way into the darkness.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
My boy, at it again. Loved it with Selwood. Zero fear.

9 clearances yesterday. Gunna be a legit player.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yep took it up to duck selwood. Shows more balls than alot of our guys.

Scoop you need to send thriugh your cv to the club.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Harry said:
Yep took it up to duck selwood. Shows more balls than alot of our guys.

Scoop you need to send thriugh your cv to the club.

CV? Not sure I've got a CV for the job. I watch junior footy and give viewpoints on here. That's my skill set.

Happy to write reports for the club and help out at no cost.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
SCOOP said:
CV? Not sure I've got a CV for the job. I watch junior footy and give viewpoints on here. That's my skill set.

Compile a list of all your hits. The evidence is here for all to see. Its easy to say I would have taken x instead of y, but you have it here on record before the drafts. How else are you to compile a cv? You have to start somewhere and you obviously have the passion and kniwledge.

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
SCOOP said:

scoop

Don't underestimate using the web for getting a job in the AFL recruiting industry.

Weaver ala Damian Streets, now works for the pies, he used his online player profiles as evidence of his knowledge in predicting gun footballers.

Send it in bro, your record is not bad at all.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
I thought weaver was a tiger supporter. Could be wrong.

There was another dude who got a job elsewhere. Forget his name .

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Just on this does any one know how the club reviews our recruiters? Or how the industry as a whole does this? Do they do a thorough review of who recommended which players at what pick. Do they compile a retrospective draft of each recruiters preferred picks? Or are all wins and losses against Frank. How do we know who are the good scouts that should be retained and which ones should be turned over?