Richmond 2017 AFL Premiers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond 2017 AFL Premiers

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Five years ago today.

I still well up when I think, talk or watch the match. Best day of my life.

Reactions: 15 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Awesome day and very emotional as you say Baloo.

I drag out the whole final series to watch from time to time when I am feeling like I need a lift!!

Reactions: 8 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
One has not watched that Grand Final enough times until one can recite each goal kicker in order. One also needs to watch it enough times to be able to identify at least two PREenders in the crowd scenes.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Awesome day and very emotional as you say Baloo.

I drag out the whole final series to watch from time to time when I am feeling like I need a lift!!
Watching Cotch's goal in the Quali final still make the hair on the back of my neck stand up, the spin, left foot snap.........................and the *smile* didn't even replay it afterward!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
I rolled out the highlights to 2020 last night................................because I can.
Would love to see Dusty play again with that smile on his face.

Reactions: 2 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
One has not watched that Grand Final enough times until one can recite each goal kicker in order. One also needs to watch it enough times to be able to identify at least two PREenders in the crowd scenes.
Watching Cotch's goal in the Quali final still make the hair on the back of my neck stand up, the spin, left foot snap.........................and the *smile* didn't even replay it afterward!!!

My Alzheimer's flared up in a bad way on Saturday night.
I decided to watch the second half of the 2019 Prelim - and as we broke away in the last quarter - I was trying to remember at what stage Cotchy was gonna kick "that" goal. Duh!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I have to say, I just thought of 2017 when I saw this.

We are on holidays, currently in Naples.

Naples won Serie A for the first time in 33 years in the last season, 2022/23. They haven't won since 1990 when Maradonna played for them, his image is everywhere around here.

But the amount of Napoli FC on the front of apartments, in the streets etc is astounding.

We're staying in an old part of Naples and the street looks like this:

Napoli Campions.jpg

I think we now just how they feel right now.

Geez, the scale of their merch sales would dwarf anything the AFL can do, shops everywhere just full of stuff and heaps of people wearing Napoli FC shirts.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 11 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

Naples won Serie A for the first time in 33 years in the last season, 2022/23. They haven't won since 1990 when Maradonna played for them, his image is everywhere around here.

But the amount of Napoli FC on the front of apartments, in the streets etc is astounding.

View attachment 20394

Geez, the scale of their merch sales would dwarf anything the AFL can do, shops everywhere just full of stuff and heaps of people wearing Napoli FC shirts.

DS
Thanks for that, having been to Italy, they sure are passionate about their football.

Safe travels.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
It’s my favourite ending to a movie so I always fast forward to the end “ number ,9 the Captain, Trent Cotchin”

Very hard to miss Pre’s finest dancer and Pre’s George Clooney dobblegagger.

Best month of my life , from getting the monkey off the back against Geelong, then 95k Tigers rolling the Giants and then that build up to 5:13 September 30

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013

View attachment 20394

DS
Naples is very cool. Get a pizza at Sorbillo on Via dei Tribunali and visit the archeological museum it's awesome ..

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Naples is very cool. Get a pizza at Sorbillo on Via dei Tribunali and visit the archeological museum it's awesome ..
David's a Tiger, he shouldn't be going anywhere near the Tribunali. The poor bloke would probably get 3 weeks just for turning up n an extra 1 for the Tiger tax.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

View attachment 20394

DS
David, very envious of you right now.

Great photo there.

Brings back the emotions, the feelings of finally, proud, people’s faces, the scenes around Punt Road, Richmond, Bridge Road and so on.

2017. Wow. Pure joy.

Enjoy your time away and post more pics.

Take care.

Waiting
————

*visiting Italy myself next year too. Along with other countries**

Waiting’s 6 Month Tour

Reactions: 4 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

View attachment 20394

DS
Only been briefly in Napoli on my way down to the Amalfi coast. Has a mixed reputation

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Good to bump this every now and again. Just read the first couple of pages
Yep. This thread is my goto when I need reset/refocus/recalibrate. After reading the first few pages I'm ready to take on the world.

(and I just fixed the picture in the first post)

Also fixed the link to what for me is the probably the best piece of video from the match. Makes me cry every time.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
How awesome was that?

This is no Western Bulldogs fairytale *smile*. Don't let anyone ever tell you this was a fairy tale. It was anything but.

This is the SECOND COMING OF THE EMPIRE OF EVIL.

Every other team in the AFL needs to be worried. The Mighty Tiger Army now has the team that it deserves again.
Called it!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Yep. This thread is my goto when I need reset/refocus/recalibrate. After reading the first few pages I'm ready to take on the world.

(and I just fixed the picture in the first post)

Also fixed the link to what for me is the probably the best piece of video from the match. Makes me cry every time.

First time I saw this. Hope Rexy Baby is OK nowadays.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users