Richmond 2017 AFL Premiers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond 2017 AFL Premiers

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Six years ago today our lives changed foreever and for the better. Remembering what we did on 30th Sept 2017 still makes me cry.

Reactions: 11 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
remembering the day after the wonderful 2017 grand final win and listening to SEN. There was a 40 year old crying on the radio, saying his dad made him follow Richmond, after years of nil result, yesterday win was one of a few great highlights. Winning it meant so much.
Go Tigers, let's return to the top very soon and stay there.

Reactions: 6 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
From a football perspective this was the best day of my life, the following 6 months was pure bliss and I had no idea of what was brewing for the next few years.

• Love
Reactions: 16 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Watched this game many times.
3rd Q was one of the best Q I’ve ever seen.
As Bruce would say it was … delicious .

Reactions: 4 users

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Hands up who shed a tear when the camera panned to Richo on the bench?

Reactions: 17 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
What a day it was. A dream

Everything that had happened before over the previous 35 years or so disappeared for an afternoon.

I had almost given up at the end of 2016 but in hindsight that year was part of what made 2017 so wonderful.

I don’t mind admitting that I cried in the last quarter, when Prestia kicked his goal. The emotion just overtook me

Reactions: 5 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I have stories and I will eventually share them with you but right now there is only one ending to a story that matters... We won the flag
What stories Bin? Statue of limitations is gone.

Goes for everyone, what a day it was. Let’s relive the start of the dynasty.

Reactions: 1 user

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
My favourite quarter of football ever.
I downloaded the various radio commentaries of the 2017 GF and still love listening to them. Gerald Whately's commentary of the third quarter on ABC was brilliant, Mick Malthouse's special comments on SEN for the whole game were spot on, and listening to the 5AA boys trying to work out why they were getting pumped is so satisfying.

• Love

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I downloaded the various radio commentaries of the 2017 GF and still love listening to them. Gerald Whately's commentary of the third quarter on ABC was brilliant, Mick Malthouse's special comments on SEN for the whole game were spot on, and listening to the 5AA boys trying to work out why they were getting pumped is so satisfying.
I did the same. The thing I remember about malthouse was that at quarter time he was the one saying the game was on Richmond's terms and the Coaches would be very happy. The other numpties were looking at the scoreboard

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Mick Malhouse was on the money. He called us being in control of the game even when we were behind.