Richmond Membership Tally 2018 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Membership Tally 2018

So at 54k last year, after the 2016 season and minimal good news, membership jumped 16k by round 1.

At 70k aim would be 90 minimum and ideally to go stratospheric.

Been trying to purchase a reserved seat membership for a couple of family members over a month now, have had no reply from the club to any of my emails.

tigerdell said:
So at 54k last year, after the 2016 season and minimal good news, membership jumped 16k by round 1.

At 70k aim would be 90 minimum and ideally to go stratospheric.
Not quite Dell.

We hit 70k on 16 June 2017.
We hit the same mark in season 2016 by round 1.

With reports of reserved seating membership being sold out, it will be interesting to see how far we will go past our previous record.

rokkafella said:
Been trying to purchase a reserved seat membership for a couple of family members over a month now, have had no reply from the club to any of my emails.
Great. I sent one a week ago now relating to waiting on an order from Oct.
So probably wise not to hold my breath then?

rokkafella said:

as stated in another thread, I received a call late last week regarding my seating allocation. the seats I was offered was 3 bays over from my requested bay. I had no other choice because there were only single seats left.

Membership website says we're targeting 90,000 members.

As at 05/02/2018

18,526 memberships to go. We've gone for the ambitious level rather than 85,000.

martyshire said:
I reckon we'll land somewhere in between the two; 85 and 90.

If we get 85, I think we'll get 90. They'll ramp right up with advertising if the target gets within reach.

Tigertool said:
If we get 85, I think we'll get 90. They'll ramp right up with advertising if the target gets within reach.
I don't know. I reckon you can only get a certain number of sign ups that way. Otherwise clubs would bombard us non-stop.

Reckon the bulk of remaining sign ups will be from people that always sign up between Feb and April. The question in my mind is, how many of them are yet to sign up. Hopefully heaps!

On a related note, I reckon the first MCG-based club to each a level where they have to cap season ticket holders will lock in their financial stability forever. "Fear of Missing Out" is a powerful force in Australia.

martyshire said:
I don't know. I reckon you can only get a certain number of sign ups that way. Otherwise clubs would bombard us non-stop.

Reckon the bulk of remaining sign ups will be from people that always sign up between Feb and April. The question in my mind is, how many of them are yet to sign up. Hopefully heaps!

I think the Dogs got a 20.5% membership bump in 2017 after finishing 9th. 20% on our official 2017 figure which was like 72,500 gets us around 87,000. Maybe that is a best case scenario, but considering how much bigger we are than the Dogs we could probably find that 3,000 extra members somewhere especially if we have a good start to the season again, which Footscray didn't really have.

I've twisted my brother's arm today to sign up so only 18,525 memberships to go.

martyshire said:
On a related note, I reckon the first MCG-based club to each a level where they have to cap season ticket holders will lock in their financial stability forever. "Fear of Missing Out" is a powerful force in Australia.

Do they Eagles have a wait list for game memberships? Maybe not now with the big stadium.

Geez, how good would it be if we had that with despite our home ground seating 100k. ;D

Tigertool said:
Geez, how good would it be if we had that with despite our home ground seating 100k. ;D
;)

Tigermad2005 said:
Take out the MCC and AFL members and the ground is not that big.
True, but you've got to take out those in the membership tally with AFL and MCC memberships. Maybe 10k each? :headscratch

In any case you're right. Maybe not that far away. I reckon we'll gradually see the GA sections shrink as more people get reserved seating. That's when FOMO will kick in.

Imagine a case where opposition supporters are fighting over the remaining GA tickets because they want a chance to see Dusty play live at some point in their life 8-

martyshire said:
Imagine a case where opposition supporters are fighting over the remaining GA tickets because they want a chance to see Dusty play live at some point in their life 8-

Looking forward to me memes: "one does not simply walk into the MCG on a Richmond home game and expect a seat"

Tigermad2005 said:
Take out the MCC and AFL members and the ground is not that big.

that's a valid point. If the club has ran out of reserved seat memberships, will it have a detrimental affect on membership numbers? People might be put off getting GA as that membership category is "subject to capacity."

Ian4 said:
that's a valid point. If the club has ran out of reserved seat memberships, will it have a detrimental affect on membership numbers? People might be put off getting GA as that membership category is "subject to capacity."
Hopefully not. They will just have to be organised for the sell-out games and buy a reserved seat (if they want a seat). Usually that only happens about once per year - although it's possible it could happen 2 or 3 times this year (e.g. pies in Round 19 if both teams are in finals contention)