Richmond Membership Tally 2018 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Membership Tally 2018

Tigertool said:
As at 07/02/2018
72,541 (+731)

we must have at least 75000 already, there must be a backlog and releasing numbers when see fit? Jumped 731 in one day, that may be hard to do, how many people do we have on the phones?

No 4 said:
we must have at least 75000 already, there must be a backlog and releasing numbers when see fit? Jumped 731 in one day, that may be hard to do, how many people do we have on the phones?

I don't think we updated until like 4pm this afternoon, so maybe there won't be an update tomorrow?

AstuteTiger said:
As of 23/12/17
Members: 70.184

Terrific result at this time of year, 70K+ thank you very much Tiger Army :clap

As of 07/02/18
Members: 72,541

This week alone has seen in excess of 1,000 sold, I sometimes think we have more than we let out and stagger the numbers as all of a sudden it’s junped a lot.
The 4 that I said I would sign up/Renew last month I didn’t do but 100% all will be done by this weekend, so there’s another 4 to add to the tally...

another 595 members

tally at 73156 09/02/18

first short term target 75000 need 1844 and counting by the end of next week we will have 75000

No 4 said:
another 595 members

tally at 73156 09/02/18

first short term target 75000 need 1844 and counting by the end of next week we will have 75000

75,000 should be hit next friday i would say

turk-d-tiger said:
75,000 should be hit next friday i would say
Turk,
my belief is that 75000 is already there, however, the club may not want to give this high total too early (maybe for marketing reasons). That six week break I would say that a large number of people renewed (when I called (Jan) for an additional seat in a restrictive area, I was put on the waiting list as they were still confirming existing members position), new members (more of this) and from that time, its been catch up. Well I hope I'm right.

Our short term target may be 80,000 by mid March with a further 5000 to 85000 (min) to 10000 to 90000 (max) by May.

No 4 said:
Turk,
my belief is that 75000 is already there, however, the club may not want to give this high total too early (maybe for marketing reasons). That six week break I would say that a large number of people renewed (when I called (Jan) for an additional seat in a restrictive area, I was put on the waiting list as they were still confirming existing members position), new members (more of this) and from that time, its been catch up. Well I hope I'm right.

Our short term target may be 80,000 by mid March with a further 5000 to 85000 (min) to 10000 to 90000 (max) by May.

Hope you are right but im thinking we have 6 weeks to go until season starts and we should get 10,000 more taking us to 83,000

We would need to have a very very good start to the year to get to 90,000 which would be an amazing outcome and doubt any other club would be able to get there apart from the tigers for the next 3 years until Bombers and Pies start to improve and become a serious threat.

I really hope that the extra membership numbers are reflected in the profit at the end of the year, Expecting a massive profit at the end of 2018 that will really set the club up financially for future years - We need to make hay whilst the sun is shining and never ever see the cans being rattled again

There is a chance that we won't get that much more than we already have. We're not, for the most part, bandwagoners so there may not be a large untapped membership market.

The early surge could be existing members signing up early to snag as many GF Guarantee, or Reserved seating for fear that those categories will run out superfast.

It would be good if the club will publish stats along %previous year members, %lapsed members, % new members. That would give us a better picture what we can expect.

Baloo said:
There is a chance that we won't get that much more than we already have. We're not, for the most part, bandwagoners so there may not be a large untapped membership market.

The early surge could be existing members signing up early to snag as many GF Guarantee, or Reserved seating for fear that those categories will run out superfast.

It would be good if the club will publish stats along %previous year members, %lapsed members, % new members. That would give us a better picture what we can expect.
Richmond could do this as we have a consistent base, but clubs like collingwood or hawthorn they are scare of publishing figures

Baloo said:

Understand what you're saying Baloo but I'm just hoping we convert all those celebrating in Swan Street after the win, who weren't members.
Hopefully they want to claim to be a member even if they don't go to matches.
Could be the next focus of the membership department - "join the hunting party".
I'll take any money at all, bandwagoners or no.

Compared to
February 13 2017

Compared to
February 12 2016

The Club have set the target at 90k - The Hunt Is On.

AstuteTiger said:
As of 07/02/18
Members: 72,541

As of 13/02/18
Members: 74,122

Very good jump from last week, keep up this pace of 1500-2000 member sign ups a week and we’ll surpass 80K by round 1, with an overall target reach expected to be around 85-90K
That would be phenomenal
:clap

I think they’ll hold the numbers back and announce 75k on monday for the fresh news cycle.