Richmond Premiership Circle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Premiership Circle

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Just chose Option 1 - i looked at a reserved seat in the Olympic but had to break a 23 year in a row habit in this area. Just hope that I dont have an tickets exhausted issues when I book my seats between N1 and N6 in 2019 onwards. GF grantee is still part of the package too.

Just wondering will N1 - N6 in 2019 be available to both Premiership Circle members (wh choose option 1) and RFC members who want reserve seating ? if thats the case I hope some logic prevails that allows members for these sections first crack online.

We are not going top stop this chance so just need to embrace it is what its is.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Ian4 said:
wouldn't be the worst idea to have discounts for long term members. eg. 10% for gold members. 25% for platinum, and so on. people like us who suffered through the sh!t years well and truly deserve that recognition.

I have been a member for 28 years and certainly don't feel a sense of entitlement or expect a discount, it is a privilege to be a paid up member of the Richmond Football Club.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
caesar said:
I have been a member for 28 years and certainly don't feel a sense of entitlement or expect a discount, it is a privilege to be a paid up member of the Richmond Football Club.

:clap

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Agree, a discount wasn't what I was after. Perhaps a membership tier for those still wanting reserved seats that becomes available after 10 or 15 years of continous membership.

Don't know, but hopefully the long term faithful don't get too disillusioned. There is a slight chance that in the next 20 years we drop out of the 8.

Tiger6593

Tiger Cub
Apr 18, 2014
By removing reserved seating in Bays N1-N5 and allowing Premiership Circle members to sit anywhere in those bays will create
problems. The club will charge $50 per guest pass when you purchase through ticketek. If 10% of members bring a guest or more,
the seating allocation will surpass what is already supposed to be an exhausted area. If you turn up close to the start time, you may miss out on seat. What happens when you sit in a group of 5 and you cant sit together again, unless you arrive 2 hrs before game time. What if some members bring guests from the opposing team, and they a scattered within our sitting area. I spoke to the club yesterday and they told me that most members will try and sit in their existing seats, as they have done in the Ponsford stand this year. Guest passes will apparently be capped for some games and made not available for big blockbuster games in 2019.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
caesar said:
I have been a member for 28 years and certainly don't feel a sense of entitlement or expect a discount

I'm 23 years and I do. you're a platinum member and you deserve better.

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
But I'm having a whinge? Spare me.

This topic of conversation consumed level 2 tonight.

There were save our seat banners, petitions and some pretty furious members.

There were some RFC staff their to pay lip service to any questions.

Our group has over 125 years of consecutive memberships. We pay PC for the reserved seat and Grand Final guarantee.

I don't agree a roaming section is the way of the future, members should always have priority over any guests.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
They introduced the reserved area, rather than reserved seats, for the Premiership circle in the Ponsford stand this year. at first i was annoyed, but it has worked pretty well. most weeks they are plenty of seats.
i hope we dont get hit with any steep price rises.

caesar said:

while that is a great attitude to have, i understand people will get frustrated when they start getting less bang for their buck because of our success. the club does need to be a little careful not to lose those who have been long term members in favour of those jumping on board with our success.
we dont want to see a big drop in numbers if/when we stop winning games.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
I’m big on loyalty and always think long serving members should be looked after as best they can, however I didn’t become a member for a free hat or 10% of at subway, I choose to join to do what I can to help OUR club , not MY club to become better, everything else is a bonus.

There is no possible way a football club with 100,000 members can keep everybody happy, especially with so many self absorbed people in the modern world.

Many will disagree , however knowing I did my very small part to be part of our drought breaking Premiership is dead set priceless to me and even though like many I’ve put in thousands over the years I still feel like I’ve short changed the RFC for what they were able to give all of us last year.

What did Uncle Sam say “ it’s not what your country can do for you it’s what you can do for your country”

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Mr Brightside said:
I’m big on loyalty and always think long serving members should be looked after as best they can, however I didn’t become a member for a free hat or 10% of at subway, I choose to join to do what I can to help OUR club , not MY club to become better, everything else is a bonus.

There is no possible way a football club with 100,000 members can keep everybody happy, especially with so many self absorbed people in the modern world.

Many will disagree , however knowing I did my very small part to be part of our drought breaking membership is dead set priceless to me and even though like many I’ve put in thousands over the years I still feel like I’ve short changed the RFC for what they were able to give all of us last year.

What did Uncle Sam say “ it’s not what your country can do for you it’s what you can do for your country”

Agree with this.

Club needs to sell this better.
Perhaps the club can use the extra revenue for a second social club and improved facilities at Punt Road.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Mr Brightside said:

Many will disagree , however knowing I did my very small part to be part of our drought breaking Premiership is dead set priceless to me and even though like many I’ve put in thousands over the years I still feel like I’ve short changed the RFC for what they were able to give all of us last year.

:clap

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Mr Brightside said:

And so say all most of us. Well said.

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Re: Richmond Premiership Circle / 3121 / Southern Stand Reserved Seating

Please don't shoot the messenger, some observations/findings in the lead up to the Forum tomorrow night.

For the avoidance of doubt I am a 5 Premiership Circle (Southern Stand) Reserved Seat holder and previous to this 3121 and previously Titus.

Essentially what I have learned.

- RFC Executives gain 1.5 or 2 bays in the traditional 3121 Bays. Not known yet if one of the rooms that 3121 uses will also be lost with this.
- 3121 lose these bays but pick up additional in the Southern Stand PC (Premiership Circle Area)
- PC lose reserve seating bays to 3121 as identified up to 55% don't attend match days. PC Southern Stand becomes 'General Seating' with one bay available N6 for PC members to purchase reserved seats.
- PC members offered a reserved seat in the Olympic Stand which may have a flow on effect.

Specific Questions asked as part of group feedback from PC to RFC

1. 3121 are losing 2 bays at the end to fulfill a new Richmond Executive Area, but are picking up bays the other way - which impacts the Southern Stand Premiership Circle

Response : Richmond memberships are as you know greater than ever expected, new memberships that incorporate the level 2 atmosphere have been identified through the membership survey.

2. So are 3121 losing bays?

Response : Yes

3. And Premiership Circle?

Response : Yes, Southern Stand, but will still have a general reserved area like 3121.

4. Can you detail the bays that are being lost?

Response : The last 2 in 3121 and all in PC aside from N6, as will become general area from one that will be sold each week as reserved seating. The bays that 3121 pick up will have to find out for you.

5. Speaking of the survey, I was told that this was based on both 2016 and 2017 season feedback - which is weird given the differences in on field performance and member numbers.

Response : A number of surveys were conducted, I will need to check with another team.

6. So by making Premiership Circle a general area, it essentially becomes 3121 (without the additional rooms to purchase food and social club benefits) speaking of, will the 3121 rooms change to accommodate the Executives

Response : It will be a Richmond area on level 2, not sure about the changes to the rooms 3121 will have. Your membership will still have access to the medalist bar. There are other differences in the memberships like away game access.

7. Can you confirm both Premiership Circle (Southern Stand) and 3121 are at Capacity - i.e each ticket for the areas (reserved for PC and general for 3121)

Response : Yes with a long waiting list for new members

8. So if fully at capacity and I can't see the MCG building more seats how does it work if all paid up members turn up

Response : We base on the attendance rates. 55% of members don't attend.

9. But if they all turn up - then what

Nil Response

10. So if everyone actually turns up, you may not be able to get a seat or do you have a number of additional seats that are not actually sold (i.e Guest Passes)

Response : Would have to check.

11. What is the club going to do with the increasing number of membership passbacks - given now we wont have the right to ask people to move from our seats as easily identified by our reserved seat. I.e I can now grab 10 membership tickets from friends in the area and then bring 10 non PC members to the level and deny other members a seat if I wanted to.

Response : I take your point. We'd hope this doesnt happen

Me : It happens every week.

12. How can you offer me a reserved seat in the Olympic Stand if all reserved seating is sold? Does this mean it is a flow on affect and bays are lost by all types because of the RFC Executives, is this only based on feedback that PRemiership Circle Members still may want a reserved seat and this area has been allocated?

Response : Will need to check

13. In regards to pricing, how can premiership circle stay the same cost when we actually lose a reserve seat and the ability to resell the tickets back to the club should we not be able to attend and if we want an actual seat you offer in Olympic Stand for an additional cost?

Response : I'll need to follow up

For me, the game Friday night was completely overshadowed by the pending membership changes. Petitions were circulating, members holding Save our Seats signs, extreme disappointment from long term supporters of the club.

My specific emails to Brendon Gale remain unanswered, should I get a response, will post it here.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Seems a bit hasty. The days of sub-10,000 crowds at the MCG weren't that long ago. The wheel will turn again and it makes sense for the club to look after its faithful members, or at least not to screw them over for blow-ins.

joegarra

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 27, 2013
Werribee South
Blame me for the petition. Club asked if I stood there and asked people to sign. I replied, not at all, they almost grabbed the clipboards from me and I left and returned at 3/4 time. The anger and disappointment was palpable. Inner sanctum copped it today, losing their half time food and tickets to JDM. Club seems to forget where we were not that long ago.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Mr Brightside said:

Well said Mr B. I'm not sure there are easy answers when your membership numbers increase by 25% on one year & there are massive waiting lists.
Victims of our own success. However long may that success continue..

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
joegarra said:
Blame me for the petition. Club asked if I stood there and asked people to sign. I replied, not at all, they almost grabbed the clipboards from me and I left and returned at 3/4 time. The anger and disappointment was palpable. Inner sanctum copped it today, losing their half time food and tickets to JDM. Club seems to forget where we were not that long ago.

Mate, the petition was refreshing. I had no hesitation to sign. Well done !!

Just WOW about the Inner Sanctum. It's a complete shambles IMHO. Every 'premium membership' on level 2 is affected.

If they want to sell more reserved seats, buy the first rows on the top deck and sell them to members who want a reserved seat.

I still don't know how they can reduce the seating available for members if all seats are sold. In regard to Friday night, the RFC officials there could not have cared less.

They wandered the aisles 50 minutes before the game started and were nodding to each other about how empty it was - funnily enough by the time the ball was bounced it was pretty busy.

Anyway, have to send a proxy tonight as about to head interstate. I hope the conversations are robust and respectful.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
joegarra said:

we got a slot on the 7:30am 3AW news, Joe quoted and they said we had 800 signatures. I can not attend tonight but I would say this change is SET IN STONE. Id love to just leave it as it is. I purchase 4 seats but I only use 2 for 80% of the year. Its my right to have those two seats free as I have purchased them, I make no apologises as this costs me almost $2000 per year.

I will chose option 1 and book seats between N1-N6, Keep my grand final guarantee, hope I can get decent seats (they will hear my voice if I get tickets exhausted when I go to book my seats) and this $6 ticketek booking fee STINKS !!!! So if I have to book MY 4 Premiership tickets it will cost me $24??? x 11 home games $264 extra for booking fees.... GET STUFFED !!!!!

Been sitting in this area since 1995 ('95 and 2001 aside) those where quite lean years RFC !!!! Way to say thank you from my committed loyalty !

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Tiger Pops,

Well said.

If you a PC member then I think we are losing bays and only N6 becomes available to purchase a ticket each home game.

The bays we get allocated lets say N1-N5 will be 'sit anywhere'

I heard 3121 are picking up some of our bays - so maybe from N7 ? Who knows its a farce.

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
the way I read the 4 page (we have this set in stone) flyer was Option 1 - no change in prrice (apart from the RIP OFF Ticket booking fee) and that you will have a choose to book N1 to N6.

ON our way back to <100K members :mad: