Richmond Premiership Circle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Premiership Circle

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Got my letter today that Premiership Circle in 2019 (Great Southern Stand - Level 2 N1 to N6) will now become flexible seating 'to give more Richmond members the ability to experience the atmosphere on level 2'

They are basing this on member turnout where apparently 750 seats remain vacant each home game.

The Price remains the same even though we are losing a reserved seat.

If we do want a reserved seat, N6 is the dedicated bay (186 seats) for members to book each week for around $6

I have no idea how you can give more Richmond members the ability to purchase Premiership Circle when it's sold out?

I'm completely lost on this RFC, bad decision.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
3121 is also moving slightly, now we get N7 to N13 as Richmond Exec are taking N14 & 15

I like the flexible seating in 3121, get there early, hold your spot with a coat or blanket , no dramas

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Thanks Taz. I was a Titus/3121 member for a decade. Always got their early but then as got older liked the idea of not having to rush and worry about a seat so moved to Premiership Circle.

I've built a huge foundation with a number of supporters over a long period time sitting in the reserved seat area. It's going to be lost which is sad.

I know this comes with the success but i've been paying my dues for 43 years and i dont know how an area that is supposed to be completely sold out can be changed and also to incorporate guest passes.

Just my two cents. If there is an issue with people not turning up then raise it with those as you can see the barcode check ins or make the handing of reserved seats back each week more attractive.

Also having a forum to discuss on a wednesday at 545pm is pretty poor - do it before the bombers or bulldog game.

I'm pretty bummed and I know its a business but. The fact that in the letter I can move across to a reserved seat in the Olympic Stand for an extra $75 a year and still have my GF guarantee is worth considering - even though it still confuses me as I have been told by RFC that all reserved seats were exhausted when looking to upgrade family members.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Got my letter tonight too saying my Premiership Circle in the Olympic stand is going up $75 then another $75 and then another $75 for my reserved seat. Knew it was gonna happen once they sent that survey. It comes from success I suppose. I assume I still get to keep my seat if I keep paying for the new rates.

I think that a percentage of people will bail out if staying with their PC Olympic stand reserved membership means a 37.5% increase over three years so spots will become available from those in others areas to pick these spots up. Full card with respect to memberships so it’s musical chairs time if you don’t up your ante.

MackTiger

Yellow and Black
Jul 14, 2003
Thanks TT. For the ease of having the same seat each week I may switch over to the Olympic Stand PC. Compared to the Southern Stand PC it's an additional $75. I juset dont know how they can offer me that if all is exhausted. Anyway, sent an email to Benny. Looks like 3121 are losing some bays to A Richmond Exec area. I know PC members that got the membership only for the guaranteed GF ticket and stand behind the goals.

The letter states 750 seats or or 55% of the total membership are apparently vacant each week.

This means there are 1363 PC Southern Stand Seats. There is apparently 186 seats per bay, so still a grey area because that would only cover 7 bays.

I just dont get how if every seat is sold and paid up by members why it needs to change in anyway. I'll let you know if i get a response from the club.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
It’s a tough call between making the most money for the club and keeping the long and loyal members happy I reckon Mack.

As Taz said with 3121 you get the early save a seat and then head in for a beer in glass and catch up with the fellow Tiges, great thing about 3121 seating is even the worst seat is still fantastic.

joegarra

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 27, 2013
Werribee South
I am livid , after 20 plus years of the same seat. Have emailed and tweeted my disgust. I'll draw up a petition and circulate it around tomorrow night. Shocking way to treat loyal members!

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
If you have paid for a seat and don't go so be it. I sit on the second level with my seat and have for 20 years. I look down on the reserve seat on level one and it is never full.

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I had it for quite a few years , this year my mcc membership came in , I was hesitant giving up that reserved seat ,

MCC membership I have to pay extra to reserve a seat , which I do for the blockbusters, similar price , sounds like it was good timing

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Not overly thrilled. Will simply ask for option 2 and try retain my seats. Grand final guarantee retained. Change was inevitable.

I have to say though. All those seats are sold out and I get a feeling this is a money grab from the club

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Nothing like shitting on the members who have kept the club sustained during the lean times. Way to go RFC!

gsta12

Roar Power
Mar 19, 2003
I think the timing is a bit off, just after we hit record membership and we are finally having success. Just not a good look for the club..

In saying that, I have reserved seats on level 2 in the Olympic stand (Premiership circle) which will have a big price increase, and I can see the merit in having reserved sections rather than seats. There are so many games where the whole section is half empty, and even for big 'sell out' games like vs Collingwood there were still too many empty seats! I know many say that, well we pay for that seat we can turn up if we want or not if we have something on... But I'd rather see more fans fill the seats! Hence I think having reserved sections is good, because the club can have guest passes available, and fill more seats. And even if you get there late and dont sit in your 'prefered seat', honestly on level 2 any seat is a great seat. Just my opinion though! :-\

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
MackTiger said:
Got my letter today that Premiership Circle in 2019 (Great Southern Stand - Level 2 N1 to N6) will now become flexible seating 'to give more Richmond members the ability to experience the atmosphere on level 2'

They are basing this on member turnout where apparently 750 seats remain vacant each home game.

The Price remains the same even though we are losing a reserved seat.

If we do want a reserved seat, N6 is the dedicated bay (186 seats) for members to book each week for around $6

I have no idea how you can give more Richmond members the ability to purchase Premiership Circle when it's sold out?

I'm completely lost on this RFC, bad decision.

I am a "Roaming Tiger" Member where they have the same policy for M1 and M2 next to the cheer squad. I think its absolutely magnificent as we can buy guest passes and invite friends. its the future of ticketing. embrace it instead of whingeing.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
3121 Member, change was inevitable, we have lost two prime bays to the Richmond Executive but not going to whinge about that when the Richmond Executive pay $4,500 per year for their membership and we pay $1,120, (they should have the better seats).
Price rise on this category was acceptable too.

One day I expect to be priced out of, or have 3121 seating moved to a less desirable area in favor of a newly created more exclusive membership category and will
need to revise my level of membership.

Once again I will reluctantly accept it as the price to pay for supporting such a massive club and keeping the club ahead of the rest.

**I think the urgency for the club in making these changes is the fact that we will need to go it alone in the redevelopment of Punt Road Oval given the Gov't and AFL excluded RFC from any grants.

E

easy_tiger

Only go to 3-4 games a year and half of them are the prelim and the granny ;D

One day, im gonna spend a winter in Richmond and sit next to the same blokes at the G every fortnight

Hopefully we get party pies delivered by naked empowered young things

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
We're *the* team in the biggest comp in the land. If I'm right our membership was always a bit lower in price to the other powerhouses. Adjustment makes sense.

But you'd hope the club does look after those who stuck by them during the *smile* years.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Baloo said:
But you'd hope the club does look after those who stuck by them during the sh!t years.

wouldn't be the worst idea to have discounts for long term members. eg. 10% for gold members. 25% for platinum, and so on. people like us who suffered through the sh!t years well and truly deserve that recognition.

UntamedTiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 8, 2003
caesar said:
3121 Member, change was inevitable, we have lost two prime bays to the Richmond Executive but not going to whinge about that when the Richmond Executive pay $4,500 per year for their membership and we pay $1,120, (they should have the better seats).
Price rise on this category was acceptable too.

One day I expect to be priced out of, or have 3121 seating moved to a less desirable area in favor of a newly created more exclusive membership category and will
need to revise my level of membership.

Once again I will reluctantly accept it as the price to pay for supporting such a massive club and keeping the club ahead of the rest.

**I think the urgency for the club in making these changes is the fact that we will need to go it alone in the redevelopment of Punt Road Oval given the Gov't and AFL excluded RFC from any grants.

I am a long time PC member, prior to that AFL Club support member. I have had both children as members since their birth, both teenagers now and my lovely wife is also a member. We are not unique, we sit together, bay N4. We attend as many games as we can and when we do make it, we make it just before the bounce. Nice to know that seats are there for us. Our kids have sporting commitments of their own, hence a few of us miss the odd game. Even then, the bay we are currently in and those around us are mostly full, that's being conservative. So from where we sit, the 55% full, is far from accurate. In fact I would challenge the club on how they have determined that.

What concerns me, is that long time and loyal supporters may be priced out from these type of memberships. Memberships that they have had for years. To be pushed aside for 'new' members that just happen to 'monied' up and buy their way in. IMO, they should be made to earn their membership stripes. They should not come at the expense of the long time and loyal member. It will certainly have an impact on the makeup, passion and sound of the 'Tiger Army'. Case in point, there was nothing like the roar and the emotion, at the end of the QF last year.