Richmond Round 21 team v Frankson, Saturday, August 20, 2:10pm AEST, Swinburne Centre | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond Round 21 team v Frankson, Saturday, August 20, 2:10pm AEST, Swinburne Centre

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Great goal by Judson. We need his footskills in the firsts. Hopefully can develop physically

Reactions: 1 user

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Want to see renewed energy in our VFL program next year. Better coaching & development required for a start.

Our VFL program has to be our AFL nursery supported by the highest calibre VFL listed players we can find. Really dropped away since 2019.

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Aarts 34 possessions seems like another Tom Mitchell type. Gets them but does nothing.

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
What i take out of that.
Clarke and Banks will be players
Hugo can run but is shaky
Ryan may come good
RCD, Dow, Martyn and Aarts must not be at the club next year
Colina doesnt even look like a basketballer let alone a footy player
Brown has the skills but needs to apply himself
Bauer im not sold on.
Stack seems to pick and choose when to turn it on. Maybe the reason he's not getting selected.
Agree with all except Stack. Think he’s trying but small forward role is hit and miss, especially given the hap hazard way we move the ball. However I would say he still doesn’t look super fit - perhaps why he isn’t pushed into the middle more often.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
A lot looking at that brain fade by Bauer but he was very good today. Clearly wasn't confident kicking into the wind though. Plenty to work with for him, good mark, good positioning. Doesn't get paid frees that he should (but then he does play for us).
Ryan will be an AFL player
Banks and Clarke and classy and composed
Brown is quite classy but needs to get involved more
Hugo, gee he could be anything but needs to work on his ball use in the offseason

Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I really liked Nyuon’s game. Clean wth his marks, moves well for a tall guy, generally uses it well and has a monster kick when he unloads on it.

Reactions: 1 users

HeadandShin

Burning bright
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
A lot looking at that brain fade by Bauer but he was very good today. Clearly wasn't confident kicking into the wind though. Plenty to work with for him, good mark, good positioning. Doesn't get paid frees that he should (but then he does play for us).
Ryan will be an AFL player
Banks and Clarke and classy and composed
Brown is quite classy but needs to get involved more
Hugo, gee he could be anything but needs to work on his ball use in the offseason
Agree. I’m surprised at people dismissing Bauer. Think he’s got x-factor, has a great leap, will clunk marks in time, and could (with confidence) impact the seniors like Cumberland has.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I know no-one wants to acknowledge it in here but Riley had a good game, and for those that don't think he is a good kick i personally think he is.
Think he may decide to look for greener pastures, I reckon one more pre-season and he will hit his straps.

Reactions: 4 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I know no-one wants to acknowledge it in here but Riley had a good game, and for those that don't think he is a good kick i personally think he is.
Think he may decide to look for greener pastures, I reckon one more pre-season and he will hit his straps.
I'd persist with him Julius. Just needs better coaching.

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
A lot looking at that brain fade by Bauer but he was very good today.
His overall game was pretty good. Still very thin. Needs a fair bit of development. However my concerns were his two brain fades not one. First he nearly missed the ball from a set shot 15 metres out and didn't make the distance and then the play on from a mark 30 metres out was Aarts and castagna like. Maybe just an off day but these things are usually a pattern. Someone like Jack craves the responsibility. Others shrivel under the spotlight.

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Yeah I thought he was pretty good as well, the question I suppose is whether his tank can get to AFL level. Dow was very good out of the centre square in the final quarter as well, I hope both are kept for next year.

I don't really get the vitriol directed at Jake Aarts on this thread. From what you see at games like this he is instrumental in what the VFL program is trying to achieve, demonstrating the qualities needed to be a Richmond man. He probably won't be on the AFL list next year but I hope we are able to keep him in the VFL program.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Want to see renewed energy in our VFL program next year. Better coaching & development required for a start.

Our VFL program has to be our AFL nursery supported by the highest calibre VFL listed players we can find. Really dropped away since 2019.
I think you are wrong here.

We went into this vfl season with a very young and inexperienced group together with a not particularly strong vfl listed group. To finish 11-7 is a very good effort.

On top of that the vfl program has seen the elevation of Cumberland, Sonsie, Miller and Moju into key players in the AFL team and seen blooding of some very likely looking young players. Our young players come into the AFL team incredibly well schooled in how to play the system.

Supporters of other teams are wondering how we keep unearthing players. I look at players like Moju, Nyuon, Cumberland, Miller, Ryan as examples of young players who were not high draft picks and are continually getting better.

There will be players who don’t make it of course but our development program is one of the best in the game

Reactions: 9 users

gehring

Tiger Rookie
Oct 16, 2006
His overall game was pretty good. Still very thin. Needs a fair bit of development. However my concerns were his two brain fades not one. First he nearly missed the ball from a set shot 15 metres out and didn't make the distance and then the play on from a mark 30 metres out was Aarts and castagna like. Maybe just an off day but these things are usually a pattern. Someone like Jack craves the responsibility. Others shrivel under the spotlight.
Thought he was frustrated, trying his guts out but was always flying in a pack with our other talls. He may have also had a raging headache with that crash landing on his neck and head. We have a tall side and it was frustrating to see two or more of our players competing against each other for marks with the opposition waiting down for the crumbs. A coaching/training issue. Perhaps we also have a number of dumb players! How many times did our set shots veer off line with the wind and we kept doing it all match (Hugo/Hicks etc).