Richmond: The Lost Years | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond: The Lost Years

RfC77

Ju-87 : The original TANK buster
Jun 23, 2004
Narre Warren
One of the lowest points in those "lost years" would have to be 1993 the week after adelaide set records against us at FP. We hosted the eagles at Princes Park only for barely 6000 ppl to turn up, being there made me think how far we'd fallen yet this year has shown me how much we've grown since those days.

dewinton

Tiger Rookie
Jun 22, 2007
RfC77 said:
One of the lowest points in those "lost years" would have to be 1993 the week after adelaide set records against us at FP. We hosted the eagles at Princes Park only for barely 6000 ppl to turn up, being there made me think how far we'd fallen yet this year has shown me how much we've grown since those days.
bloody Adelaide and 1993.....still remember having high hopes for the season after a great fosters cup series making it to the grand final only to get thumped by the crows at the G in rd 1...up there with my wosrst games attended

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
This will be interesting at 8.30pm tonight. Lots of sniping I reckon. Don't know what to think of Rainesy nowadays TBH (just like Cloke)

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Geez....Rainesy was in it for the money......nothing's changed then.

Francis Bourke took on the Neeld attitude as coach. The arrogance of this club was too obvious for too long.

tiges

Tiger Superstar
Apr 16, 2007
bringbakflemmo said:
it's pathetic that a show is being made about us being so pathetic over 30 years

mate its done for ratings pure and simple they know alot of richmond people would have watched and footy people in general to see what happened.

Feb 25, 2007
Tigion said:
agree i enjoyed allot of clubs would of learnt from our mistakes and finally we have

Exactly its taken us a while well 20-30 years but whos counting :hihi but we are finally heading in the right direction, playing list, recruiters, money, members, crowds, facilities etc etc

Feb 25, 2007
smasha said:
I couldn't help myself.I watched it.

I teared up.

I'm just thankful we still have our club here.

yep agree luv when mike sheehan said the most powerful club in the land and i tell ya Smasha if this team can play constant finals over the coming years and snag a flag :hihi we will once again be king of the AFL jungle!!!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
TigerForce said:
Geez....Rainesy was in it for the money......nothing's changed then.

Francis Bourke took on the Neeld attitude as coach. The arrogance of this club was too obvious for too long.

Yep.
Raines thought he could double his salary, even Sheehan questioned him on it.
Wilson not admitting losing Raines was a bad move, he kept to The story "he did sweet FA after leaving Richmond"
GR just lost the plot and ruled the club as a dictator rather then a leader
The trading of 3 players for just one, because he had a good game on Bourke was shocking to listen too.
The constant was everyone was walking on egg shells under GR

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
zippadeee said:
Yep.
Raines thought he could double his salary, even Sheehan questioned him on it.

Jealousy on Rioli getting paid more.

zippadeee said:
The trading of 3 players for just one, because he had a good game on Bourke was shocking to listen too.

Caro's papa took a while to admit his huge mistake in that !!

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
TigerForce said:
Jealousy on Rioli getting paid more.

Raines thought it was the RFC the Raines football club.
I heard a long long time ago, he was the major player into getting into other players ears about how much money they should be earning.
35k to 70k in one season, what did you expect the club to do?
Cloke looked like he just didn't like playing under Bourke. But why bring cloke back to club in 89??
We were a disgrace in the 80's, on and off the ground..
Peter Wilson leaving because they won't give him another 12k.
Players refusing to come to us after drafting them.
We were a disgrace on and off the ground in the 80's

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
zippadeee said:
Raines thought it was the RFC the Raines football club.
I heard a long long time ago, he was the major player into getting into other players ears about how much money they should be earning.
35k to 70k in one season, what did you expect the club to do?
Cloke looked like he just didn't like playing under Bourke. But why bring cloke back to club in 89??
We were a disgrace in the 80's, on and off the ground..
Peter Wilson leaving because they won't give him another 12k.
Players refusing to come to us after drafting them.
We were a disgrace on and off the ground in the 80's

Admittedly, they stuffed around with the finances though.

Cloke came back for some easy money in his has-been years. KB was desperate to get an old mate back to help on-field.

Even KB blamed the lack of finance for his failure as coach. TJ's answer to Sheahan was a bit hesitant but showed KB's failure was more because he was hopeless as coach rather than the lack of finance in recruiting better players.

I reckon this doco wasn't as good as I expected coz I though they'd focus more on the early-mid 80s failure rather than early 90s and 2002+ when Spud failed. Even showing that spitting prick (twice!!) was unnecessary IMO.