Richmond v Collingwood - Community Shield Game - IKON Park Tuesday, February 27th 6.40pm | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Collingwood - Community Shield Game - IKON Park Tuesday, February 27th 6.40pm

Same issues as last year, really.
Yep. Poor foot skills, poor decision makers and missing set shots.

Gibcus, Dow, Naismith huge positives.

McIntosh, it’s time. Brown , just I don’t know, don’t see it yet. Ryan better tonight but miles off AFL, Gus Graham with a good PR team. Hopper looked like 23 Hop-hop tonight.

Bottom 6, 8 or 9 wins.

Completely outclassed. They have so much more legspeed across the ground and especially in the midfield. It's going to take a few years of good drafting to turn this around. I think the bottom four is on the cards.

I haven't been around the forum long but I'm surprised how quickly everyone jumps on the doomsday bandwagon.

It's a practice match, with a new coach, a new system, a bunch of players in new positions, new leaders (presumably), and quite a few important players not in (Vlastuin is notably missing for me, really lack his composure in the back line).

Everyone's concerned about GC because we want to beat Dimma. We probably won't, it doesn't matter. This year will be a year of learning and maybe some minor success maybe not.

• Love
Reactions: 28 users
Ross wonders why he dosent get a game..comes on in the last qtr 15.03 on the clock. We lose the ball the Collingwood players runs past, he jogs and then stops.

Can we draft or bring in players that can take a contested mark.
Sampson 1
Naismith 1
Miller 0
Balta 0

Weird game. Should’ve been a fair few goals up at 1/4 time. Pretty pedestrian effort after that - geez the midfield needs speed… I expect Bolton spends a lot more time in there than expected.

Thought Dow was very good and is a huge positive for the future. Liked Gibcus game and think Naismith was an astute signing given Nanks injury.

Anyway it’s a praccy game and I learnt nothing new - season hinges on T.Lynch's health.

Reactions: 2 users
Completely outclassed. They have so much more legspeed across the ground and especially in the midfield. It's going to take a few years of good drafting to turn this around. I think the bottom four is on the cards.
Leg speed isn't a skill.
It's drafting.
We had Rioli Edwards Lambert Castagna & Bulter
We have a slower Rioli.

I haven't been around the forum long but I'm surprised how quickly everyone jumps on the doomsday bandwagon.

It's a practice match, with a new coach, a new system, a bunch of players in new positions, new leaders (presumably), and quite a few important players not in (Vlastuin is notably missing for me, really lack his composure in the back line).

Everyone's concerned about GC because we want to beat Dimma. We probably won't, it doesn't matter. This year will be a year of learning and maybe some minor success maybe not.
Ha I know. After the melb practice match we were making the top 8. Now we are wooden spooners.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
very disappointed

dow, gibcus and naismith were ok - no one outstanding - no match winners

I thought our gameplan would involve movement through the middle.
Felt like we were pushing fwd along the wings most of the game.

Reactions: 1 users
Not sure why Ross gets overlooked. Happening with the new coach now.

Reactions: 2 users
We played 2 top 4 sides,should really of lost both games by 10 gls each on.last year BUT WE DIDNT ,WE WENT 1W 1L WHICH ISNT TOO BAD .

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users