Richmond v Collingwood - Community Shield Game - IKON Park Tuesday, February 27th 6.40pm | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond v Collingwood - Community Shield Game - IKON Park Tuesday, February 27th 6.40pm

Went to the game, 1st qtr was great but not getting too excited by it, also a combination of pies being a bit rusty before they got motoring at qtr time. It was a good hit out before the season starts, we showed enough to give us confidence to build on moving forward but also showed us the difference between us and the best. Pies cover space really quickly and one thing that stood out to me more than anything else, was that once they put a mitt on one of our players we couldnt break their hold/tackle.

Naismith, Gibcus and Dow were real positives. Baker and Short worked into the game and by the end were looking sharp and ready for round 0. Tarranto was very good early before fading. Kmac and Pickett were very good also(except for Picketts dropped sitters). Prestia and Hopper were meh, disposal was sloppy. Our repeat entries and transition defence was very good till about halfway through the second qtr and then folded under the pies pressure. Definitely something there to build on.

I noticed that when we were under the pump from halfway through the second qtr, we lost our composure and stopped looking for short passess to try control the tempo. We just kept banging it long down the line and pies just kept moping it up. Thats something we'll get better at as the season progresses as the players get more and more confident in our structures and new team rules.
The bomb it long has been our weakness for 3 years. We played straight into the Pies strength. we need a better more composed F50 entry system.

Reactions: 3 users
2017 Collingwood thrash Richmond in preseason game then we win the flag.

2020 Collingwood thrash Richmond in a pre season game then we win the flag.

2024 Collingwood thrash Richmond in a pre season game..........

the 2018 prelim was essentially just an early 2019 pre-season game

Great take CT. Do you have the same thoughts on KMac?
Personally, yes. But I've always been Kmac's biggest advocate.

Pickett has a few tricks Kmac doesn't. Though no one runs like Kamdyn.

I don't see anyone that offers enough to supplant either, on our list.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm a big Ross fan, but I don't see him as a winger.

Ross takes the ball from congestion to outside better than most on our list. He's also the one I want delivering inside 50.

I'd trade out Hopper and play Ross. Yes, yes, you can all yell at me about how wrong I am.

I'm assuming he'll have Graham's position for the next month anyway?

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a big Ross fan, but I don't see him as a winger.

Ross takes the ball from congestion to outside better than most on our list. He's also the one I want delivering inside 50.

I'd trade out Hopper and play Ross. Yes, yes, you can all yell at me about how wrong I am.

I'm assuming he'll have Graham's position for the next month anyway?
I am with you regarding Ross. Still scratching my head as to why he only got a quarter the other day.

Nonetheless what he showed in that 30 min patch was enough to suggest he should be up at the Gold Coast next week.

Reactions: 1 users
I am with you regarding Ross. Still scratching my head as to why he only got a quarter the other day.

Nonetheless what he showed in that 30 min patch was enough to suggest he should be up at the Gold Coast next week.
My guess is just managing game time. He's had an interrupted preseason bc of toe surgery/injury so only started full training late.

Reactions: 1 user