Tickets v Carlton Away | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tickets v Carlton Away

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Please merge if there is already a thread.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday (being the designated away team).

Is there a seating category price list? If so, can someone please share?

Got a group of 5, 2 of them want a reserved seat, but the other 2 don't wanna spend a fortune and are happy to settle for GA

Thanks for starting this thread Bin.

What time do AFL members tickets go on sale?

Thanks for starting this thread Bin.

What time do AFL members tickets go on sale?

It says members pre sale Tuesday 27th 12pm.

Not sure if that includes AFL members.

Edit: Looks like 2 pm for AFL members.

Ticket on-sale times

MCG (Ticketek)
Tuesday 27th February
12pm – Club Members (Rounds 1-15)
2pm – AFL Members (Rounds 1-6 Only)

Wednesday 28th February
12pm – General Public (Rounds 1-15)

Reactions: 1 user
Please merge if there is already a thread.

Tickets go on sale Wednesday (being the designated away team).

Is there a seating category price list? If so, can someone please share?

Got a group of 5, 2 of them want a reserved seat, but the other 2 don't wanna spend a fortune and are happy to settle for GA

General admin are set prices but I think they have variable pricing on reserve seats.

This is the sixth year in a row tickets have remained the same as the AFL continues its commitment to affordability by once again freezing general admission tickets at $27 Adult, $18 Concession, and $5 child. Kids under four years old continue to be free.

Additionally, following a successful trial and then implementation in 2022 and 2023, the Family ticket, consisting of two Adults and two Children for $54 will be available at all home and away season games at both the MCG and Marvel Stadium.

It says members pre sale Tuesday 27th 12pm.

Not sure if that includes AFL members.

Edit: Looks like 2 pm for AFL members.

Ticket on-sale times

MCG (Ticketek)
Tuesday 27th February

Wednesday 28th February
12pm – General Public (Rounds 1-15)

I thought club members meant from both clubs, not just the home team, is that correct?

Our Round 1 match vs. Carlton is fully ticketed, meaning all Richmond members with AWAY access must upgrade to a reserved seat as there will be no scan-in access for general admission. 3121 Members can upgrade into either the AFL Reserve (discounted premium member pricing) or standard upgrade allocation by using your membership barcode on the Ticketek website from 12pm, Tuesday 27 February.
From RFC email

I thought club members meant from both clubs, not just the home team, is that correct?

Pretty sure if you have a 16-game home and away membership you can get tickets on Tuesday. Home members-only membership need to wait till Wed to buy GA or buy a reserved seat.

I’ve been an AFL member for 35 years.
I requested a physical membership card last year and this year. A bit of a dinosaur I’m afraid. Still waiting for my Card.
Just logged into AFL membership account and it is showing Rd 1 v Carlton is fully ticketed. It also states that I can purchase tickets in Section Q only. Who the hell gets tickets in Sections M, N and P?

Attachments

• IMG_4830.jpeg
    IMG_4830.jpeg
    123.5 KB · Views: 5
I’ve been an AFL member for 35 years.
I requested a physical membership card last year and this year. A bit of a dinosaur I’m afraid. Still waiting for my Card.
Just logged into AFL membership account and it is showing Rd 1 v Carlton is fully ticketed. It also states that I can purchase tickets in Section Q only. Who the hell gets tickets in Sections M, N and P?

Ok, Q sec means only for guest passes this is normal practice and has been for yonks in big games. Guess passes should not be sitting in M, N, and P in front of members.

Secondly, if you have requested a card it will come. Our 5 cards came on Friday.

On fully ticketed haven't read that in any correspondence. You are only referring to AFL reserve? which could be fully ticketed as that will definitely sell out.

Ok, Q sec means only for guest passes this is normal practice and has been for yonks in big games. Guess passes should not be sitting in M, N, and P in front of members.

Secondly, if you have requested a card it will come. Our 5 cards came on Friday.

On fully ticketed haven't read that in any correspondence. You are only referring to AFL reserve? which could be fully ticketed as that will definitely sell out.
Yes that is what it said. I misread the bit about guest passes. So all good - I will not bag out AFL on this issue (although I’m sure I will have plenty to complain about before the year is out😂🐯)

Reactions: 2 users

The fully ticketed away games and the implications of this applies to club members too.

In the email I got as a Roaming Tiger member it stated:

Our Round 1 AWAY match vs. Carlton is fully ticketed, meaning all Richmond members with AWAY access must upgrade to a reserved seat as there will be no scan-in access for general admission. Members can upgrade by using their barcode on Ticketek.

So, looks like I have to buy tickets if I want to go despite being a home and away member.

Just tried to get on to the Ticketek site. It claims it is having issues because of the Taylor Swift tour. Geez, what bunch of incompetent fools Ticketek are. They would have been sold out months ago. Typical of Ticketek, someone really needs to teach them how to run a ticketing business.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Just wondering what people’s thoughts are about ticketing for our games against Port, Sydney and Saints. My preference (as an AFL member) is to just walk up and maybe crossover to sit with other family members who are Richmond members, Guest passes are just too expensive. I think it should be ok but what do others think.

What a stressful day.
Trying to buy 17 tickets to AFL dining for the Carlton game.
Had a squat team of 3 on every possible device from 8.59am this morning to see who got on first.
Mission accomplished.

Reactions: 1 users
I
What a stressful day.
Trying to buy 17 tickets to AFL dining for the Carlton game.
Had a squat team of 3 on every possible device from 8.59am this morning to see who got on first.
Mission accomplished.
I am dreading tomorrow. I need to get 5 AFL members tickets. Ticketek is *smile* useless!

• Sad
Just wondering what people’s thoughts are about ticketing for our games against Port, Sydney and Saints. My preference (as an AFL member) is to just walk up and maybe crossover to sit with other family members who are Richmond members, Guest passes are just too expensive. I think it should be ok but what do others think.
Port and Sydney are both Sunday twilight games ( *smile* you very much afl :mad:🖕) so I don’t think they will have huge crowds. Depends where you want to sit obviously though. The saints game? Is that the one in SA for gather round? If so then you don’t need to worry about tickets if you don’t have one already as I believe it’s sold out ( again, *smile* you afl for playing us at a tiny ground with reduced capacity as well)

I am dreading tomorrow. I need to get 5 AFL members tickets. Ticketek is *smile* useless!

5, mate I need to get 12 (all tigers). The problem is the system only allows 10 in one transaction, So I will get 9 first then 3 in 2nd transaction.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Port and Sydney are both Sunday twilight games ( *smile* you very much afl :mad:🖕) so I don’t think they will have huge crowds. Depends where you want to sit obviously though. The saints game? Is that the one in SA for gather round? If so then you don’t need to worry about tickets if you don’t have one already as I believe it’s sold out ( again, *smile* you afl for playing us at a tiny ground with reduced capacity as well)
I forgot about Gather Round. But I also think a walk up will be available for the other two games. Cheers

Ok folks, today tickets go on sale. RD 1 V Carlton is our away game so get yourself a ticket. Surely will go close to 90K (last year 88K+)
Have been reading its a fully ticketed game, so no walk ups.
Home and away members only need to upgrade to a reserved seat today from 12pm. AFL members upgrade to a reserved seat at 2pm.

Tigers home members and non-members buy your tickets on Wednesday at 12pm.

MCG (Ticketek) - https://hot4.ticketek.com.au

Tuesday 27th February
10am
- MCC Reserve (Rounds 1-6)

Wednesday 28th February
12pm
– General Public (Rounds 1-15)

Marvel Stadium matches on-sale
via Ticketmaster:

10am AEDT, Tuesday, February 27