Richmond V GWS at Mildura 23/10/22 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond V GWS at Mildura 23/10/22

Brennan gets as bad or worse treatment than Lynch or Jack.

Barely wins a free when she is constantly held, and then gets pinned for a sling when the head was completed protected. Sling tackles are there to pay when the other player is prone to dangerous head contact on the ground, not body contact on the ground.
Wakefield gets molested a fair bit as well.

• Sad
Reactions: 3 users
Magic by Conti

Goal of the year. Their replay didn't do it justice, two little taps in the air after the sliced kick from Seymour, by Conti, then she takes the ball and that burst took her from the pack. That was as good as you will see in the girls game, smart, skillful, magic as you say.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Are the commentators under instructions to barrack for our opposition? It seems to be the case every game.

Reactions: 1 user
Goal of the year. Their replay didn't do it justice, two little taps in the air after the sliced kick from Seymour, by Conti, then she takes the ball and that burst took her from the pack. That was as good as you will see in the girls game, smart, skillful, magic as you say.
Possibly in contention to win the AFLW best award this year.

Gun.
Star.

Reactions: 1 users
Seems worse. But i might be a little biased.

Conti clinic for the Riverina.
They're getting gimmees. Just a minute ago, one of our girls got whacked to high 1 mm from goal and they gave it to GWS.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users
They're getting gimmees. Just a minute ago, one of our girls got whacked to high 1 mm from goal and they gave it to GWS.
One of the Hoskings sisters was pushed in the back twice and they gave the free to GWS for holding. Earlier in the game it was in the back for them.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 4 users
Are the commentators under instructions to barrack for our opposition? It seems to be the case every game.
Just like the mens.
Barracked a little for us when we’re average.

Then became the team we are and the opposition get most of the ‘applause’.

Same as the girls this year.

They were hoping we would be crap or average this year.

They paid so many easy frees to GWS but the same thing happens to a Richmond player and it's still a GWS free.

Nonsensical, are there rules being applied here or is it just random give it to those in white jumpers?

DS

Reactions: 1 users
Possibly in contention to win the AFLW best award this year.

Gun.
Star.

As she should. She's got to be of the best 2 or 3 in the comp. Jasmine Garner must be an absolute gun to be leading the coaches award by so much. Will look out for her next week to compare to Conti as it will probably be between the 2 of them you'd think.

I still have no idea why, with the AFL not on, why they aren't having the AFL umpires umpiring the girls. Whilst they have their issues too, they are way, way, way better than the mugs they have umpiring the girls.

Maybe because they have just finished a mentally and physically demanding season and need a break Mr P? We wouldn't expect players to back up for a Summer comp. You're not the first person to suggest it but I think it probably shows how little respect people have for the job of being an umpire.

Having said that, I do agree there are issues with selection of umpires. I mentioned previously while I was back in Bendigo for a game we played there, I picked up the local paper and read that one of the female umpires from the local comp had been asked to do the game. That's not good enough.