Richmond vs Essendon (Dreamtime 2022) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond vs Essendon (Dreamtime 2022)

It is pointless the media asking about it because you aren't allowed to comment (honestly) anyway.
But if do express your opinions, peanuts like Karen Cornes says your a whinger

Reactions: 1 users
It is pointless the media asking about it because you aren't allowed to comment (honestly) anyway.
Hardwick should say the following in the press conferences.

“Why do you ask me these questions? You know I’m not allowed to comment on umpiring decisions. I mean, I really want to comment on umpiring decisions. If I was allowed to I would be happy to tell you what I think about the umpiring decisions in the most unambiguous and strongest possible terms. But I’m not allowed to comment so don’t ask me.”

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users

“Why do you ask me these questions? You know I’m not allowed to comment on umpiring decisions. I mean, I really want to comment on umpiring decisions. If I was allowed to I would be happy to tell you what I think about the umpiring decisions in the most unambiguous and strongest possible terms. But I’m not allowed to comment so don’t ask me.”
He'd get fined for that.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
This thread never fails to disappoint.

Goal umpire standing on the spot: I think it's a point.

Preenders watching a few blurry replay on TV: *smile* cheat.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

And what exactly are you relying on?

Huh?

I was there, I was behind the goals, I was in a better position then the goal umpire (who was not "on the spot" as you put it, he was standing side on to the goal post)- that did not hit the post.

Now, come clean, what are you relying on to say it did hit the post or are you just defending the umpires with no actual knowledge of what happened?

You never fail to disappoint. You crap on about how we judge the umpires incorrectly. Last week you claimed the umpiring was fine at the same time you said you only watched the first minute of the game and figured the umpires did a good job.

In any case, what are those in the ARC relying on if not the blurry replay?

You really never fail to disappoint.

DS

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Brilliant pregame from our football club, pretty good during the game too ;)

We are the standard other clubs can only dream of been.

Reactions: 6 users
2 ridiculous dangerous tackles paid against us in the last 2 weeks.

Our beloved game is in a perilous stage.

unbelievable
Can't bump, can't tackle, bring on the AFLX, it'll be lightning fast n sooooo skilled. Pity it's not footy though.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else see the blonde kick in the AusKick on the PRE? Magical. Sign him up.
Kid absolutely loved the cheer squad revving him up. Struttin n prancin like he was Freddie on stage at Wembley

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
when its a round to celebrate the indigenous world and talent, Essendon FC come out and play like minor thugs and the Umpires help them.
thing is, class always beats thuggery
and the chasm between us and them last night was obvious

Reactions: 4 users
Very Richmond-y win in the end. 80-48 is a typical score line in this current era.

Don’t normally comment on the umpiring but *smile* me, that was bad last night. The Grimes tackle should be enough to get that umpire disbarred for life.

Reactions: 8 users
That poorly missed kick to JR8 by Ross went 2-3 m over his head when he had plenty of time to just put it in front of Jack and cost a shot at goal and one reason why he likely wont be a regular best 22 player
Reckon Dusty missed half a dozen more passes on the night than Rossy did. Does that make Dusty a magoos player? Rossy had the big boy pants on last night n played a very good game, he'll get another run next week.

Reactions: 11 users
Good spread of possessions , we did finish looking dangerous , the waves of runners looking real good .
The shaky stuff , they are a very young side and like most sides that drop to the bottom , they lack confidence , we also didn’t look great at times handling the faux tough stuff With what essendon served up they should have been beaten 60+

If lynch kicks a bit better we put 20 pts on that margin

Swans next week in Sydney , will be a much tougher game , it probably will be easier to prepare for and a much better way to judge where we are at

Go Tigs

I liked Dusty's reaction to his 50m penalty. "I can't even *smile* hear you." Some of these rules have crossed the line to becoming unreasonable.
This has to be addressed. You can't have such severe penalties for inconspicuous things created as a result of not being able to hear the umpire over the crowd. Same happened to Bolton.

Reactions: 3 users
And what exactly are you relying on?

Huh?

I was there, I was behind the goals, I was in a better position then the goal umpire (who was not "on the spot" as you put it, he was standing side on to the goal post)- that did not hit the post.

Now, come clean, what are you relying on to say it did hit the post or are you just defending the umpires with no actual knowledge of what happened?

You never fail to disappoint. You crap on about how we judge the umpires incorrectly. Last week you claimed the umpiring was fine at the same time you said you only watched the first minute of the game and figured the umpires did a good job.

In any case, what are those in the ARC relying on if not the blurry replay?

You really never fail to disappoint.

DS

The Big Recalcitrant is just back doing his same old thing to get a reaction.

Reactions: 3 users

Or" "Shhh! I think this room is bugged and the Stasi are listening."

Didn't a coach once say something like, normally I have no comment, but today I absolutely have no comment.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user