Richmond vs Essendon (Dreamtime 2022) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond vs Essendon (Dreamtime 2022)

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
And what exactly are you relying on?

Huh?

I was there, I was behind the goals, I was in a better position then the goal umpire (who was not "on the spot" as you put it, he was standing side on to the goal post)- that did not hit the post.

Now, come clean, what are you relying on to say it did hit the post or are you just defending the umpires with no actual knowledge of what happened?

You never fail to disappoint. You crap on about how we judge the umpires incorrectly. Last week you claimed the umpiring was fine at the same time you said you only watched the first minute of the game and figured the umpires did a good job.

In any case, what are those in the ARC relying on if not the blurry replay?

You really never fail to disappoint.

DS
And crickets in the media about why snicko wasn’t used to determine if it hit the post or not. I actually think TBR is Ray Chamberlain.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Hardwick should say the following in the press conferences.

“Why do you ask me these questions? You know I’m not allowed to comment on umpiring decisions. I mean, I really want to comment on umpiring decisions. If I was allowed to I would be happy to tell you what I think about the umpiring decisions in the most unambiguous and strongest possible terms. But I’m not allowed to comment so don’t ask me.”
Sunday Footy Show showed Dimma tweeting (humorously) about how long that ARC decision took, but also showed Noble mention a disagreement with the flogs in his presser and said he'll make a phone call (they probably won't answer...) So, do coaches have the right to ask these questions? I'm lost with the rules and regulations of this league.

Reactions: 1 user

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Got to laugh at some of the camera shots showing Rutten.
Bumbers kick a goal and Rutten is out of his chair punching the air like they hit the front
I'm looking at the scoreboard and can see they are 4 goals behind.
They must of taken that loss as a moral win

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Got to laugh at some of the camera shots showing Rutten.
Bumbers kick a goal and Rutten is out of his chair punching the air like they hit the front
I'm looking at the scoreboard and can see they are 4 goals behind.
They must of taken that loss as a moral win
Also smirks like they won the game. Dud coach IMO.

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
And what exactly are you relying on?

Huh?

I was there, I was behind the goals, I was in a better position then the goal umpire (who was not "on the spot" as you put it, he was standing side on to the goal post)- that did not hit the post.

Now, come clean, what are you relying on to say it did hit the post or are you just defending the umpires with no actual knowledge of what happened?

You never fail to disappoint. You crap on about how we judge the umpires incorrectly. Last week you claimed the umpiring was fine at the same time you said you only watched the first minute of the game and figured the umpires did a good job.

In any case, what are those in the ARC relying on if not the blurry replay?

You really never fail to disappoint.

DS

Afraid your dislike of umpires is blinding you to what my post actually said, David.

My comment was about the ridiculous of someone in their lounge room trying to determine if the ball hit the post or not from the replays we saw, nothing else.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
And crickets in the media about why snicko wasn’t used to determine if it hit the post or not. I actually think TBR is Ray Chamberlain.
Barrett on the Sunday Footy Show said that snicko doesn’t work that far up the goal post.

If that’s the case then it’s amateur hour once again at AFL house.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Barrett on the Sunday Footy Show said that snicko doesn’t work that far up the goal post.

I've said it a million times, but this is such a bush league competition. For all the money flowing into the AFL, and they can't even do things that are a given in another professional sport, even the dog's breakfast that is the NRL.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

There is a very simple solution to the goal review. Either SPEND THE *smile* MONEY TO GET IT RIGHT LIKE EVERY OTHER MAJOR SPORT IN THE WORLD, or do away with it altogether.

Reactions: 10 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Karen Cornes said their plastic tough guy approach was embarrassing. Drop the act.
Who do Essendumb play next? Oh, Port.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Sunday Footy Show showed Dimma tweeting (humorously) about how long that ARC decision took, but also showed Noble mention a disagreement with the flogs in his presser and said he'll make a phone call (they probably won't answer...) So, do coaches have the right to ask these questions? I'm lost with the rules and regulations of this league.
They can ask questions I believe, but nothing ever comes of it. Nothing is ever made public, either, because it might be *gasp* pointing out that the umpires made mistakes.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach

It’s quite a simple fix.
Any kicked ball that goes through the goal posts is a goal. Regardless if it’s touched or snicks the goal post.

Reactions: 7 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
That was hard to watch. A great win diminished by the abysmal work of the umps. Really made it almost unenjoyable.
Just watched and was about to post the same, hard to watch. Between our inaccuracies and umpire incompetence that 5 goal win should’ve been a 10.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
This thread never fails to disappoint.

Goal umpire standing on the spot: I think it's a point.

Preenders watching a few blurry replay on TV: *smile* cheat.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The goal umpire that THREE times asked for a review? Yeah, he seemed competent…

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
The goal umpire that THREE times asked for a review? Yeah, he seemed competent…
And then the one time he was confident, the field umpire overruled and asked for a review. Way to build the bloke’s confidence in his abilities.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Who are these 2 nobodies that voted for Parrish? That was the most ineffectual performance I've seen from a midfielder. He got 43 possessions. He had just 4 score involvements and 14 turnovers!! Great ball use Parish. The 3-2-1 are about who has INFLUENCE the game, not who has padded their stats and turned it over almost every time he went long. I think he had as many direct score involvements for us, as he did for the Bombers.

Funny how neither of the 2 that have played professional footballer voted for Parish as they know he had no influence over the game.

1653192680745.png

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
On the actual game, I think we were 1 handball too many in a lot of plays and it then resulted in unnecessary pressure… Essendon often opened us up though the middle… that’s a worry against better teams. Defence made it look a lot better than it really was. Dusty looked off all night…. His 1/2 chance stuff just didn’t quite land tonight
Sign up the blonde Auskick… although attitude may not be team oriented Richmond man stuff

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Maybe if these journos weren't so wooden with their questions, our (any) player would enjoy them (i.e. Dusty issue)

Bolts spoke well last night. Seems to be maturing a bit more.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Afraid your dislike of umpires is blinding you to what my post actually said, David.

My comment was about the ridiculous of someone in their lounge room trying to determine if the ball hit the post or not from the replays we saw, nothing else.

Bollocks.

You said:

Goal umpire standing on the spot: I think it's a point.

Did you say this having watched the incident, were you there? Or was it just supposition? On what basis did you claim it was a behind?

You come here and you criticise everyone for having a go at the umpires and relying on scant evidence, meanwhile you defend their decisions on the basis of no evidence at all, not even scant evidence. You also question people's assessment of the incident who have already stated they were there. 2 minutes prior to your post Mr T posted that he saw the incident live and it did not hit the post (is his loungeroom at the MCG?), yet, even in the face of eyewitness evidence, and with no evidence of your own, you blithely claim the umpire was correct. Why, because they are an umpire and therefore infallible?

Absolute joke and you won't even own up to making the claim.

I don't fault the goal umpire for their positioning, they were standing maybe 0.5 to 1m behind the goal line in the middle of the posts. That is where they should be when a player is having a snap at goal from close in on an angle. But, the ball clearly passed inside the goal post, so the question is whether it hit the post. There was no evidence that the ball hit the post: the post did not wobble, the ball did not deviate. In that situation the goal umpire should have called a goal and said he thought it should go to the ARC. Now, I don't think the goal umpire has much to answer here because it was a tough call, although I think calling it as hitting the post in the absence of any evidence that it had hit the post was incorrect. The real blame lies in the ARC - this is what the ARC is supposed to prevent, and it failed abysmally.

DS