Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub

We're playing Sydney Sunday 12th July and Norf Saturday night the 18th, so no bye.

We could well spend the rest of the year there, but at least the next 4 weeks, playing the Bummers and Dogs as well, before it's reassessed. Hopefully we get to come back home as you say, and don't have to go into another hub.

if we dont leave Queensland 6:3:1,

then we are a shadow of our former selves

and gone the way of J.R.Ewing

Reactions: 1 user
One of the reasons kids choose between football and cricket is on the basis one still allows you spend time with your family between playing.
Cricketer's know they might earn more but they also know that means a hell of time spent away from home.
I haven't seen footballers miss out on xmas due to the sport.
Its like comparing chalk & cheese in my eyes.
But banking $2m for a month in the IPL can buy some pretty fancy presents for your kids Christmas.

One of the reasons kids choose between football and cricket is on the basis one still allows you spend time with your family between playing.
Cricketer's know they might earn more but they also know that means a hell of time spent away from home.
I haven't seen footballers miss out on xmas due to the sport.
Its like comparing chalk & cheese in my eyes.
Must admit I missed this earlier inteviews with kids picked up in the draft saying they didn't persue cricket because they wouldn't be able to eat mums turkey on Christmas Day. I normally hear the ones that say I was effn better at footy or 800 blokes earn a very decent living from footy but 100 if you are lucky cricketers do.

Reactions: 1 users
Do we have any former cricketers as supporters?

We could do a lot worse than draw on one in a mentoring capacity. Being in a hub is a lot like touring India, without the heat and the runs.

y5QA2hZReT8Lx3DOH-LPx21wZx12Gl09XXmznvpqR4s.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
The angle I have taken is that the players really might rely on the support staff to do their thing. The assistant coaches, Blamy and other trainers for their input. Its a pity they couldnt somehow keep a lot more of them on board to help Dimma & the players.
Somehow financially find a way to prop them up eg sponsorship with future benefits to those that contribute.
Have a feeling that flatness could be partially attributed to it somehow.

This is a year with no home ground advantage. All supporters can stick it where it fits with the negativity that comes to travel/home ground advantage & so forth to all clubs & opposing point of views

RFC have imho a golden oppotunity to show how great they have become by embracing this and shld they nail another premiership!!! Well this will show their eliteness.

Come Tiges, its for short period, gel, get your mojo back. Embrace the challenge in the most difficult mountain there is.

IMO This premiership is the hardest of all in recent times. Not an asterix but an exclamation mark to it!

Go Tiges !!

The players will make the decisions they have to make, whatever the pressures, difficulties or doubts they might be experiencing.
Reckon you might be right Mr Bundy about there being an exclamation mark next to the 2020 premiership. Whichever team holds aloft the premiership cup, should here be a grand final, will have climbed a very big mountain and achieved a rather remarkable milestone for themselves, their club and the supporters.
Not sure it's going to be the Tigers this year, but should they turn things around and win another flag then they will surely go down as one of the very best teams of the past fifty years.
The season continues to unfold in a very unpredictable and challenging way .....

Reactions: 1 users

We could do a lot worse than draw on one in a mentoring capacity. Being in a hub is a lot like touring India, without the heat and the runs.

Malcolm Speed might have some contacts

Billy Nicholls could give some insight about being stuck in a small room for a long time.

• Haha
Stkilda & Carlton are based in Noosa. That's ridiculous considering Gold Coast have 100's of empty hotels
1.5 - 2.0 hr trip from Noosa to GC

Maybe? But he can play with the kids with other peoples money.

To be clear. I love the RFC.

But the F is what consumates the relationship and makes it financial.

If i wanted to financially support a bunch of sooks to stay home and play with the kids,

I dunno what I'd buy? a cafe in Fitzroy?

It's the C that does it for me. I don't imagine you are all that different to me Easy-one. I'd bet you are a long term member who paid to watch what often was not F in the lean years. Being a part of RFC and loving the CLUB even when the footy was terrible. There are many factors at play and dicing with the 'Rona can have serious consequences. I trust the leaders that got us those 2 cups because they did so by making good decisions. Jack has always forged his own path to some degree so this is completely in character and it's a character I can get behind. Cotch is Cotch. I can't imagine he would do anything to undermine the group or the success of the club, if he thinks this is best I trust him.

For us if some guys don't want to travel for any reason that's up to them we'll pump some games into thier replacements, say if Houli & Edwards don't go Naish & Dow/RCD could get some game time. no matter how the season goes from here with list cuts possible we need to find out what we have going fwd at some stage anyway & all going well we'll need as fresh a list as we can get for Finals.
that could also help next yr & beyond as if hubs look like they could be a part of next season etc some players may make the call to finish up. The Club would already know who will & won't be keen on going to the hubs.