Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub

Imagine when the draw came out if we were told we would have

Blues , Pies , Hawks ,Saints , Demons , Swans & North to start.

We would have been pretty happy with playing only 1 finalist in first 7 rounds. Pity we are totally out of form though.

Reactions: 1 user
Langer sums it up well

Cricket's a bit different. They don't make overseas tours like they used to, plus the WAGs are on tour with them now. And it's open-ended - nobody can say when the Victorian players will be allowed to return.

Anyway I don't feel that strongly about it. The season's on life support and it may not matter in the end.

Cricket's a bit different. They don't make overseas tours like they used to, plus the WAGs are on tour with them now. And it's open-ended - nobody can say when the Victorian players will be allowed to return.

Anyway I don't feel that strongly about it. The season's on life support and it may not matter in the end.

One of the reasons kids choose between football and cricket is on the basis one still allows you spend time with your family between playing.
Cricketer's know they might earn more but they also know that means a hell of time spent away from home.
I haven't seen footballers miss out on xmas due to the sport.
Its like comparing chalk & cheese in my eyes.

This is the best thing for us at the moment. To get us out of our slump.

It'll give the boys a chance to get away, bond and re-connect which has been missing.

Playing in empty stadiums has affected us more than any other team. The QLD tiger army should fire the boys up.

We're relying on you QLD tiger fans.

Also we play well in QLD.

Reckon it'll be good. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: 12 users
This is the best thing for us at the moment. To get us out of our slump.

It'll give the boys a chance to get away, bond and re-connect which has been missing.

Playing in empty stadiums has affected us more than any other team. The QLD tiger army should fire the boys up.

We're relying on you QLD tiger fans.

Also we play well in QLD.

Reckon it'll be good. Looking forward to it.

Huge amount of Xpats, ready to go.
The WC game wouldve proven how many there really is.

,,, deleted ,,,
The season's on life support and it may not matter in the end.

This. Agree LTRTR.
It's all getting to a pointy end very quickly.
Not much more space for the AFL to move in, I'm figuring.
One mishap along the way ... by jimminy, the AFL would say, if a player tests positive for COVID ... and the whole season would teeter on crashing.
Should there in fact be a grand final this year, then the team that prevails to hold the cup aloft will have achieved a very mighty thing, an extraordinary effort given all the conditions, circumstances and tribulations that will have been negotiated and surmounted to reach the summit.

This. Agree LTRTR.
It's all getting to a pointy end very quickly.
Not much more space for the AFL to move in, I'm figuring.
One mishap along the way ... by jimminy, the AFL would say, if a player tests positive for COVID ... and the whole season would teeter on crashing.
Should there in fact be a grand final this year, then the team that prevails to hold the cup aloft will have achieved a very mighty thing, an extraordinary effort given all the conditions, circumstances and tribulations that will have been negotiated and surmounted to reach the summit.
Or that team just happens or is fortunate enough to do a ‘Steve Bradbury’ :rotfl1

Reactions: 1 users
Football hypotheticals are one thing , making judgements on people's characters based on imaginary conversations between a player and his wife/partner is where I draw the line.

you can criticise Cotchin for lack of commitment if you want but no need to go there.

Fair enough. Every man has his limits.

For me, the imaginary sphere is boundless

If these hubs were to be for the rest of the season, hopefully that would encourage the AFL to return games to their normal length, which would benefit us greatly.

The angle I have taken is that the players really might rely on the support staff to do their thing. The assistant coaches, Balmey and other trainers for their input. Its a pity they couldnt somehow keep a lot more of them on board to help Dimma & the players.
Somehow financially find a way to prop them up eg sponsorship with future benefits to those that contribute.
Have a feeling that flatness could be partially attributed to it somehow.

This is a year with no home ground advantage. All supporters can stick it where it fits with the negativity that comes to travel/home ground advantage & so forth to all clubs & opposing point of views

RFC have imho a golden oppotunity to show how great they have become by embracing this and shld they nail another premiership!!! Well this will show their eliteness.

Come Tiges, its for short period, gel, get your mojo back. Embrace the challenge in the most difficult mountain there is.

IMO This premiership is the hardest of all in recent times. Not an asterix but an exclamation mark to it!

Go Tiges !!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I think it is pretty clear that I'm not suggesting a conversation about two events that occurred almost three years apart actually happened and instead have constructed a hypothetical conversation to point out the hypocrisy of the two positions. If it wasn't I assume it is now.

clear as mud big guy

• Wow
Loved Dimma's presser - best he's been all year. Let's hope the positivity flows onto the field.