Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richmond's seeming reluctance to go into a Hub

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Brisbane will think their shiit dosent stink.
Till they come to Melbourne and cop an almighty smacking.
Fagan needs his head deflated

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Big rumour we are playing Labrador in round 7 and Mt Garvatt in round 9.
Giddy up tiggies

kendo

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 3, 2007
We finally play the Roos at a ground other than Marvel .

Reactions: 5 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Round 6 Vs Sydney At The Gabba
Round 7 vs North at Metricon

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Yeah, same here. Maybe there'll be a two week pause before the next round?
Stand to be corrected but think we basically live in a bubble for 2 weeks and don't go out of the compound other than to play at least the first game with no crowds, travelling in a prison bus with gun toting guards to and from the venue.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
The way the numbers are growing each day in Melbourne.
I will surprised if the entire state isn't shut down again by next week.

Well numbers have plateaued a bit. We’ve been around the 70 mark for 3-4 days. Hopefully it means this spike has peaked and we’ll start to see numbers drop. If that’s the case, things could be back to normal after the 4 week postcode-specific lockdown and footy can return back to Melb. Maybe I’m being ambitious, but to say all hope is lost for the season is a bit OTT.

have they set the dates? we might well be forced into a bye for next week.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
So Queensland wouldn't let us in to play the Eagles, forcing the cancellation of the match, but we're now free to stay for an indefinite period?

Yep, bit weird really, and no bye in between, nor is the first game in Sydney.

I figure it must have been the idea of flying in and out but this is inconsistent with not allowing us to go and play the Weagles.

DS

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Well numbers have plateaued a bit. We’ve been around the 70 mark for 3-4 days. Hopefully it means this spike has peaked and we’ll start to see numbers drop. If that’s the case, things could be back to normal after the 4 week postcode-specific lockdown and footy can return back to Melb. Maybe I’m being ambitious, but to say all hope is lost for the season is a bit OTT.

We're playing Sydney Sunday 12th July and Norf Saturday night the 18th, so no bye.

We could well spend the rest of the year there, but at least the next 4 weeks, playing the Bummers and Dogs as well, before it's reassessed. Hopefully we get to come back home as you say, and don't have to go into another hub.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Queensland opened their borders today (except for Victorians in lockdown areas). Brought the decision forward. Also angling to have the AFL Grand Final played in Brisbane if the MCG is not available

sportshow

Tiger Rookie
Apr 14, 2009
Queensland opened their borders today (except for Victorians in lockdown areas). Brought the decision forward. Also angling to have the AFL Grand Final played in Brisbane if the MCG is not available

It will never be played away from the G in my opinion (contract $), but IF it was, my preferred venue would be the Gabba as the melts from the SA and WA flogs in particular would be very tasty ....

Reactions: 3 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
With the Bummers heading to QLD too, I'm looking forward to watching Dreamtime at the G(abba) this year :D

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
one positive is that we have a HUGE supporter base in SE QLD. we won't be losing any advantage to these teams (excluding the Lions).

• Love

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Still doesnt make sense.....

We couldn't/weren't allowed to fly in & out against WC, but now we will become the Brisbane Tigers for 5 weeks.
Out of all the states to go to, this is a huge win by the club.
We haven't lost on the Gabba for over 10 year's and lately we have been unstoppable on Metricon.

Reactions: 2 users

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004

Gabba Game Sunday July 12th
Metricon Game Saturday Night July 18th
Both Channel 7 Games