Richo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Richo

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
A sad day but geez get over it. Everyone has to go sometime. Wasn't without his faults. Too bad he didn't go out in R22 last year in front of a crowd. Definitely caused me more frustration than joy 60/40.

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Onya Richo, The time is right. Probably the games greatest ever athlete, could have been bigger than Carey in a better team.

Yep, bigger than carey. Boy what a footballer Richo was, unfortunately for him he got placed at Richmond but he tried his heart out for us all the same.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Well done big fella. Heart bleeds yellow and black.

Shocking that the club was so *smile* during your stay, you deserved better.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
tigerjoe said:
I would like to express my deep gratitude to the moronic training and medical staff who let Richo back onto the ground during the North game and then let him play the following week in Sydney when he clearly should not have.

You bunch of #$%^&*@ idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope none of them are still at the club.

Heaven * help them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too *smile* right

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just announced on Ch 7 news.

What a shame it couldn't have been in his last game.

All the best Richo.

skiptomystu

Follow me on Twitter @Stuart_Wilson23
Jun 29, 2004
I am devastated. I knew the end was nigh but we never got to say goodbye :'(

Richo, thank you for all of the memories, good and bad. I began supporting Richmond as a 5 year old kid back in 1995, and you have made the last terrible 16 years very enjoyable. I'm shattered I will never get to see you run out again, but I know you will continue your fantastic career into other areas.

Gordietiger

The Rolls Royce!
Apr 14, 2004
Re: anouncement from puntroad tomorrow

Yep its happening--going to miss the big fella!!!

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
ToraToraTora said:
A sad day but geez get over it. Everyone has to go sometime. Wasn't without his faults. Too bad he didn't go out in R22 last year in front of a crowd. Definitely caused me more frustration than joy 60/40.
wanker

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Looks like Round 1, 2010 must be a win already for us. Formal farewell to Richo and we HAVE to win for the big fella.

velo

Tiger Superstar
Feb 11, 2008
should have had a farewell game.

at least he had the passion and a personality.

Hayfever

Tiger Champion
Apr 12, 2005
The day we hoped would never happen :'(

Thanks for all the wonderful memories Richo - highs, lows and fantastic spirit and sportsmanship you gave us over many years.

Big question........ does this put one D. Bradshaw back into the Tigers frame and what chance would we have of getting him?

hopper

Vile weed!
Jul 28, 2004
Darwin
What a sad day. I'm shattered. I was there at Waverley for his first game and he has been my favourite for 16 years. God love the big fella. I'm gonna miss him terribly. Like I still miss Warney watching the cricket.

For me, I will remember Richo as the man who couldn't be outmarked. He could mark everything, and he might be scragged out of it but I seriously don't remember him getting outmarked ... ever. A champion in my mind.

I just hope we can find another star to shine in our darkness the way this big unit has.

Viva la Richo!