Robbie Tarrant - Welcome to the Jungle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robbie Tarrant - Welcome to the Jungle

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Then we knew what we were getting. I think the club would have factored that in.
Didn't cost us anything.
He bridged 12 months when we wouldn't have had someone to fill the hole. First half of last year was iffy, but he came good.
It was worth the risk, even if we didn't get 30 games out of him.
20 games, but imagine we'll never really know the impact his experience has on Balta, Young & Gibcus.

Reactions: 10 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I understood we wanted a readymade replacement for Astbury so went for a free agent Tarrant. However, in my opinion, except for a few few games he didn't impact as a man of his experience should have. I also think he and the club knew almost at the start of the season his injury was too great for him to return to the big league so was a bit surprised he didn't retire earlier on in the season when we could have used the space to go for a mid season draft tall. Still, what do I know, I am just a supporter

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Great speech. The fact he spent just 2 years with us, but was such big props for the club and that it’s had such a massive impact on him… gee it makes you pretty proud of what we’ve become.

When someone like RT is moved to speak so highly of the club, that means something I reckon.

• Love
Reactions: 18 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Great speech. The fact he spent just 2 years with us, but was such big props for the club and that it’s had such a massive impact on him… gee it makes you pretty proud of what we’ve become.

When someone like RT is moved to speak so highly of the club, that means something I reckon.
Shame he couldn’t get those 6 games to get to 200.

Congratulations on playing 194.

All the best in retirement.

Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
BTW remember this trade was for CCJ, an exchange of late draft picks & a future second round pick..(which I think we used towards landing Hopper).

CJ just had 5 touches on the weekend, has 4 goals for the season & hasn't played in a win yet.
Still 2 years left on his fat contract beyond this one..

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
BTW remember this trade was for CCJ, an exchange of late draft picks & a future second round pick..(which I think we used towards landing Hopper).

CJ just had 5 touches on the weekend, has 4 goals for the season & hasn't played in a win yet.
Still 2 years left on his fat contract beyond this one..

CJ is just another in Norths long list of trading in mediocrity: Logue, Tucker, Stephenson, Corr, Howe, Bonar, Young, Greenwood and prior to that Polec, Bosenavulagi, Tyson, Menadue, Pittard.

When your success stories as players traded in are Josh Walker and Aaron Hall you know your club is completely ducked.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
CJ is just another in Norths long list of trading in mediocrity: Logue, Tucker, Stephenson, Corr, Howe, Bonar, Young, Greenwood and prior to that Polec, Bosenavulagi, Tyson, Menadue, Pittard.

When your success stories as players traded in are Josh Walker and Aaron Hall you know your club is completely ducked.
That's ok. The league can just give them more priority picks- maybe access to a talented young kid- top 10 draft worthy, under the guise of their Indigenous Academy, even tho he has not any involvement with their academy up until now.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
That's ok. The league can just give them more priority picks- maybe access to a talented young kid- top 10 draft worthy, under the guise of their Indigenous Academy, even tho he has not any involvement with their academy up until now.

Real Footy podcast today suggested that Ben McKay will leave NM as an RFA and they will fiddle it to give them a priority pick through him rather than a "real" PP.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Real Footy podcast today suggested that Ben McKay will leave NM as an RFA and they will fiddle it to give them a priority pick through him rather than a "real" PP.
So they’ll have picks 2 and 3?

• Love

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
The AFL did that for Melbourne when Frawley left.

Reactions: 1 users