Robbie Tarrant - Welcome to the Jungle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robbie Tarrant - Welcome to the Jungle

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Sounds like the guy is struggling and would be running etc if he was ready for a return. Robbie must be wondering if it is worth risking his body continuing with footy
100/1 he is still on our list come the midseason draft

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Maybe our cap is full to near overflowing already this year. With all our injuries ( injured senior players would still get payed their full contracts ) and we'd be paying the youngsters weekly senior match payments on top of their minimal base contracts. We might already be at risk of blowing the budget into deficit.
Club simply might not have room to add another couple of mid season draftees onto the list this year.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Maybe our cap is full to near overflowing already this year. With all our injuries ( injured senior players would still get payed their full contracts ) and we'd be paying the youngsters weekly senior match payments on top of their minimal base contracts. We might already be at risk of blowing the budget into deficit.
Club simply might not have room to add another couple of mid season draftees onto the list this year.
Pretty sure that rookies don't come under the salary cap Maso, at least they never used to.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I feel for Taz, everything that could have gone wrong this year has.

Cross him off next years list.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Got to be one of the most pointless pick ups ever.
We were following the Dawks playbook when they picked up Lake
Lake went on to be a premiership player but Tarrant unfortunately seems well past it

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
How’s Robbie coming along? Setting himself up for a big 2024?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
He was solid late last year, so it was an ok pick up…. Sad end if that’s what it is

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Robbie and the club must think there is a chance he will be OK to get a gig before seasons end otherwise surely he would have retired before mid season to give us a pick

Reactions: 1 users

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
To be honest and not trying to be disrespectful to his brilliant career. A champion player. However, honestly I would rather play Young and Gibcus before him even if he is fit.

The future...

Reactions: 7 users

Go The Tiges!

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 14, 2009
Can only see him playing again in a retirement match against north (2nd last game of the year) and if we aren’t able to make finals

HKTigerB

Tiger Rookie
Jun 24, 2019
Maybe we're using him as a coach. He has been at most training sessions and pre-season he was definitely coaching Tylar. Wouldn't be the first club to get around the soft cap by having a player as a coach. Had he retired mid-season we would lose his coaching ability.

Reactions: 8 users

Tiger Hammer

Tiger Cub
Apr 3, 2014
Maybe we're using him as a coach. He has been at most training sessions and pre-season he was definitely coaching Tylar. Wouldn't be the first club to get around the soft cap by having a player as a coach. Had he retired mid-season we would lose his coaching ability.
First I've heard of this concept, but makes a lot of sense.