Robbie Tarrant | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robbie Tarrant

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
But seriously, does anyone else think we are flexing our muscles and letting north know they need to deal fairly with us? I know it wouldn’t be the whole story but pretty strange timing.

Reactions: 6 users

Ripplestick

Tiger Champion
Jan 18, 2007
Were we ever interested in Talia or was it media speculating that he'd be a good fit now Astbury has retired.?

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Talia a huge risk if you ask me based on his recent injuries and age therefore potential for future injury. Fine to say we need someone experienced to replace Astbury but pointless if he can't make the field.

Tarrant starts next season as a 33yo. Again high risk.

Great players but well past their prime.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerPaul71

Tiger Cub
May 24, 2013
Think the club is very diligent in choosing players and going through the process.
If they don't pass medical or feel something not quiet right your not coming.
Is this what has happened to Talia?

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Think the club is very diligent in choosing players and going through the process.
Talia hasn't played since Sep 2020. Can't see how he would possibly pass a full medical. Adelaide not even offering a 1 year contract is a pretty good clue.

Reactions: 6 users

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
dunno about that. We recruited Yarran.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Tarrant? Sheesh, and I thought Talia was a bad idea.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
North finished where they did because Tarrant and McDonald weren't in the side. Once back the side gelled and they actually looked half decent.

I'm not usually one for taking on 30yo's but we're not always in a premiership window.
If both physically fit I'd rate both Talia & Tarrant well ahead of Garth & Miller.
Dont write off Miller. He showed that he can play as a tall defender against Hawthorn.
Just a small sample size but enough to say we have a player.
He was mobile and had good hands.

Reactions: 8 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Tarrant? Sheesh, and I thought Talia was a bad idea.
Other then attire I generally agree with you tt, however I’m more then happy to have one or the other providing 2 ifs , fitness and we believe we can have genuine crack at 4 in 6.

On Tarrant I though his back was cactus , however I read it was just a growth type thing that’s been removed.

I see little future with Miller and Garth, however I see potential in Biggy down back , Tarrant or Talia “should” be able to provide the season and a half needed for Biggy to progress ( along with another draft pick ) as well as keeping us competing in 22 an 23

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Other then attire I generally agree with you tt, however I’m more then happy to have one or the other providing 2 ifs , fitness and we believe we can have genuine crack at 4 in 6.

On Tarrant I though his back was cactus , however I read it was just a growth type thing that’s been removed.

I see little future with Miller and Garth, however I see potential in Biggy down back , Tarrant or Talia “should” be able to provide the season and a half needed for Biggy to progress ( along with another draft pick ) as well as keeping us competing in 22 an 23
Tarrant had his tail removed?
That growth in his back?

• Haha

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

Yeah. I wouldn’t be letting a guy like Biggie go. Loads of talent but still quite a lot of development required but he has played little vfl footy yet due to lockdowns.
Way too early to write him off.
I would keep Miller as well but Garth has had enough chances imo.

Reactions: 11 users

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
I'd rather we go and have another talk to Dave...
Offer Dave 1 year? Then offer Tarrant 2? This is all a bit odd to me.
Let's go to the draft, give our seconds players a chance. Don't Kent Kingsley again.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Gets more of the ball and takes more marks than Talia and coming off pretty good form considering he missed first half of year , his numbers for a kpd are very good . If he’s fit , do it