Robbie Tarrant | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robbie Tarrant

If Tarrant is fit, he will be awesome and pretty similar to what Lake was for the hawks

Awesome player than will actually be an upgrade on Astbury ( if fit )

Thing is though he is a UFA, so it may end up nullifying the Chol comp, so effectively it will be Tarrant for Chol.
Chol will get us sweet FA in compo anyway.
They will screw us like they always do.
So i say just do it

Reactions: 4 users
If Tarrant is fit, he will be awesome and pretty similar to what Lake was for the hawks

Thing is though he is a UFA, so it may end up nullifying the Chol comp, so effectively it will be Tarrant for Chol.
20210918_133240.jpg

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

I think he will be on a par with Astbury. Astbury was super reliable and allowed our other defenders to play the attacking role.

But otherwise an excellent post.

I won Pakenhams Best Dressed man 2012-2016.

But I don't subscribe to the theory we need to recruit 30+ yr olds to stay competitive for a top 4 finish. It's a very short term, low return theory.
Well that would be some field to beat :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

If we do get a pick around 45 as rumoured for Chol , I’d doubt will use it any way Nik

I think he will be on a par with Astbury. Astbury was super reliable and allowed our other defenders to play the attacking role.

But otherwise an excellent post.

This is not meant as an insult to Astbury.

Well. It's going to look real bad if he turns out to be a crock. He's a much better player than Talia and will play high for us if he can get on the park. That would leave Noah as the plug (not a hard role to learn). And free Vlastuin to play small.

Reactions: 1 users
Well. It's going to look real bad if he turns out to be a crock. He's a much better player than Talia and will play high for us if he can get on the park. That would leave Noah as the plug (not a hard role to learn). And free Vlastuin to play small.
I like it

• Wow
If we do get a pick around 45 as rumoured for Chol , I’d doubt will use it any way Nik

We could still get to keep the Chol compensation pick if the Tarrant contract included incentives. The AFL does not include the incentives when calculating the compensation. i.e. Richmond offers $200k pa + incentives (even if they were easily achievable) North would get no compensation.

Could help with the CCJ trade deal. Possibly gives Richmond a bit more leverage now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Well that would be some field to beat :rolleyes:
He had to wear his dress thongs.

We should get pick 38 (end of second round), but they'll screw us. We'd use it with other picks to get 17/18 off the Dogs, so hopefully we keep it.

Well. It's going to look real bad if he turns out to be a crock.
Nothing to indicate he's a crock, Jack. Missed the first half of the year with a cyst on the kidney, played 10 of the last 11. Prior to that he'd played 22, 23, 21, 21, 22, 16 (of 17).

He's a much better player than Talia and will play high for us if he can get on the park. That would leave Noah Miller or Weideman as the plug (not a hard role to learn). And free Vlastuin to play small and Balta to play forward.
;)

Reactions: 1 users
Talia is a negating lock down defender - not much more to his game.

Tarrant is capable of locking down but also is a great intercept player and provides rebound out of defence - he is a much better player than Talia.

Also, expect Tarrant to be included in the trade for CCJ so it won't impact the Chol compensation - I expect an amical deal as they will want to look after Robbie too.
very good point raised. A trade between the two club and still have Chol compensation. @#$% hell there is so much to look at when dealing in the draft!

Always liked Tarrant. Great defender and a great pick up.

Reactions: 3 users