Robbie Tarrant | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robbie Tarrant

Looked a smart pick up be his body looks absolutely shot and will only get worse over the coming weeks. Bigger problem is we have him clogging the list for another year

Reactions: 1 users
Looked a smart pick up be his body looks absolutely shot and will only get worse over the coming weeks. Bigger problem is we have him clogging the list for another year
Smart is a stretch, but yes I agree, I can see why we did it, but at this stage it looks like it won't work out. I can see him either retiring at years-end and taking a partial payout, or playing in the seconds.

Reactions: 1 user
For one of franklin's msrk he had to impact coming from the side but elected to stay down. May been a half step too late to impact but still had to contest.

For one of franklin's msrk he had to impact coming from the side but elected to stay down. May been a half step too late to impact but still had to contest.

A worse one in my eyes costing us a goal out the back was when we had two in a marking contest to their one & Tarrant like a good interceptor should got in front in the perfect position to mark whilst the other two were grappling but inexcusably went the punch completely missing it and out the back it went.

Reactions: 3 users
Yep, that was a shocker. Couldn't believe what I saw. As if he suffers from night blindness in one eye.

We've seen this bloke jump this year. Gets excellent air. Career-best. We've seen him kick. Fluent. He was never quick but he's no worse.

After he was dropped, reprogrammed and promoted we set him for a cheap goal to boost his confidence. That was last week.

He's sound. He's fit. But he keeps going where the ball aint. At 38yo. We've done enough. Party's over.

Miller has been a work in progress but even if he still occasionally goes where it aint (looks to have left that behind but who knows?) he's 23yo. He has a future. And it is wrong to keep him out for a geriatric from Spudville who still needs coddling.

Tarrant can play FF in the Magoos to structure us up for a finals tilt. Maybe if he can kick a goal he'll attack the ball.

Reactions: 4 users
Yep it's hit the point where I'd rather have games into Miller & Nuyon.
I still want to see Miller an Biggie succeed. Both have good traits but also some god awful ones but as you say they could be our future and getting the occasional good game out of Tarrant isn't. From recent VFL reports Miller may have seen the light and starting to work harder on his deficiencies so I would like to see him get a run in the gorilla role instead of Tarrant

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
A worse one in my eyes costing us a goal out the back was when we had two in a marking contest to their one & Tarrant like a good interceptor should got in front in the perfect position to mark whilst the other two were grappling but inexcusably went the punch completely missing it and out the back it went.
That play right there pretty much shows where he’s at currently…. Maybe not confident because he’s not a straight up selection anymore, or he copped the ol lights in the eyes

That play right there pretty much shows where he’s at currently…. Maybe not confident because he’s not a straight up selection anymore, or he copped the ol lights in the eyes
I reckon Tarrant has been better the last two weeks; notwithstanding the two errors that have been highlighted here. Both stem from a lack of confidence. He should have been marking that ball that he attempted (unsuccessfully) to spoil and he should have attempted to spoil that ball that Franklin marked. We have given fellow veteran, Edwards a bit of time to find some form and he is showing good signs (thought he was our best player in 1st half), maybe we have to show some faith in Tarrant. His best is still way better than Biggie and Miller at this stage.

Tarrant has lost confidence in his ability to rebound.

He can kill the ball, but that’s where it ends with him at the moment.

Needs to rediscover a sense of command and adventure or I reckon Miller offers more.

Biggie ain’t ready.

Reactions: 1 user