Robbie Tarrant | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robbie Tarrant

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Thought he was very ordinary until the last quarter. Very slow, struggles to bend over, turnover involvements, nervous under the ball.

Miller before Tarrant for mine.

Reactions: 4 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I like his game. Got better as the game went on. Last quarter showed why we went after him. Took some big intercept marks.

I gave him votes. I thought his positioning was very good, and he held Dixon very well who is a tough guy to play on. We brought him in to play on the gorillas and he did that well today. People seem to want him to be something he isn't.

At the ground today, he could see he played well IMO. 9 intercepts shows he played his role in winning the ball back and as I said was good on Dixon.

Reactions: 3 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Thought he was very ordinary until the last quarter. Very slow, struggles to bend over, turnover involvements, nervous under the ball.

Dixon would have kicked 5 if Miller was playing.

Reactions: 2 users

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014

Let's not forget what he went through last year...
The Age 24 Mar 2021 — "North Melbourne defender Robbie Tarrant has had surgery to remove a lump from his kidney and will miss the first half of the season. The backman had known of the “mass” on his kidney for some time and had initially planned to put off surgery until the end of the year but then suffered a groin injury that was going to keep him out for at least a month and decided to have the surgery immediately."
He needs time to get his confidence back, that his body will take the hits within packs, etc. But if he's having trouble bending over then that is a real issue but was it just a knock tonight or the greasy ball or something to be managed? Trust out fitness guys to make the right call.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Let's not forget what he went through last year...
The Age 24 Mar 2021 — "North Melbourne defender Robbie Tarrant has had surgery to remove a lump from his kidney and will miss the first half of the season. The backman had known of the “mass” on his kidney for some time and had initially planned to put off surgery until the end of the year but then suffered a groin injury that was going to keep him out for at least a month and decided to have the surgery immediately."
He needs time to get his confidence back, that his body will take the hits within packs, etc. But if he's having trouble bending over then that is a real issue but was it just a knock tonight or the greasy ball or something to be managed? Trust out fitness guys to make the right call.
Word is that he has some back related issues. Not kidney, but back.

Brian H

Tiger Cub
Jul 26, 2013
He stood up when it really counted. Great last quarter. His experience showed.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I gave him votes. I thought his positioning was very good, and he held Dixon very well who is a tough guy to play on.

Sorry posh but Dixon is a fraud. The smallest big man in the AFL. Has been that way his whole career.

Tarrant is battling, he was involved in a couple of awful moments in the first 3 qtrs that cost goals. Had a better last quarter but he makes me very nervous every time he is involved.

Prefer Balta play back when Lynch is in and Tarrant out.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

Agree. 3rd quarter was diabolic. Miller is in good form atm.

Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Sorry for a 200 game player getting one good quarter isn’t good enough full stop no matter how you see it.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Sorry posh but Dixon is a fraud. The smallest big man in the AFL. Has been that way his whole career.

Tarrant is battling, he was involved in a couple of awful moments in the first 3 qtrs that cost goals. Had a better last quarter but he makes me very nervous every time he is involved.

Prefer Balta play back when Lynch is in and Tarrant out.

I think it depends on team balance, against more mobile talls absolutely, but I'd be playing Tarrant in 2 weeks against Geelong on Hawkins personally.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I think it depends on team balance, against more mobile talls absolutely, but I'd be playing Tarrant in 2 weeks against Geelong on Hawkins personally.
Yeh, I'm surprised how poor Tarrant has been. He was a very very good player at Norf. Ultra reliable, strong in the air and composed with the ball.

He looks slow, awkward and nervous now. Not sure how he turns that around.

At his best he would be first picked for the gorilla's which would hand Balta the second key forward and the ability to be more aggresive. Both marking the incoming ball and running off his opponent. If Tarrant/Balta were the key defenders it would allow Grimes/Vlastuin/Broad even more flexibility.

Gibcus's inexperience is showing, not sure I'd want him lining up on a Hawkins/Cameron or McStay in a final. We need the best version of Tarrant.

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
I actually liked his game tonight. Apart from a 5 min purple patch from McKay - which I don’t think anyone could’ve done much about - thought he held McKay.

Reactions: 5 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
I actually liked his game tonight. Apart from a 5 min purple patch from McKay - which I don’t think anyone could’ve done much about - thought he held McKay.
aside from that patch he destroyed McKay ..

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014

Agree. More than broke even, and McKay kicked a few out of his arse. Big test next week on Hawkins.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Gave him a pass mark tonight. But too slow against the lead for mine. We’re gonna pay a big price with that soon. Not good below his knees either.