Robbie Tarrant | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robbie Tarrant

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
If Miller's is going to take anyone's place in the team this season it should be Gibcus.

Yeah, I reckon that's right, just doesn't have the build for the gorilla forwards. Gibcus is good at coming into a pack to spoil, Miller can do the same.

DS

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Sitting on the AFL members wing on the boundary and I got to see first hand, up close, the classic Hawkins shove with the hands in the back. Umpire right on the spot. Play on. Unbelievable. What a protected species.
Same, we were in M25. Hawkins pushed with his forearms. He didn't hold his ground, he pushed. No free.

Moments later on the other side of the ground Hawkins grabbed Grimes as he ran to spoil and he went to ground - no free.

In the 3rd qtr twice Stengle interfered with Broad - once as as he went to a contest to spoil and Stengle put his arms around him to stop him getting a punch in, and the other where Broad was marking and Stengle grabbed his arms - clear interference in a marking contest 0 not paid.

The Lynch grabs by DeKoning, the Lynch high hit in the last by Deloning, the missed incorrect dispoisal in the same play (Judson kicked goal anyway).

The missed push after a mark in the irst qtr in our D50 (not sure who it was), then Close gets the 50 for the same thiong against Hugo.

Reactions: 1 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Miller is a lot younger, but I would also ask if Miller can ever get to the size to mix it with the really big forwards. Forwards these days are not only tall but built like a proverbial, can Miller get to that size and level? Not sure, and in saying that I am saying that Miller may never get the role on the really big tall and massive forwards, his role may be somewhat different simply because he isn't a huge build. Still think we try Miller in the seniors but not against massive forwards.

What last night showed is that we really do need at least 1 if not 2 big and very strong defenders. Every team needs this with big forwards. Tarrant fits that mould.

We recruited Tarrant for just the scenario we saw last night. Yes, Gibcus has been a revelation in his first year, but expecting him to compete against someone like Hawkins, as a first year, when he has a build about half the size of Hawkins, well, that is ridiculous. Much as Gibcus has been great, it is a long season and first year players are always going to be a bit less consistent over the long season.

Tarrant did exactly what we wanted last night, Tarrant delivered precisely what was on the box when we got him, great performance, invaluable performance.

DS
I wouldn't say Miller was small as he is said to be 198cm and 96 kg. Tarrant is said to be 196cm and 96kg. Just the age and experience makes to difference

Reactions: 1 user

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Thought he had his best game for Tigers. Hope its a glimpse of more to come

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I wouldn't say Miller was small as he is said to be 198cm and 96 kg. Tarrant is said to be 196cm and 96kg. Just the age and experience makes to difference

Yeah I looked it up too, Miller just doesn't look as solid, but height and weight say he should be pretty close.

DS

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Can't question this blokes courage & toughness. Playing with the injured hand & that contest where he put his body on the line.

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Bump from page 6.

Played to a good standard with his best game for the Tiges against North.
Spoiled and took marks.
Held his ground.

Was it because he was playing his ex teammates in front of their booing supporters?

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
He is has become our most reliable Defender while Big V & Grimes are having ordinary seasons

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Bump from page 6.

Spoiled and took marks.
Held his ground.

Was it because he was playing his ex teammates in front of their booing supporters?
Correction, supporter.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Don't think Tarrant has had a goal kicked on him in his last 4 games, has been a rock down back. Very solid off-season pick up, not his fault we are only struggling for a spot in the 8 and not top 4.

Reactions: 6 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Bump from page 6.

Spoiled and took marks.
Held his ground.

I did have a good laugh. Was surrounded by lolnorf supporters ( well, 2 behind me). One yelled out get over it idiots, when conman-Jones touched the ball and got booed by Tigers supporters ………..then immediately after proceeded to boo his lungs out abusing Tarrant :ROFLMAO:
I turned to look at him and he gave me a look of “what?”

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Resolute once again. Proving to be an astute pick up and starting to get confidence and gelling with his other backmen. I hope it continues.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
He's a gun. A shame we're a faded power. He should have gone to Geelong and may have ended his career with a flag.

• Wow

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Our best defender by far at the moment. Getting better and better as the year unfolds.

Reactions: 3 users