Robbie Tarrant | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Robbie Tarrant

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Huge game. Credit to the list managers, they got him to play on the big forwards, squaring the contest is a big win , flogging them is a massive bonus.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
Sitting on the AFL members wing on the boundary and I got to see first hand, up close, the classic Hawkins shove with the hands in the back. Umpire right on the spot. Play on. Unbelievable. What a protected species.
When it’s Hawkins doing it it’s ‘protecting space’, for others it’s a push in the back.

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Huge game. Credit to the list managers, they got him to play on the big forwards, squaring the contest is a big win , flogging them is a massive bonus.
That run back where he put his body on the line and spoiled a certain goal and got hit showed tremendous courage.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I admit to having doubts a couple of times about Robbie, I take it back, well played Taz.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Glad to hear he played a good game he is a perfect body match for Shovekins.

To play well under duress is deserving of Kudos.

I didn't see the game but from all reports he played well.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Good to hear.

He gets Fatkins next time and Noah takes Cameron.

Then Grimes Broad and Tigga can go to work on the rest.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Hard to imagine Ben Miller playing anything like what Taz did tonight based on what I've seen so far. We need him on the park as our gorilla killer if we're any chance of making it deep into finals. Was a solid all round game; spoiling, marking and disposal.

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
I’ve been critical of him in other games this year, but matched up well against Shovkins and put in a stellar shift. Fair play to him.

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Hard to imagine Ben Miller playing anything like what Taz did tonight based on what I've seen so far. We need him on the park as our gorilla killer if we're any chance of making it deep into finals. Was a solid all round game; spoiling, marking and disposal.
Bit of a difference in experience there B T.
Miller needs experience to improve his game whereas Tarrant already has it .

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Bit of a difference in experience there B T.
Miller needs experience to improve his game whereas Tarrant already has it .

You're not wrong, but he's our best available FB right now and playing another inexperienced KPD would have seen us out of the game much sooner.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Best game for the club - so impressed. The look on Hawkins face after the game, he looked like he had lost his mixed bag of lollies on the ground somewhere - he looked like he was about to cry even though they had won.

Reactions: 2 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
That's why we brought him over.
Too play on the big boys.
He has slapped McKay and Gary Lyon was saying Hawkins was injured, how about praising the great job a bloke with a broken hand did.
He is the last qtr marking expert.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

Miller is a lot younger, but I would also ask if Miller can ever get to the size to mix it with the really big forwards. Forwards these days are not only tall but built like a proverbial, can Miller get to that size and level? Not sure, and in saying that I am saying that Miller may never get the role on the really big tall and massive forwards, his role may be somewhat different simply because he isn't a huge build. Still think we try Miller in the seniors but not against massive forwards.

What last night showed is that we really do need at least 1 if not 2 big and very strong defenders. Every team needs this with big forwards. Tarrant fits that mould.

We recruited Tarrant for just the scenario we saw last night. Yes, Gibcus has been a revelation in his first year, but expecting him to compete against someone like Hawkins, as a first year, when he has a build about half the size of Hawkins, well, that is ridiculous. Much as Gibcus has been great, it is a long season and first year players are always going to be a bit less consistent over the long season.

Tarrant did exactly what we wanted last night, Tarrant delivered precisely what was on the box when we got him, great performance, invaluable performance.

DS

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Miller is a lot younger, but I would also ask if Miller can ever get to the size to mix it with the really big forwards. Forwards these days are not only tall but built like a proverbial, can Miller get to that size and level? Not sure, and in saying that I am saying that Miller may never get the role on the really big tall and massive forwards, his role may be somewhat different simply because he isn't a huge build. Still think we try Miller in the seniors but not against massive forwards.

What last night showed is that we really do need at least 1 if not 2 big and very strong defenders. Every team needs this with big forwards. Tarrant fits that mould.

We recruited Tarrant for just the scenario we saw last night. Yes, Gibcus has been a revelation in his first year, but expecting him to compete against someone like Hawkins, as a first year, when he has a build about half the size of Hawkins, well, that is ridiculous. Much as Gibcus has been great, it is a long season and first year players are always going to be a bit less consistent over the long season.

Tarrant did exactly what we wanted last night, Tarrant delivered precisely what was on the box when we got him, great performance, invaluable performance.

DS

If Miller's is going to take anyone's place in the team this season it should be Gibcus.