rookie pre season draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

rookie pre season draft

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
http://puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=51667.0

Try this thread Inspector.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
CC TIGER said:
Sam Darley linked to us ....Footywire
Darley : 186cm. 13 games in 2 seasons within GWS and 7 in 2 seasons with the Bulldogs. Delisted at the end of this season.

Doesn't scream out as a "pick me!" Kinda player based on those figures.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
tigertim said:
Darley : 186cm. 13 games in 2 seasons within GWS and 7 in 2 seasons with the Bulldogs. Delisted at the end of this season.

Doesn't scream out as a "pick me!" Kinda player based on those figures.
Phhht, not much by the sound of it. Clubs picked up a bunch of running small to medium sized mids n ground swarmers the last couple of years. Surely we'd be looking at a couple of cheap rookie youngsters with the potential to develop into ruck or Key def roles. Think we're getting to saturation on regurgitating midfielders.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Exactly TM!

I would be looking at Talls for KDP down back and a ruckman.

I think our back stocks are poor. Injury prone Astbury, a 2 gamer in Elton, an ageing Chaplin and that's it. I know we got Broad but I would be looking at at least 2 196 cms plus defenders with some speed. A CHB would be nice though!

Need a ruckman too! Unless Hampson has a break out- he too has been injury prone, poor Maric is nearly at the end, we can't rely on Vickery and Griff. They are needed forward!

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
BrisTiger24 said:
I'd be happy to go all tall in the rookie draft. One ruckman, one ruck/forward and one key defender.

I'll jump on that bandwagon with you Bris, sounds like the right way to go.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
And now Mabior Chol, a 197 ruck man who weights 80 kg!

Sudanese-born tall forward who can play in the ruck. Left-footer who is quick and agile and a good user of the ball by hand and foot. Moved from Sudan to Queensland at eight years of age. Member of Brisbane Lions Academy. Impressed in the NAB AFL U18 Championships for Queensland.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Finally, Adam Marcon from Willy VFL. No info on the AFL site. 23 years old. Mate of Kane Lambert according to SEN.

Article about him at http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/vfl-marcon-ready-to-take-the-next-step-20150704-gi57wd.html

lamb22

Tiger Legend
Jan 29, 2005
Great picks.

Especially the Marcon pick. Now a RFC tradition. Take the best young talent left in the State league with your last pick. Natural footballer. Has worked hard for his chance.

Lets see how good our development coaches are with Moore's ball drop and kicking. He's got most of the rest.

wigglyworm

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 22, 2008
Conca will certainly have his work cut out making the team with Moore, Townsend and others pushing into that midfield spot

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
lamb22 said:
Great picks.

Especially the Marcon pick. Now a RFC tradition. Take the best young talent left in the State league with your last pick. Natural footballer. Has worked hard for his chance.
Yep, pretty much a free hit at the best State League talent.